Brewster for England

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If only we could play kosovo under 21s every week 😔

Only watched the second half ,he made three runs when a better ball would have given him 2 more goals .nowt wrong with his display tonight
Since we’ve been back in the grounds it’s easier to actually see he’s off the ball work and there have been many times where he does just this sort of thing and the ball doesn’t come. He then stops making the runs, which is sensible if the ball is going to be played sideward, or back and we only look to get the ball into the box or dangerous areas from wide positions as we did last year. We need to change our attacking approach to get the most out of him and McBurnie and play earlier balls between the lines and look for runners.

Serious question but who are our attacking coaches. Both Wilder and knill were defensive players in their hay day. We could really do with someone like Ferguson to work with our forwards.
It’s a good question. Many on here can see what he is not doing but it doesn’t appear to get addressed in training. Really hoping that the new midfield will start creating some chances. We also need some stability in the formation and the players playing in it, so that they can better understand each other and the runs they make. Everything is chop and change at the moment

seen alot about him not getting involved in the game as much but this is something i see with vardy. I’m not comparing them but with vardy, he’ll often do nothing for 80 minutes but then gets a chance and scores. I know some smart arses will say he doesn’t do that either and they’d be right but lets just see if his game changes with the new additions. That midfield is now much more athletic and sharp then before. Much better on the ball, especially when pressed and MGW and ndiaye bring creativity. Lets just see what he’s like with a decent midfield and if he’s still not performing then fair enough

Last edited:
He doesn't make the runs because our midfield don't show any intention of playing the ball forwards and nobody knows what the fuck Didsy is going to do. He should be told when the midfield has the ball here you run here and they need telling to play it there OK it won't always come off but otherwise we might as well play a traffic cone

You would think that after time with Salah and co he would have some idea what to do,maybe he is listening to his best buddy Chunkz too much 🤣

Who’s to say he’s training that way, Slav looks like he’s training him to play out wide.
maybe wrong but that’s what it looks like even more so that we didn’t get any wingers in, totally different positioning

According to Football Manager his best position is inside left forward

A thoroughly enjoyable day/night out at the game in Milton Keynes. Long Blog due to lots of #FACTS. Brewster debrief. Other players that caught my eye. Some lovely beers. A bit in praise of Milton Keynes. And then Paul & Mick for balance. My Blog....

and if you're up for it, my Blog from the full International v Andorra on Sunday

A thoroughly enjoyable day/night out at the game in Milton Keynes. Long Blog due to lots of #FACTS. Brewster debrief. Other players that caught my eye. Some lovely beers. A bit in praise of Milton Keynes. And then Paul & Mick for balance. My Blog....

and if you're up for it, my Blog from the full International v Andorra on Sunday

Enjoyed that Phillip - Thanks.

He makes lots of runs and doesn't get picked out ,same as mousset .hopefully that will change now

Billy Sharp looked the part - from the start. He needs Billy's head on his shoulders, then we might have a real striker to admire.

seen alot about him not getting involved in the game as much but this is something i see with vardy. I’m not comparing them but with vardy, he’ll often do nothing for 80 minutes but then gets a chance and scores. I know some smart arses will say he doesn’t do that either and they’d be right but lets just see if his game changes with the new additions. That midfield is now much more athletic and sharp then before. Much better on the ball, especially when pressed and MGW and ndiaye bring creativity. Lets just see what he’s like with a decent midfield and if he’s still not performing then fair enough
You just compared him to vardy. 🤭

He's scored a penalty against kosovo under 21s so naturally he's exactly like vardy.

The small differences being he has no pace, the movement and footballing brain of a slug and zero work rate.

Other than that they are very similar

I suppose on reflection, the biggest difference between Brewster and Vardy is that Vardy plays in front of a midfield that can tackle, recognise their own players, and pass a ball accurately more than 5 yards in a forward direction ;)

UTB & FTP

There is a clear difference between Vardy The Rat and Brewster

When Vardy was 18 he was feyting in the Shakey down hillsborough and getting football banning orders

Our Rhian was single handedly winning the World cup scoring 8 goals in the process for his country

Id Take Rhian all day long that that Rat

There is a clear difference between Vardy The Rat and Brewster

When Vardy was 18 he was feyting in the Shakey down hillsborough and getting football banning orders

Our Rhian was single handedly winning the World cup scoring 8 goals in the process for his country

Id Take Rhian all day long that that Rat
Really? Vardy would get about 40 goals in the Championship brewster probably won't get 4

I suppose on reflection, the biggest difference between Brewster and Vardy is that Vardy plays in front of a midfield that can tackle, recognise their own players, and pass a ball accurately more than 5 yards in a forward direction ;)

UTB & FTP
I'd say the main difference is that brewster is shit whereas vardy isn't 😉

Lets he truthful here...he waits for the ball to come to him....his positioning in the box is not good...hes lazy. he does not go looking for the ball...If he can change his current positional and general play maybe there is a footballer in there but I'm still waiting...maybe just maybe our new players can provide the bullets...but I am not that confident..hope I am wrong

Lets he truthful here...he waits for the ball to come to him....his positioning in the box is not good...hes lazy. he does not go looking for the ball...If he can change his current positional and general play maybe there is a footballer in there but I'm still waiting...maybe just maybe our new players can provide the bullets...but I am not that confident..hope I am wrong

However I’m not sure that’s on him or the tactics of playing as a billy sharp type of striker

He is more than just that he looks best when he gets on the ball dropping deep he just doesn’t do that so looks poor because he never touches the ball

Not at 21 he didn’t. Vardy didn’t kick a ball in the Championship until he 25 at which point he got the 4 you mentioned over an entire season.
Vardy wasn't a £25 million pound £40k a week player at 21 tho.... Let's be honest he's the worst pound for pound signing in the clubs history, a complete disaster

Despite all other well-enumerated problems and defeciences, snatches at shots too.

Not a finisher even if teed up

Vardy wasn't a £25 million pound £40k a week player at 21
Totally irrelevant to the point being discussed.
Fallow was comparing them at Brewsters age and you jumped in about Vardy getting 40 goals in the championship.
He didn’t, and wasn’t even close to being a championship player at 21. He played in this league at 25 and scored 4 goals.
Those are the facts .

Reactions: Gee
Brewster also didn’t have a choice on what was paid for him, that was down to the two clubs agreeing a fee and Wilder pushing the fee up with his stupid interviews and the blades busting the bank to bring him in. It was half what we paid for him before wilder started pushing the price up, 12 then 15 then 20 then 23, Wilder with his we only have one target shit so Liverpool milked it…
Like Brewster has always said he just wanted to play and the fees had nothing to do with him….

To a point the fee is irrelevant, but the inflated fee does put some pressure on him to deliver, which up to now he hasn't. This, like much of the shit we've been in for a long time, is mainly the responsibility of Wilder v.2.
However, from what I've seen (which isn't a lot, because when he's played he's been largely invisible), he wouldn't have been great value for money at £2.3 million, let alone £23 million.
Like many people, I hope things get better for him, but mainly for the club. But if in 6 months Slav is playing a different system, we're doing tolerably well (my expectations currently are quite low!), and he still looks the same, it really will have been a huge amount of money utterly wasted by the bloke who some on here still think is some sort of hero.

Back
Top Bottom