Match Thread Reading v. Sheffield United - 23rd November 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fleck and Stevens have completely gone. They’re now league one players at best sick of giving them any more chances they aren’t up to it

The Reading stream commentators are having a good laugh saying Sheffield United playing-it backwards, sideways, backwards, sideways, sidways, backwards! Bake-off is on TV tonight! Think we should have watched it.

Don't know what they are laughing at Drinkwater spent about 5 minutes passing back and forth with a central half.

Any player out there tonight who knows how to take ball forward. For most of the 1st half just square or back pass. Very POOR performance. At least the DONS have jsut scored one @ S6

sorry but united fans wont put up with this shit for much longer i can see him getting sacked if we lose this one
Thankfully not a chance of him being sacked
You could have Pep with Klopp running this team and the sane outcome 6 players on there are well and truly spent

3 shots and 0 on target for us

1 shot 0 on target for Reading.

Another Sky masterclass pick

I just can't see what the plan to score is, we've got brewster and mcgoldrick just stood marked no movement not trying to get in behind not dropping deep and trying to link play, we're not trying to get down the wings, we're not playing off a target man, what has he actually said to them before the game.

I can only think the instructions are keep it at nil nil for as long as possible and try and nick one from a set piece

All very neat and tidy but it's all in front of the Reading defence, all they have to do is keep their discipline and they'll keep us out.

Unless someone on one team or the other makes a catastrophic mistake, it's got 0-0 all over it. We just don't shoot enough and haven't for years, even when we were decent.

This team needs tearing up and starting again with but we all know that we're skint and our players are worthless. What the hell do we do?

And then ends mis controls on touch line…..
We are very lucky that Reading offered nothing up top that half, we had a decent first twenty and Bogle playing well down that right side. Reading nullyfying us for the remainder.
Really ?
He’s had more of than he ball than anyone and Donenowt with it except put it out of play when he passes.

The players must watch the games we’ve played, and with the experience they have they must be aware that we’ve got nowhere playing this way. So why don’t they change it or inform the manager? Are they scared of him? Surely the more senior players will have to stand up and say or do something soon? Too slow and too predictable.

I just can't see what the plan to score is, we've got brewster and mcgoldrick just stood marked no movement not trying to get in behind not dropping deep and trying to link play, we're not trying to get down the wings, we're not playing off a target man, what has he actually said to them before the game.

I can only think the instructions are keep it at nil nil for as long as possible and try and nick one from a set piece
They probably haven't a fucking clue what he's said to them

Anyone with the capability, head over to Reading's iFollow feed, the commentators have had me in stitches. They started off eulogising over Norwood, one of them saying 'He's the best player we've had at Reading in the modern era'. Then as the game wore on and got duller and duller, they've got funnier and funnier. Commentator was just going 'Sideways, sideways, sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards, sideways, forwards, backwards....' when we had the ball. They've been just as scathing about Reading. Half-time - 'That was bang average entertainment'; 'No, it wasn't that good'. Get these on Sky.

'Slav hasn't got a clue playing a back four'
'We can only play with a 3 and wing backs with this squad'
Slav changes to that for a couple of games and we struggle more to create like last season
'Slav's clueless'
'This is boring'

Reality might hit a few soon.

The reason for our problems is in the Boro technical area looking 'resplendent'

Back
Top Bottom