Match Thread Reading v. Sheffield United - 23rd November 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Gibson-White need to watch himself or he could get a 2nd yellow with all the timewasting he's going kicking the ball away with all these silly freekick Utd are giving away

robbiez666

Reaction score
First and foremost, thoughts are with John Fleck and his family. Let's hope he's ok.

Pretty turgid game. I'm not going to score the players after what happened but you have to say they dug in well and if anything were stronger as the game went on. Not the greatest performance. Very far from it but it's a win.

Nagima

Reaction score
Better in the second half. Once we got the goal it gave us a lift. We let them back at us in the last 20. Luckily enough Reading are poor. We will take the 3pts and move on.

United Aren't Back.

Reaction score
Well done United.
Great win, good display by Fodders, two clean sheets, nice goal by Bogle. Terrible quality match of course, two really poor sides.
Well done them lads.

Last edited:

BladesOnToast

Reaction score
Apparently a club record, we've never won 6 consecutive away matches against the same opposition before. I mean in 6 consecutive visits to a particulr stadium. I mean ... Fuck it you know what I mean.

Lawrence

WF9 Blade
Reaction score
Why. We've just hammered Reading
Hanging on for the last 20 minutes, kick the ball anywhere, suppose we hung on so credit for that but the first half, Sidways, Sidways, Back, Sidways, Back, Sideways etc. etc.

Wards

Reaction score
Second 45 much better than the first half dross. Didn't think we had two clean sheets in us. Onwards and upwards!

bakeblade

Reaction score
Was it Foderingham we needed all along? 2 clean sheets on the trot after the shambles so far
He's definitely helped, but it's mainly due to us reverting to 3 at the back and getting Bash back in.
It might be boring, but it makes us difficult to beat.

United Aren't Back.

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll get some minutes in the run-up to the transfer window opening.
Apparently a club record, we've never won 6 consecutive away matches against the same opposition before. I mean in 6 consecutive visits to a particulr stadium. I mean ... Fuck it you know what I mean.
Sky only mentioned League matches.
Was it last season we won in t cup there, McGoldrick on 3 minutes etc??

Last edited:

Aston max

Reaction score
3-5-2 = two clean sheets without the opposition laying a glove on us. Still problems at LWB, central midfielder and up top, but this system at least gives us a foundation to be competitive.
I think he's looking at 3-4-3
Egan looked more assured tonight, just think Davies needs a couple more games to get used to the system but Stevens needs dropping, I think berge will be better in the middle but we desperately need a defensive midfielder to partner him

derekacorah

Reaction score
Glad Fleck conscious, result isn’t important in the grand scheme of things tonight.

However, better 2nd half and barring a cross that Wes should claim first half and a shot from 35 yards they didn’t hurt us at all.

We piss about with the ball and can go from the right wing to left back position with a ball quicker than we can go left back to right wing but we look a lot more solid as a back 3 (or 5).

The end of the game was just a survival mission with the players minds probably shot to bits so credit to them for concentrating.

Good result and no player will be criticised tonight by me.

Benitachel

Reaction score
Well we won and I am so glad we did but oh dear we were not very good again up to scoring the goal. First half no shots on target for either team says it all. Backwards sideways back into our own half. Very slow and boring but Reading were worse thank goodness. I will take the win and be glad for it. UTB

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Top Bottom