Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back Row, ?, Martin Dickinson, Paul Williams, Andy Barnsley, Graham Benstead, Paul Heald, Cliff Powell, Brian Deane, Simon Webster, Tony Agana, Darren Carr, ?

Front Row, ?, Peter Duffield, Mark Todd, Chris Downes, Martin Pike, Mark Dempsey, Chris Wilder, Brian Smith.

I think the ? are Coopers staff.

Blade1959, don't think Wally Downes was at The Lane when the photo was taken, may be wrong though it was 33 years ago.

Blade1959, don't think Wally Downes was at The Lane when the photo was taken, may be wrong though it was 33 years ago.
Yes he was. Bassett signed him in February 1988. Alan Harper broke Downes ankle in a "behind closed doors" friendly between the Sheffield clubs in summer 1988. Was out injured for most of the 1988-89 season, I saw him play for our reserves towards the end of the season but he had to retire due to injury because his ankle "wasnt right"

Yes he was. Bassett signed him in February 1988. Alan Harper broke Downes ankle in a "behind closed doors" friendly between the Sheffield clubs in summer 1988. Was out injured for most of the 1988-89 season, I saw him play for our reserves towards the end of the season but he had to retire due to injury because his ankle "wasnt right"

Silent, I stand corrected, still don't think it's Wally Downes on the photo.

Different game back then, lot of opposition players targeted him, trying to injure him, running into his elbow,,

Back Row, ?, Martin Dickinson, Paul Williams, Andy Barnsley, Graham Benstead, Paul Heald, Cliff Powell, Brian Deane, Simon Webster, Tony Agana, Darren Carr, ?

Front Row, ?, Peter Duffield, Mark Todd, Chris Downes, Martin Pike, Mark Dempsey, Chris Wilder, Brian Smith.

I think the ? are Coopers staff.
Far left back row ? next to Martin Dickinson. Could it be Keith Waugh? However Waugh was at the Lane from 1981-85 which seems a bit early for Cliff Powell (1988-90) and Mark Todd (1987-91). Probably not then.

Definately not Wally Downes, like I said previously probably Coopers staff.

Sat in the coach is the driver, Andy.

Coopers supplied United and Wednesday with the away coach back in the day, he alternated driving both teams to their away games.

I’ve got a photo on my phone from Utd v Forest in March 2018. It‘s taken during a snowstorm and I think it would make an absolutely great framed print. Anybody help with how I’d go about it, ie get it blown up and printed, then framed.

I’m not joking when I say if I saw that in the Lane shop I’d want to buy it.

I’ve got a photo on my phone from Utd v Forest in March 2018. It‘s taken during a snowstorm and I think it would make an absolutely great framed print. Anybody help with how I’d go about it, ie get it blown up and printed, then framed.

I’m not joking when I say if I saw that in the Lane shop I’d want to buy it.
You go into Boots and use one of their terminals to print it off from your phone.

You then buy one of their frames.

You go into Boots and use one of their terminals to print it off from your phone.

You then buy one of their frames.
Cheers, any idea what’s the biggest it’ll do?

I‘ve got a framed print of Utd v Bradford City from a few years ago which I bought from the Lane shop. I’m guessing a few on here might have the same one and I’d like one the same size.

I ‘m away at the moment but I think it’s about 30 inches long.

Cheers, any idea what’s the biggest it’ll do?

I‘ve got a framed print of Utd v Bradford City from a few years ago which I bought from the Lane shop. I’m guessing a few on here might have the same one and I’d like one the same size.

I ‘m away at the moment but I think it’s about 30 inches long.
Probably only 10x8, but you'd need a very good quality photo for larger than that.

Back
Top Bottom