Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was a Junior Sunday club. Young Owls, Handsworth, Greenhill, Handley Wood (later Staveley WMC) and Junior Blades were the strongest teams in my son's age level. The Junior Blades team was managed by a Wendy season ticket holder (Carlos Shires) and the Young Owls team was managed by a Blade season ticket holder (Craig Wilson)
Cheers mate.
Like I say I played against Junior Blades in the Sunday League but the age group below Whitehouse, Ward etc.

That just seem like a very large squad for Junior football. The teams I played for generally had squads of 14-15 lads

Good pal of mine knowlesy, I went to Norfolk comp with him,still see him a few weekends down at skegvegas,i played for same junior blades team as him and mitch ward under 13 &14s..before we moved from sheffield,brilliant footballer knowsley..
Played Sunday morning footy with Darren's brother Matt. Daz was the assistant manager and trained with us.

Calvert’s debut at West Ham
Me and my Norwich mate were planning to go to the match that day (we were 13 at the time) travelling by train from our boarding school near Newbury. We lied saying in the Exeat form that we were going to be in Newbury all day. When we checked for the times of trains leaving Paddington for Newbury after the match we realised that we would have to leave Upton Park at half time for us to be back at school before bed time. Instead we went to Arsenal v Everton

Came across this yesterday - someone has made this seat from the original iron work from I believe the old John Street (a guess)?

Any oldies know where these used to be exactly in the ground and when?

The person who now has it reckons it was a big construction company who did some work.

Thoughts?

UTB

20211111_101910.jpg

Came across this yesterday - someone has made this seat from the original iron work from I believe the old John Street (a guess)?

Any oldies know where these used to be exactly in the ground and when?

The person who now has it reckons it was a big construction company who did some work.

Thoughts?

UTB

View attachment 124623
Bit less of the oldies FB, but I seem to remember during the football season they were stacked in the area to the right of the Pavilion (railway hotel end). From memory they were quite long with cast iron legs, can't remember how many they seated though but there was no elf and safety so who cared, As the cricket season started the club would ask for volunteers to get them out, payment was beer in the Railway.

Back
Top Bottom