Outgoing? Brewster and Burke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’ll be gutted if Ollie goes. He’s like a bullet down the wing and has bat radar for the goal. Shame his face hasn’t fitted here, never given a fair chance and he will shine at this level given a chance
I missed this earlier, and it didn’t get the lulz it deserved! 😂👍

He's a long term prospect but is still frighteningly raw considering his age and history. I have no idea what calibre of coaches Liverpool has, but never seen a player so lacking basic training.

He had a great spell before the injury but poor before that.

I suspect, if we are offered high single millions, we'd probably cut our losses. He's bound to be on a big wages as well, which would be another consideration.

He has the potential to score 20 goals in the championship, ( he scored 10 in 20 for Swansea ) if he does with his pedigree he will be worth in excess of what we paid for him.
if forest go up I can see them calling with a money back offer.

He's a long term prospect but is still frighteningly raw considering his age and history. I have no idea what calibre of coaches Liverpool has, but never seen a player so lacking basic training.

He had a great spell before the injury but poor before that.

I suspect, if we are offered high single millions, we'd probably cut our losses. He's bound to be on a big wages as well, which would be another consideration.
He missed a lot of football as well, lengthy injuries stunted development. But overall I think he arrived at a broken team and struggled to get going. Did have some really poor performances, no doubt.

If we let brewster go it shows a complete lack of ambition can't see it my self
North London lad on his own in turkey, doubt he speaks Turkish. Would be a strange move from him even if they offered something acceptable.

Listening to UndrTheCosh most players that have gone to these types of clubs have expressed how lonely it is when you’re out there

We'd be crazy to get shut now. Maybe consider it this time next year, but really silly to get rid of a prospect who showed sparks before his injury.

He came at a time we were bereft of confidence with dressing room issues in 2nd PL season, and then playing under Slav, and then long lay off with injury. He's not had an easy time.

I really do think Rhian could've fired us to Play off glory had we had him under Hecky the past few months

I don't watch matches these days but from what I've gathered from the pundits on Radio Sheffield commentaries, Brewster tends to stand still and wait for someone to pass him the ball. He doesn't make runs in the box to unsettle defenders. No doubt he can strike the ball well if it lands at his feet, but he lacks a natural striker's instinct. I recall he played in at least one Under-23 game last season, but didn't impress.

I don't watch matches these days but from what I've gathered from the pundits on Radio Sheffield commentaries, Brewster tends to stand still and wait for someone to pass him the ball. He doesn't make runs in the box to unsettle defenders. No doubt he can strike the ball well if it lands at his feet, but he lacks a natural striker's instinct. I recall he played in at least one Under-23 game last season, but didn't impress.
Agree with what you say about him standing still and not making runs, but that improved towards the end of his run in the team. Think the problem is that we spent so long playing in little triangles that the forwards never knew when the ball was going to be played and they all stopped making runs.

Not a chance. We don’t need to sell, he doesn’t want to leave. He has plenty of time left on his contract. We don’t sell on the cheap anymore. People need to stop trying to convince themselves we should be moving on our best players for £8-10m 😂. Now if someone came in with £18m it’s a different story.

Going to Turkey would be an odd move for him I suspect he still very much has ambitions of having a career in the prem

I think the style of football under Jocanovic didn't suit him at all, under Hecky he really started to show what he was all about before he got injured.

If he can regain the form he was in, with Ndiaye and Brewster we could be in for treat

He has the potential to score 20 goals in the championship, ( he scored 10 in 20 for Swansea ) if he does with his pedigree he will be worth in excess of what we paid for him.
Other evidence would suggest we shouldn’t take a good scoring record for Swansea as evidence of being a good player!

Agree with what you say about him standing still and not making runs, but that improved towards the end of his run in the team. Think the problem is that we spent so long playing in little triangles that the forwards never knew when the ball was going to be played and they all stopped making runs.
He was definitely improving before the injury. Didn't he draw a red and a penalty with his run in the last 2-3 games?

I think the style of football under Jocanovic didn't suit him at all, under Hecky he really started to show what he was all about before he got injured.

If he can regain the form he was in, with Ndiaye and Brewster we could be in for treat
No doubt Jack Lester can claim some credit for the improvement. It's sad though that the Club paid £26 million for someone who still needed coaching on the basics of being a striker.

So did Leon Clarke maybe better judging that ratio after 40/50 games at this level

North London lad on his own in turkey, doubt he speaks Turkish. Would be a strange move from him even if they offered something acceptable.

Listening to UndrTheCosh most players that have gone to these types of clubs have expressed how lonely it is when you’re out there
His mother is Turkish Cypriot so it's not as far fetched as it first appears.

Anyone thinking we'd take less than £15-20m though needs to give their head a wobble.

If we can't get £15m plus then we should stick with him because he could easily score 20 goals next season and is then worth £20m in current prices and could be crucial in making the tip two.

He'd have to show the form he did just before his injury for a longer time for any club to want him for anything like we would be willing to sell him for.

20 goals in the championship doesn't make you worth near 20m

Look how many players scored that amount last season

Mitrovic is an outlier

Many scored in the region of 20

What's Joel Piroe worth?

Mitrovic is an outlier

Many scored in the region of 20

What's Joel Piroe worth?

Ok, we’ll discount Mitrovic from your list then, so there’s actually only 4 players who scored 20.

You were talking about players who had scored 20, not those who had scored ‘in the region’.

What is Joel Piroe worth?

If you’re going to reply to me it would be better if you quoted me so I get a notification 🙂

Ok, we’ll discount Mitrovic from your list then, so there’s actually only 4 players who scored 20.

You were talking about players who had scored 20, not those who had scored ‘in the region’.

What is Joel Piroe worth?

If you’re going to reply to me it would be better if you quoted me so I get a notification 🙂
My mistake

OK, let's take weimann, piroe, brereton, grant and gyokeres - averaging 20 goals

Would they average 20m value, or even near?

30 goals is different. Those players are likely be be 20m range

My mistake

OK, let's take weimann, piroe, brereton, grant and gyokeres - averaging 20 goals

Would they average 20m value, or even near?

30 goals is different. Those players are likely be be 20m range

Grant and Gyokeres didn’t score 20, why would we include them? You were talking about players who had scored 20.

How much do you think Blackburn would let Brereton go for? I can’t see Bournemouth selling Solanke for less than £20m myself. Piroe at just 22 would fetch a decent price, maybe not £20m but it would be upwards of that if he was English.

Weimann I’ll give you

Back
Top Bottom