Brewster for England

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Turn game on to watch Brewster for the 2nd half. Missed a sitter and then sent off (very unfairly). Back to the Wales game I gi

AAAAAAND he's been sent off. Second yellow for an elbow themst never was. Ridiculously harsh, this kid can't catch a break.

Booked first half and did nothing, second half missed 2 sitters and just about to be subbed when he supposedly elbowed his marker and is sent off. FFS this lad is cursed and useless.

wow Brewster really cant catch a break another confidence knock for him there, I'm assuming its his first red of his professional career

chris-paul-laugh.gif

I sort of watched it, he took his penalty well and did okay when he got the ball..

But…

For a striker / forward his off the ball movement and anticipation is terrible, people say it will come.... Will it? He’s surely played enough and watched enough now to know where a forward should be in relation to where the ball is in an attack?
What??? Like. . What will come?
In over a year I don't see any signs that he has ability in any aspect of football.
No pace, no ball control, he can't beat a man, can't pass, can't cross, can't head, doesn't hold the ball up, never makes a run beyond the last man, never had a one on one with a keeper, needs "coaching" how to get on the end of a cross & more
(Really??? A £24 million forward), has a pissy tippy tap penalty taking style that misses.

WHAT JUST WHAT WILL HE COME GOOD AT!!!

In over a year I don't see any signs that he has ability in any aspect of football.
No pace, no ball control, he can't beat a man, can't pass, can't cross, can't head, doesn't hold the ball up, never makes a run beyond the last man, never had a one on one with a keeper, needs "coaching" how to get on the end of a cross & more
(Really??? A £24 million forward), has a pissy tippy tap penalty taking style that misses.

I think you have replied to the wrong post 😂

It's about time we all admitted we were proper shafted with this one.

If we can get any money back for him it will be a blessing.

Yeah. But apart from that 😁

Obviously I desperately want to be wrong and I'll support him regardless while ever he's trying, but I am getting seriously concerned that we've bought a player for £24m that will never score a league goal for us.

He just doesn't have any confidence and I don't know where it's going to come from, I always think the internationals are a chance for players to go away and do well and bring it back with them, like Egan and Hourihane Vs Hull, but Brewster acquiring any kind of confidence is like trying to get a pint of finest Jersey milk out of a Big Mac.

If he doesn't we have the choice of trying to sell him as a striker who can't score, extend his contract and give him more money for not scoring, or have him leave on a free having cost us £24m for no footballing or financial return.

Hopefully my long record of the universe immediately making my internet predictions looking absolutely stupid will continue and he'll get a hattrick at the weekend.

Starting to feel he is cursed! Sending him off is an absolutely ridiculous decision by the ref :confused:

View attachment 122657

Looks really harsh, he raises his arm but can't really see if there is any connection, the Andorra player was down for about 3 minutes holding his face which is just pure cheating

Brewster was going to be subbed off regardless after missing a couple of sitters, so the sending off just capped another woeful performance

Noticed that Scotland seem to have picked up now mcburnie is out of the side too, Che Adams playing well, cost Southampton around £13m just the £10m less than brewster 😳

I'm surprised there isn't a thread simply entitled "how to solve a problem like Rhian?" It is a real conundrum.

The fee is the big issue. It was totally unjustifiable based on the sample size of his games being so small. Maupay went for less.

He came with the expectation of becoming the main man and that trajectory is simply way off. He's played in high profile friendlies and cup matches for Liverpool and this has someone given an unjustifiable sheen to him. He's had a Lundstram length purple patch with Swansea and that is largely it. Unless he turns into a top 6 club player, that signing will haunt Wilder's career for it's remainder.

This is an example of the recruitment being so narrowly based and just making the way down the list where somewhere on the list and for the money there should be a line that just said 'go with what we have'. Who knows he may have decided to use the guy that actually scored all the goals to get us up!

He's only 21 and isn't 22 until April. We have him on contract until Summer 2025 so at least we have time.

To me you have to get him playing regularly and scoring regularly and be prepared to write off the next 18 months in developing him with a view to either cashing in on him with 2 years still to run or having a significant final 2 years.

I still don't see how he can be considered to be ahead of Jebbison based on how last season went.

Perhaps it's merely that Jebbo was happy to take a loan because he wanted regular 90 minutes.

As difficult a pill it is to swallow, going to Sunderland on loan or back to Swansea in familiar surroundings or Forest on loan under Cooper might get him back on track.

At the time we signed him I thought it was a big ask. I actually thought after singing him, swapping a loan of him for a loan of Deeney might not have been the worst.

Either way, he isn't getting the minutes here to develop. Billy has done well as scorer and provider. Up top on his own, McBurnie is going to rotate with Billy. And Mousset coming back got the nod for the first game so he has a chance to push Billy when fit. He's arguably the most unplayable when on song.

So he has the 3 to go at. MGW is a shoo in. Berge will play further forward, Osborn has done very well on the left in a more advanced role and N'Diaye has shown promise. You're still looking at McGoldrick pushing in there too. So for me it's a rotational 3 from 5. That's before you get to experienced campaigners like Freeman and Burke who could do a job at a push.

For me we have to go backwards to go forwards on this one else he's just going to be a flop and with no opportunity to reverse that thinking.

He's just the odd man out for now. He stays with us this season and it's bad for all parties. He needs to get out and play, even of that is stepping to league one. We have to regard him as what he is - an England U21 player in need of games at a big club where opportunity is limited. 23m or not, that's just where we are at for now.
Absolutely spot on.

Loan is needed, as much as that will attract initial flack given his original fee, but the club should be willing to suck that up.

It's also all swayed by context. £23m is a lot for Sheffield United. We never spend such sums and for that would expect the main man, finished article, regular goal scorer.

However, at the time we were a second season PL club, trying to establish ourselves. £23m, begrudgingly, buys you potential at that level - it doesn't guarantee you the finished article necessarily. We spent high to get a deal for a bright young thing over the line, then he was held to standards and expectations of a player in their prime.

He needs game time, and more realistic expectations.

I can't see where a loan out is going to get him scoring let's face it everything is pointing to the fact we have bought a dud. Tell you what if he wasn't at Liverpool he would be nowhere near the England U21's now he is with us they will soon be dropping him. Strikers have dry spells but this lad don't ever look like scoring, he makes all the wrong runs never gets in space, nothing. This isn't just an unlucky spell we have had a full season where he has been crap to average. Klopp must still be pissing himself laughing that he found a mug willing to pay £23m for his errrrr services.

Looks really harsh, he raises his arm but can't really see if there is any connection, the Andorra player was down for about 3 minutes holding his face which is just pure cheating

Brewster was going to be subbed off regardless after missing a couple of sitters, so the sending off just capped another woeful performance

Noticed that Scotland seem to have picked up now mcburnie is out of the side too, Che Adams playing well, cost Southampton around £13m just the £10m less than brewster 😳
In a better side i think che Adams didn't score for over a year with them too.

I do wonder how different things may have been if we'd used Brewster's fee to buy, say, Cooper from Millwall to plug the massive fucking hole on the left side of defence and get a decent midfielder, either on loan or permanent, to give some competition to the two traffic cones we had no choice but to play.

Never a second yellow but still missing good opportunities.

I've continually said the kid has to be much better than what we've seen but there is a finite amount of time before you have to accept that you've been sold a pup.

I can't see where a loan out is going to get him scoring let's face it everything is pointing to the fact we have bought a dud. Tell you what if he wasn't at Liverpool he would be nowhere near the England U21's now he is with us they will soon be dropping him. Strikers have dry spells but this lad don't ever look like scoring, he makes all the wrong runs never gets in space, nothing. This isn't just an unlucky spell we have had a full season where he has been crap to average. Klopp must still be pissing himself laughing that he found a mug willing to pay £23m for his errrrr services.
A loan out to a League 1 side might take some of the pressure off on the pitch and start him scoring. Plus they seem to have tried everything else and it hasn't worked so may as well loan out! 🤔

A loan out to a League 1 side might take some of the pressure off on the pitch and start him scoring. Plus they seem to have tried everything else and it hasn't worked so may as well loan out! 🤔
Loan out ,no chance.Too risky , would confirm that Management don’t know what their doing.

Back
Top Bottom