Match Thread Reading v. Sheffield United - 23rd November 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Being a typical blade I can see where this is Going….. final score 1-0 (Carroll 90+6) - hope I’m wrong

Negative, pedestrian, unimaginative, cowardly, turgid stuff from players who look like they would rather be anywhere than on that pitch.

Started ok but what a tedious first half. Simply put, we have no movement upfront. Every time Stevens gets the ball he turns to go forward and there is no one making a run. McGoldrick did for 5 minutes and Brewster does occasionally, but there's no one to hit.

Davies has had a few opportunities to fizz a pass straight through on the floor to Brewster but no one will take a chance.

I would put Osborn on for Stevens and tell both wingbacks to push up and just operate with 3 at the back. They've hardly troubled us.

Reminds me of last season

If you’re watching via, to pluck an example from thin air, a dodgy cracked Firestick, then have a go at the Reading stream rather than the United one. They are rather scathing of our endless sideways and backwards passing, and I can’t blame them. It’s been shite. Can’t be arsed watching the second half.

We are very lucky that Reading offered nothing up top that half, we had a decent first twenty and Bogle playing well down that right side. Reading nullyfying us for the remainder.

poor team selection yet again just dont think slav knows what to do with this set of players mind still say their not playing for him

sorry but united fans wont put up with this shit for much longer i can see him getting sacked if we lose this one
I think you are right there. It looks like they are not motivated and giving very little effort....
Even if Slav gets a few in during the window its too late they are too long getting away with unacceptable performances. He is having no impact on the current squad.

What I cannot for the life of me understand why the fuck we can't actually have any one we play in CM make a run forward of the ball to receive it and attack though the centre with urgency.

The Reading stream commentators are having a good laugh saying Sheffield United playing-it backwards, sideways, backwards, sideways, sidways, backwards! Bake-off is on TV tonight! Think we should have watched it.

The only thing more boring than Sheffield United is Reading.
What a complete fucking waste of time this team are. Pass, pass, pass.....nothing!
What does Stevens have to do to get dropped? Just how badly does he have to play and fuck up to get left out?
If this doesn't improve then Slav can fuck off and take all this shit with him. Stealing a living with no sign of ambition or intent to win.
Wankers.

Predictable and pedestrian. No options through the middle of midfield and up front. Can't remember a single forward pass from the midfield into a attacking player. We've got to at least try and force the issue instead just passing safe and hoping for an opening.

Is it just me or is every pass 1/2 a yard behind everyone, put it in front of the man it gets you going forwards
Exactly what my lad said. Its basic football,at least 3 times we had an opportunity to get on the front foot by putting the ball a few meters in front of the player but they have had to wait for it to arrive. By that time the Reading player is back in position

put it in the bloody box !

That last passage of play was infuriating. Ten seconds until half time. Fleck has the ball out wide. We have men waiting in the box and…. Fleck turns and knocks it back to the halfway line. The whistle goes. Nil fucking nil.

Back
Top Bottom