MANAGER SACKED

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The hope was always that Slav turned out to be the Slav of 3/4 years ago at Fulham. He’s never looked like a Sheffield United manager, we’re weak defensively & boring offensively. Lucky to win Tuesday, if we’d of lost/ drawn more would agree with the decision. His record is similar to Robsons. Let that sink in
I agree that what we've seen has been pretty dire, turgid stuff but then it was last season, just against better opposition which is why we've won a few more games.

Only difference is that Bryan Robson was given parachute money to spend on people like Beattie and inherited a squad that was relegated by one goal on the last day of the season, not this bunch who hit a peak for a few months then fell off a cliff.

I agree that what we've seen has been pretty dire, turgid stuff but then it was last season, just against better opposition which is why we've won a few more games.

Only difference is that Bryan Robson was given parachute money to spend on people like Beattie and inherited a squad that was relegated by one goal on the last day of the season, not this bunch who hit a peak for a few months then fell off a cliff.
We all hear stuff probably BS but something that sticks in my mind is Bettis saying Slav has allowed the recruitment team to deal with transfers and he’s not used to getting involved, Bettis said the club want him to be involved though. That worried me, I know it’s probably a modern method but surely a manager has a plan & players in mind to gain success

Oh God, we're just another one of THOSE clubs now aren't we!

Sack Slav and bring Warnock in? And you know loads will lap it up.

Backwards club, backwards fans.

Completely deserve the wilderness and under-achievement.

Another ailed short lived attempt to bring the club into the modern age.

Back to hoof and mediocrity 👍

It's hard to not agree hysterically with this. I also know my old man would be one of those that would lap it up 🙄

He doesn't seem happy, and it's not really working, so I'm not entirely surprised but I'm sad to see him go.

He was the best appointment we could've made, but only if you're going to fully buy into to Slav. The club didn't financially, the players haven't on the pitch.

Really are in a mess now. Will be interesting to hear the board's reasons for this one.

New manager wise, if we've got nowt then who's coming?

Farke is the only one really who's achieved what we want with not a lot, but he had Stuart Webber pulling mid to top end Championship players out of obscurity.

Apart from Warnock...

Even if we could tempt Farke the appointment in my view would be pretty much the same as SJ's. Decent manager with a track record of promotions from this league but will not be backed here to get the team challenging at the top end.

I’m going to stick my neck out and say i agree with removing Slav and replacing him with Hecky (if confirmed). I suspect when Slav was appointed the Prince expected more funds to be raised in the transfer market, probably Berge and maybe one of two others to lower the wage bill and fund the first part of a rebuild. When that didn’t happen, coupled with the poor pre season i think Slav was doomed to failure. He hasn’t looked happy, the players don’t look happy and the fan base has descended into apathy in record time. The atmosphere hasn’t even been negative it’s dead. It’s a sign of strong leadership to act now and say it’s not working and to do something about it.

Given the spending over the last couple of years I don’t think there’ll be any significant funds left to spend unless there are outgoings, which I don’t expect. We have a bloated squad on wages way in excess of their worth. If we want a club in five years I’m not advocating throwing money we don’t have at it now. For that reason i think Hecky makes sense. I agree it’s hardly inspiring but he did a reasonable job before and is more likely than another new face to determine a style of play, get a response from the players and optimise our results this season.

Finally I don’t believe our squad is ‘done’. Yes some of them are way off their levels but they’re hardly finished age wise. I just don’t think they are playing as a cohesive team. They don’t seem to understand the plan. The pointless retention of the ball, the hopeless defensive shape, for me this comes down first and foremost to the manager. I think we’ll see better under Hecky And I’ll be there on Sunday with more optimism than i would have been if we’d continued with Slav.

Even taking into account the language issues the man speaks in riddles, he's never once inspired Bert and Bert suspects that it's the same for the players.

It won't be a dressing room revolt but the players will have been consulted.

He’s going a bit over the top with it this Blad fella but…

There has been a definite change in @YorkBlade’s posts since the Prince interview etc. A lot of “I know more than you” stuff. Doesn’t come across well in my opinion. His first post on this thread for example - tells us nothing we don’t already know but makes sure we all know he knew first.

Ok after a time of reflection
Reported again.

Can we get this one off the forum please? We're supposed to be on here to chat about how shit our club is and avoid work. Seems like this one has come on here to pick a fight.
Gregory you fucking oddball this isn’t your forum, it’s a fans forum and I can take part on this forum how I see fit.

Back
Top Bottom