Outgoing? Brewster and Burke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Jebbison is good enough for first team Championship football at 18, he's not playing for Sheffield United, or not staying here for long. Development is a long game.

I'd love a home grown centre forward leading the line, and it could be Jebbison - but realistically it's not going to be this season.
Don’t disagree as to if he is ready now. It’s more a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water I’m concerned with.

As for Brewster there’s a goal scorer in there if we can get his head up (don’t think he was impressed with coming here int first place and has a dog turd under his nose ever since). Think problem is like Sharps second spell with us he’s out wide far to often not just behind the striker / strikers

The trouble with trying to get rid of all these players who is going to replace them and in 10 days

Brewster dosnt stand a chance how we play, one minute he’s a left winger, then a left back, played out of position etc. Yesterday he played up front and still had to come deep just to get involved, how the fuck can he possibly score with no service?
we run into the channels every game and wilderball it into the box, usually over everyone’s heads or straight to the keeper, that’s not Brewsters game, he runs onto through balls that we don’t play!!!. Swansea = throughballs scores, England =throughballs scores, blades no throughballs or service doesn’t score, it’s not rocket science.
play RND on the wing, play. Bogle other wing, drop fleck and Norwood, bring in a Buendia type player, Amad Diall? And he will bang em in as he would get service, carry on with the Wilderball and run to the corner flags and put shit crosses in and he’s fucked!!!.
Hope Slav gets backed so he can change it and give the front 2 a fighting chance.
…..UTB…..

Why does the Sun headline say 'Crystal Clear' then not mention Crystal Palace?

Even if we get even shitter, Jokanovic will get some credit for being ruthless and look like he's trying to have a tidy up.

Have I missed something; has someone made a bid for Burke and that is why he is out of the squad?

Brewster does try to make runs. Usually for the first 30 mins, he is on the shoulder looking to make bursting runs through. No one tries to pick him out. Not one fucking player. No one tries a through ball down the middle or even one over the top. They just look to go wide and come back every single time.

And then after a while all the strikers stop making runs because the ball never ever comes so they all give up

Brewster does try to make runs. Usually for the first 30 mins, he is on the shoulder looking to make bursting runs through. No one tries to pick him out. Not one fucking player. No one tries a through ball down the middle or even one over the top. They just look to go wide and come back every single time.

And then after a while all the strikers stop making runs because the ball never ever comes so they all give up
the ball never comes because we havent got a midfield yes weve a problem with our strikers but not half as much as our non exsistent midfield 3 new players needed in there

Burke already is a L2 player.

Just that CW in another of his transfer coma’s thought it good business to sign him when we were in the Prem

Morrison, Robinson (bought 2, kept the shit1) Brewster, Burke, Lowe, Bogle, Roswell, Mousse, McB

Over £70m spend there, CW was a great man manager, but useless at transfers - ironic that he left after a fallout about a DoF, which surely upon reflection he can’t argue with

However ‘tis what it is…..

Honest valuation of our strikers allegedly up for sale

Burke -£1.5m
Brewster - £7m
McB - £5m
McG - £1m
Sharp - £250k
Mousse - £3m

Collectively Less than Mousse cost

So much for ‘R Chrissy not wanting to gamble the future of the club with expensive transfers and big contracts eh?
Chris was a fool wasting so much on transfer fees. We didn't even get a decent free in the two years we were in there.

He should have been telling the club to put as much money as needed into the training facilities and upgrading the Academy to create a lasting legacy.

Instead it felt like it was more about Chris' stock that the long term prospects for the club.

What's the legacy? A bigger wage bill, players whose value is lower than what we paid and the same training and academy set up.

If we're playing 4-3-3 then he needs a fraction of the strikers. Sharp, McBurnie, McGoldrick and one more perhaps if he wants to go to a 2. That means 4 can go with no impact as long as they are replaced by wingers.

Our strikers spend too much time dropping deep with their backs to goal, or running out wide.

McBurnie and Brewster weren't doing that when I saw them looking more impressive for Barnsley and Swansea.

Our strikers spend too much time dropping deep with their backs to goal, or running out wide.

McBurnie and Brewster weren't doing that when I saw them looking more impressive for Barnsley and Swansea.
Both are unrecognisable from those players. And it’s not just the midfield.

I just saw The Sun and assumed it was click bait bollocks.

I hope we don’t sell RB, as he’s one for the future currently feeding off scraps. McB, Burke and Moose more experienced and no better IMO, and shape McG are on their way out.

Id personally loan mousset out to france. It might do him the world of good

Glad it’s not only me who’s seeing it. Times this by 15 months of it then there’s no wonder he doesn’t make the runs and looks to have it played into his feet as he’s the most comfortable player (maybe with Berge) we’ve got at receiving the ball under pressure.
In a similar vein on a couple of occasions yesterday we did actually start putting earlier crosses in. They were generally over hit but again McBurnie and Brewster made runs in for a short period after this until we brought Billy on and all the pressure we’d been building dissipated.

I think at the age brewster signed, the last thing he needed was to sign for a shit side with no creativity
Very easy to say that now. At the time of him signing we were playing total wilderball which paid off. The lack of a mix up in tactics and approach turned this team into shit. Losing habit now.

Very easy to say that now. At the time of him signing we were playing total wilderball which paid off. The lack of a mix up in tactics and approach turned this team into shit. Losing habit now.
We didn’t create much even then. Lots of 1-0 wins.

Irrespective, we still looked to stamp our authority on the game (up until lockdown)
I could see why he picked us and tbh on paper it looked like we made some shrewd additions. Bogle was very highly rated and got him for a bargain, ampadu (chelsea love to hype their youngsters), rammers looked a solid addition, burke seemed like another one that wilder could polish up and Brewster had done very well in the championship. Plus berge had had half a season to bed in and now kick on.

Glad it’s not only me who’s seeing it. Times this by 15 months of it then there’s no wonder he doesn’t make the runs and looks to have it played into his feet as he’s the most comfortable player (maybe with Berge) we’ve got at receiving the ball under pressure.
Totally agree. We need a midfielder whose first thought is whether there is a pass on direct to a forward in front of goal. Not fucking sideways or backwards. We need to trust the strikers to pass to feet in or around the box

Absolutely.
He's only recently started to drop hints and names on Twitter.
I'm not sure who he knows at the club. He seems legit, mainly because of how professional he comes across (and that he's not an anonymous forum poster) but who knows?

I've followed him on Twatter for ages and he's usually not far off the mark with his info. I get the impression he knows some agents, possibly through his accounting practise maybe.

Also been a guest in the Prince's private box at The Lane before the court case was finalised.

So looks like ideal formation 4-5-1 with any offers on any strikers to be considered as 8 into 1 doesn't go

It'll be 4231 or 433, possibly 343 once Slav has made his mark on the squad.

All only really require 1 striker so we are well, well overstocked in that department.

Last edited:

It'll be 4231 or 433 once Slav has made his mark on the squad.

Either only really require 1 striker so we are well, well overstocked in that department.
Billy and didz both out of contract next summer anyway right? To me it’d be shrewd business trying to get money for didzy

Back
Top Bottom