Outgoing? Brewster and Burke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm still scratching my head why jebbisons not starting
Without the rose tinted spectacles on he's very raw, untested and probably unready for first team championship football. Realistically is about 7th choice striker.

Don't get me wrong think hes a very exciting prospect and hope he makes it/does well and ends up in our first team, but to pin hopes on him as the solution to our issues is folly.

As poor as our strikers have been, Jebbison will be behind them for good reason. The backroom staff at the lane will have a very good idea of his ability, strengths and weaknesses.

Probability shows there's more chance of him playing in the conference in a couple of years, rather than the championship or above. Unfortunately the same is true for all of this crop of youth.

Slater and Smith are top of the pile of youngsters and botth deemed not good enough for first team action

Thanks. From reading the captions, he is a Blade fan who is a financial expert but how he is an ITK about who we are trying to sign and which of our players might be leaving us?
Absolutely.
He's only recently started to drop hints and names on Twitter.
I'm not sure who he knows at the club. He seems legit, mainly because of how professional he comes across (and that he's not an anonymous forum poster) but who knows?

Selling Brewster a young prospect that can still come good is laughable. We’ve paid a crazy figure so back the lad for a year or two.

Fleck, Norwood, Robinson, McGoldrick are the dead wood
Not to be that guy.. but he looks wank, his positional play is awful and he's one of the worse strikers I've ever seen at the lane. He's also the most expensive striker we've ever bought. Quality money, for shite player.

he's very raw, untested and probably unready for first team championship football. Realistically is about 7th choice striker.
That was the view about DCL who at £1m went straight into Everton’s team and never looked back.

As for Brewster Klopps team will have assessed and looked for a idiot with a cow and passed on his magic beans

Not to be that guy.. but he looks wank, his positional play is awful and he's one of the worse strikers I've ever seen at the lane. He's also the most expensive striker we've ever bought. Quality money, for shite player.
Yes he does look everything you’ve described him as. However he was the top scorer when England won U19s World Cup he knows how to score a goal.

He scored plenty for Swansea in a short period. We do not create anything, we’ve scored 1 goal in 4 games our build up play is pedestrian like & crosses are poor.

I don’t think Ronaldo would get many chances in this team.

What I’m saying is we’ve spent so much money on him, we need to persevere because if we don’t we’re accepting a huge loss within just a year.

That was the view about DCL who at £1m went straight into Everton’s team and never looked back.

As for Brewster Klopps team will have assessed and looked for a idiot with a cow and passed on his magic beans

It took DCL 3 months to make his Everton Debut and only played 11 times in all competitions that season - hardly straight into their first team.
For every DCL there’s a Jordan Slew.

Burke will be a League Two player in five years.

In ten, he'll be an eco-friendly Deliveroo driver. He won't use a moped; he'll just run around Sheffield dropping off your food.

Burke already is a L2 player.

Just that CW in another of his transfer coma’s thought it good business to sign him when we were in the Prem

Morrison, Robinson (bought 2, kept the shit1) Brewster, Burke, Lowe, Bogle, Roswell, Mousse, McB

Over £70m spend there, CW was a great man manager, but useless at transfers - ironic that he left after a fallout about a DoF, which surely upon reflection he can’t argue with

However ‘tis what it is…..

Honest valuation of our strikers allegedly up for sale

Burke -£1.5m
Brewster - £7m
McB - £5m
McG - £1m
Sharp - £250k
Mousse - £3m

Collectively Less than Mousse cost

So much for ‘R Chrissy not wanting to gamble the future of the club with expensive transfers and big contracts eh?

Yes he does look everything you’ve described him as. However he was the top scorer when England won U19s World Cup he knows how to score a goal.

He scored plenty for Swansea in a short period. We do not create anything, we’ve scored 1 goal in 4 games our build up play is pedestrian like & crosses are poor.

I don’t think Ronaldo would get many chances in this team.

What I’m saying is we’ve spent so much money on him, we need to persevere because if we don’t we’re accepting a huge loss within just a year.
But. And the main question to you is.. how long do we persevere? Bham, he was in a midfielders position. This is a striker. Hudds. He was ineffective, did absolutely nothing. We cannot afford to carry passengers in the hope they come good.

Was this not also the view of Jordan Slew?

I'm not writing off Jebbison and think DCL is a good comparison, got the potential to be hugely successful.

The point on DCL is very valid to what I am trying to say. At 18 years old DCL played league 2 for Northampton and had an unforgettable 1 in 4 record. He did get a lot of first team action at Everton, but wasn't great for the first few years - ask any Toffee! He got 1 goal in 11 in his first season. Its only really the last couple of years he's come into his own aged 23/24

If Jebbison is good enough for first team Championship football at 18, he's not playing for Sheffield United, or not staying here for long. Development is a long game.

I'd love a home grown centre forward leading the line, and it could be Jebbison - but realistically it's not going to be this season.

But. And the main question to you is.. how long do we persevere? Bham, he was in a midfielders position. This is a striker. Hudds. He was ineffective, did absolutely nothing. We cannot afford to carry passengers in the hope they come good.
I’m not saying we can, not saying he should even start at the moment. But we’d be lucky to get £5m right now, that’s £15m loss.

We’ve spent a ridiculous amount on him so we need to train him, work on him positionally, composure, strengthen him up. He can finish that’s a fact, all the players say he’s the best finisher they’ve seen in training.

Look how good C.Adams, DCL, Kane (according to Leicester & Orient fans) have all become after working on their games.

We can’t just give up because he cost way too much.

I’m not saying we can, not saying he should even start at the moment. But we’d be lucky to get £5m right now, that’s £15m loss.

We’ve spent a ridiculous amount on him so we need to train him, work on him positionally, composure, strengthen him up. He can finish that’s a fact, all the players say he’s the best finisher they’ve seen in training.

Look how good C.Adams, DCL, Kane (according to Leicester & Orient fans) have all become after working on their games.

We can’t just give up because he cost way too much.
I'd seriously send him out on loan. League one, find some kind of form. Bring him back in Jan if effective. He's heading towards league one anyway. Well and truly drybummed.

Stupid selling brewster now. His value would be stupidly low. Bring in some creativity, give him a run of games and if it isn’t working, sell in January

Burke not even on the benh today so not surprised if that's true. I'll stick my hand up and say I thought Burke would be a really good player this season/ Sadly, he's not excelled in early games, he's not alone there it has to be said, but he hasn't looked the part as a forward and hasn't caused enough problems this season playing as a wide forward.

Brewster is a weird one. If we can get him back to form playing for Swansea we'll have a decent player on our hands but he doesn't fit as a wide forward and up top, if playing with just one central forward and two wingers then something has to give from the strikers we currently have - one or two have to go surely, or they just won't feature.

The club will have to give away some of the players though or for vastly reduced fees.
Brewster’s problem is that he fails to move around up front to create any opportunity for a chance to be created.
He needs to learn from Billy and quickly

Brewster’s problem is that he fails to move around up front to create any opportunity for a chance to be created.
Brewster is much more direct from what ive seen from his runs. Wants an over the top ball. What doesn’t help him is being the height he is and baldock never wanting to whip it in early. He’s not going to beat defenders in the air so cross it low and early so he can get on the end off

The idiot with a cow became very rich ! Be patient

Which is something Jebbo really excels at. He was buzzing around the 6 yard box in our first few games more than the rest of our strikers combined.

It's a classic case of looking at a player and seeing Mmmmmm 11 goals in 20 games..........he'll do.

Without any thought whatsover of whether that player will fit in with our style of play or not.

Due diligence that Wilder never stopped waffling on about seemed to be non existent for many of our signings in his last 12 - 18 months

Back
Top Bottom