Colours & colour blindness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Saw this and my first cynical thought was it’s actually due to the advertising boards. The new ones which show different brands in different territories

Hmm, maybe, it's not green screen because in the stadium the adboards show adverts, it's just pasted over the top so there's no keying, but maybe there is something in that system that makes it lose tracking when trying to distinguish between a pitch and a player in green.

Might make the AR thing go "hang on, if the pitch is there, I must be pointing at the ground" and throw errors.

Hmm, maybe, it's not green screen because in the stadium the adboards show adverts, it's just pasted over the top so there's no keying, but maybe there is something in that system that makes it lose tracking when trying to distinguish between a pitch and a player in green.

Might make the AR thing go "hang on, if the pitch is there, I must be pointing at the ground" and throw errors.

Could be, who we puttin g money on to be the first team to do the same with shirt sponsors somehow?

Here is the same for our remaining home matches.
Remarkable really that both Chelsea and Liverpool played in the shirts that shouldn't have been allowed.

In fairness, Liverpool's wasn't too bad, albeit black would've been better.

1626767865809.png

Chelsea's however 😲. Who signed that off?

1626767983181.png

Great news. Sounds daft tbh, but its a pain when you cant see the team/ have to judge it by their socks 😂. Really common, though in different strengths and colours.

Colour vision deficiency is a new one though. Always thought i was colourblind, every days a school day

West Brom QPR tonight. 22 players in blue and white. I’m all for away teams playing in their proper colours but it looks very strange and it’s hard to tell them apart.

Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but is it difficult to distinguish between hoops and vertical stripes with the colours?

Forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but is it difficult to distinguish between hoops and vertical stripes with the colours?
Sometimes, depends on the colours and the merge of colours - like for a corner when all players are mixed in together.

There was an interesting interview as part of this week’s Price of Football podcast, with someone from a colour blind awareness group, focused a lot on football kit clashes. Have a listen.

Anybody see WBA v QPR last night? That wasn't even colourblind stuff, that was just a kit clash.

View attachment 121719
That’s a bizarre one. Teams nowadays will wear their away strip even when their normal strip doesn’t clash with the opponents. Derby, for example, changed to their away kit on Saturday when their home one would have been fine. They wore their home kit last time we played them at the Lane, if memory serves me correctly. Why QPR didn’t wear their away kit is a mystery, I would have thought that the referee would have had something to say about it.

Boro game…. I am struggling badly with the plain dark red v plain black.

Obviously the home kit isn’t an option - but don’t we have a 3rd kit?

Norwood (I think - someone anyway) passed to Slav instead of Baldock ten yards further up the wing at one point!

Boro game…. I am struggling badly with the plain dark red v plain black.

Obviously the home kit isn’t an option - but don’t we have a 3rd kit?
Weird how were affected differently, the colours weren’t a problem for me.

a white or yellow third kit would work

Back
Top Bottom