They’re pathetic aren’t they?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That’s a pretty wild assessment, and one that is totally down to opinion
Not quite as wild as your rant. The bar wasn't exactly very high but who contributed more yesterday than those two?

Not quite as wild as your rant. The bar wasn't exactly very high but who contributed more yesterday than those two?
I don’t think anyone really contributed anything 😂 Iliman maybe, he scored at least

I blame the pre game music, last 2 matches we haven't played status quo in the lead up to players coming out

I’ve woke up and I’m still fucked off.

Losing at home to fourth bottom when you’re at the business end of the season in the play offs is fucking embarrassing.

They haven’t got a set of bollocks between them. The two with anything about them were sat on the bench and in the stands respectively.

Egan is meant to lead and marshal that back line. Like fuck.
Norwood shows up when he wants to, today wasn’t one of those days.
Baldock might be the thickest bloke I’ve seen play football.

It’s just really really desperately wank. I was going to Bristol Monday but that idea can take a walk.

Fuck the lot of them.
Just try & forget about it that’s what I do 😂. Or vision how bad this team would be in the premiership & it takes any stress away from hoping we gain promotion

That was worse than any Wembley performance given the level of opposition compared to our supposed ‘quality’
What do you mean “the level of opposition” ?

You’re coming across like a mixture of a Wendy’s arrogance and Timothy Lumsdem

!

What do you mean “the level of opposition” ?

You’re coming across like a mixture of a Wendy’s arrogance and Timothy Lumsdem

!
They’re fourth bottom in the division man 😂 they’re wank and we made them look like Liverpool

They’re fourth bottom in the division man 😂 they’re wank and we made them look like Liverpool
So you have never seen a team improve under a new manager and without the points deduction Reading would have been well clear of relegation
!
It’s the Championship everybody beats each other look at yesterdays results for examples

!

Tbf I thought Reading were decent they have some quality players and have definitely underachieved this season with the squad they have
Their last six games not too shabby !

BF640A44-F0E6-47CE-A069-EBA52166C532.png

Angriest I've been all season. An absolutely pathetic display where we nicked an undeserved point and then somehow threw it away. We did the hard work by coming back from a terrible start but when the pressure is on these players just don't seem to be up to it. One of the most cowardly displays I've seen for years
I dunno, I’m basically resigned to the fact we just ain’t good enough. My anger disappeared totally in the relatively short walk from BDTBL to the Cremorne.

I dunno, I’m basically resigned to the fact we just ain’t good enough. My anger disappeared totally in the relatively short walk from BDTBL to the Cremorne.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure why I'm so pissed off because we are clearly not good enough to go up and don't deserve to. I think I'm just angry at the total apathy of the performance

This notion that performances / results like we saw yesterday is just "typical Sheffield United" is almost making an excuse for it in my book. Having slept on it, that performance yesterday was not just as poor as say Blackpool at home under Slav, it was like a throwback to the Adkins season before Wilder came. When Wilder first came in, he talked about a disconnect between players and supporters, and he had to bring it back together. You could sense the beginnings of that disconnect reforming, and if we don't make the play-offs or get promoted, then that will only get worse if we see more performances like yesterdays.

We've no divine right to win any game of course. The idea of losing to a fourth-bottom Reading side itself, or any team near the bottom does not upset me, of course it can happen. Boro lost at home to Hull last weekend. We know anyone can beat anyone in this division. What upset me the most, like it did for many of our supporters, was that level of performance from our players. The first half in particular was as poor as we've seen in a long time. The second half we huffed and puffed, but never looked like scoring and N'Diaye's goal came out of nothing. Then to switch off so unprofessionally like we did straight after the kick-off and cost ourselves what could be a vital point, just summed up the entire showing.

In the first half, when we were under the cosh for that period after the goal, you could see there were no leaders on the pitch. Nobody was talking, nobody was sorting it out. Baldock and Stevens were stood on the halfway line, not looking to make runs. The one time Baldock did make the run into the box after the play was switched from the left side, he almost got in. Why did that take him 40 odd minutes? The back three were passing between themselves. The midfield had nowhere to go, no movement down the sides or in front of them. McBurnie might as well have come and sat on the Kop. Gibbs-White was running around trying to play his own game, because whilst Sharp is out, he's now our only real "match-winning player".

It's not just about one bad result like yesterday, there is always the bigger picture to look at. Heckingbottom's honeymoon period is also over with the fans, and whilst I question his policy of squad rotation, I do still think he's done a good job with what he's got available. I don't think this squad is anywhere near as strong as media and pundits like to try and make out. So to get us in with a chance of the play-offs with the injury crisis, having to throw in some of the kids at the deep end, he's done well to manage this situation. Wes's 16 clean sheets also can't be ignored during PH's tenure.

That's why this summer is going to be so important in terms of the next few seasons. With no prospect of any serious investment in the first team, and the fact we've made huge financial losses on our major signings (McBurnie, Brewster, Berge) - we're coming towards a critical juncture as a Football club. We've got to hope our promising youth players like Seriki, Osula and Jebbison can grow and make the grade (although the latter needs another loan for me) - and most importantly, whatever budget PH has to play with, we've simply got to get the recruitment right.

The biggest problem is the forward players. There's simply almost no movement. Sharp runs the channels. No one else really does. So you get players either attempting Hollywood passes or turning inside/passing backwards. This formation works if both wingbacks are constantly playing as wingers and /or the forward players are offering for the ball. Our midfield and attack are far too static.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure why I'm so pissed off because we are clearly not good enough to go up and don't deserve to. I think I'm just angry at the total apathy of the performance
To slightly misquote a well worn CW phrase. We were playing with the handbrake on...and have been for a while.

We just have to accept we’re not good enough. Praised hecky early on was surprised with the turn around now he’s showing why he’s an academy coach at best. When I saw the line up yesterday was shocked with the midfield, then his substitutions showed he’s out of his depth. If Anyone thinks we’re going up is deluded, if by a miracle we do we’ll be definitely break the record for least points achieved in the premiership.

So you have never seen a team improve under a new manager and without the points deduction Reading would have been well clear of relegation
!
It’s the Championship everybody beats each other look at yesterdays results for examples

!
Fucks sake 😂😂😂😂 laughable

The attitude of the players is so much worse than the result

Back
Top Bottom