Colours & colour blindness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ian Botham is colour blind, he can’t distinguish between green and orange, he only found out when he was playing a football match for Scunthorpe reserves on a snowy pitch with an orange ball and as the snow melted he noticed he couldn’t see the ball Anymore

This is what I am going to send the club regarding away kit choices for the remainder of the season...

It seems like the issue could be mostly solved by just polling a few fans with pics like this at the start of the season and asking what works for them. Might not be perfect if some games don't have a good solution, but it would also take close to zero effort.

It seems like the issue could be mostly solved by just polling a few fans with pics like this at the start of the season and asking what works for them. Might not be perfect if some games don't have a good solution, but it would also take close to zero effort.
This is exactly my point to them - I could send them the above at the start of each season - problem solved!

The club can’t say they weren’t told. I am having an email conversation with them about kit colours/clashes. I sent them the two charts above and they said they were useful and would help inform them do the meeting with Colour Blind Awareness later this week.

Some of the United players must be affected not picking Mount up for their goal...

I'm not colour blind and I thought the Chelsea kit choice tonight was absurd given their home kit is blue. How on earth did anyone come to the conclusion that a slightly non-white pale blue is a better option than their usual royal blue against a team wearing a predominantly white shirt?

Im mot colour blind and I found it difficult today on the wife angle views. Not so bad closer up. So easy yo get right but they dont!!

This is what I am going to send the club regarding away kit choices for the remainder of the season...
They have had this for two weeks now and they had a meeting with Colour Blind Awareness last week. I also got an email today off the back of an ongoing discussion saying that the club are “gathering information around kit selection”.

I bet we still don’t play in red & white tonight at West Ham though.

Attachments

• 89C94D32-FB79-4743-BAB4-ADEA5E7E9E9C.jpeg
    89C94D32-FB79-4743-BAB4-ADEA5E7E9E9C.jpeg
    877.5 KB · Views: 35
They have had this for two weeks now and they had a meeting with Colour Blind Awareness last week. I also got an email today off the back of an ongoing discussion saying that the club are “gathering information around kit selection”.

I bet we still don’t play in red & white tonight at West Ham though.
I'd actually be fine with the Home or pink today

I've just discovered that Windows 10 has a colour blindness mode. I did a test that with those dots and numbers and got 5 out of 36! Will try it again tomorrow with colour blind mode on and see if I am any better! Apparently for about £200 you can buy glasses for it. Is it worth it to find out what I have been missing all these years? Can I finally join the green arrows?

I've just discovered that Windows 10 has a colour blindness mode. I did a test that with those dots and numbers and got 5 out of 36! Will try it again tomorrow with colour blind mode on and see if I am any better! Apparently for about £200 you can buy glasses for it. Is it worth it to find out what I have been missing all these years? Can I finally join the green arrows?

The glasses are almost certainly a con marketed well by the “incredible” videos that have been posted of people trying them on and bursting into tears when looking at a tree, etc.

I looked into them a while back and asked the manufacturers a load of questions and it seemed like I’d get a pair of crap glasses that didn’t work... and no right to a refund when they didn’t.

Sorry!

The glasses are almost certainly a con marketed well by the “incredible” videos that have been posted of people trying them on and bursting into tears when looking at a tree, etc.

I looked into them a while back and asked the manufacturers a load of questions and it seemed like I’d get a pair of crap glasses that didn’t work... and no right to a refund when they didn’t.

Sorry!
Ive gone all these years getting green barks mixed up with brown leaves and watching Timo Werner have a cracking game for us against Chelsea at the Lane a few weeks ago so I can wait a bit longer.

Saw this and my first cynical thought was it’s actually due to the advertising boards. The new ones which show different brands in different territories

Back
Top Bottom