Match Thread Sheffield United v. Derby County - 24th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
DERB
DERB
DERB
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629631526121.png V. 1629631534367.png
Carabao Cup Round Two - Tuesday 24th August 2021 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Sheffield United vs Derby County

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Audio via SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Trying to remain positive but it's incredibly hard at the moment.

Derby are an utter basket case, yet can anyone see us beating them?

Looking forward to the inevitable Ravel masterclass and our forward line breaking like a wet fart on shores Jagielka and Steerman.

Wonder if we’ll see more of the same or the fringe players again.

I’d probably go the same formation but Freeman for Fleck. Maybe bogle for baldock, see if they can create more

but who know who’ll be drawn from the tombola for this one…

No changes to the midfield, a new strike partnership maybe. Goalie does it matter which one. Tactics slow, slow and slooooow. No running into spaces, no creating space from you defender (Sharp excuded, he does). No tough tackles in midfield. Same game plan with the hope it will start to gel, whatever the f that means. 0-0. And we will be lucky to concede none. Insanity may it reign.

Previous released players return to haunt us,oh what joy.

But on the otherside of the coin give Bogle and Lowe a run out and turn the tables on Derby.

View attachment 119444 V. View attachment 119445
Carabao Cup Round Two - Tuesday 24th August 2021 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Sheffield United vs Derby County

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Fourth Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Audio via SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/
Here you are dip yer bread.

Sheffield United FC (First Team) v Derby County FC (First Team)
EFL Cup
Referee: Backhouse, Anthony
Assistant Referee: Avent, David
Assistant Referee: Clayton, Simon
Fourth Official: Moore, Anthony

the U23s have a game the same night. With no sign of that being called off as yet.
Is it that simple to call off PDL games because of first team call-ups? And if so, how late?

I was surprised to see Derby 'rest' so many of their EFL starting XI against Salford, as I didn't think they had enough players. I notice their U23s are playing tomorrow.

Is it that simple to call off PDL games because of first team call-ups? And if so, how late?

I was surprised to see Derby 'rest' so many of their EFL starting XI against Salford, as I didn't think they had enough players. I notice their U23s are playing tomorrow.
PDL games are routinely rearranged by mutual consent of the two clubs concerned (in this case Swansea City). The slight complication is that the Tuesday U23 game is part of the North v South phase. So there is more traveling involved than in the regular North v North phase. Hence it will be slightly more difficult to rearrange.
And, of course, there is the regular PDL phenomenon of a game being cancelled, but no announcement being made, and fans struggling to find out.

I would LOVE to see anyone but Fleck and Norwood on set pieces for this game. That's all I really want. 5 assists between our main set piece takers in two years (4 of which were Fleck) is a huge indicator of a ridiculous problem

I would LOVE to see anyone but Fleck and Norwood on set pieces for this game. That's all I really want. 5 assists between our main set piece takers in two years (4 of which were Fleck) is a huge indicator of a ridiculous problem
Perhaps Brewster can take free kicks ?

Swapout the first 11 like we did against Carlisle and probably win them.

Assists aren't the only problem.

Over the past two seasons we've had the lowest scoring midfield in English football.

Assists aren't the only problem.

Over the past two seasons we've had the lowest scoring midfield in English football.
Fleck and Norwood look petrified to venture into the 18 yard box after making a pass. At least Lunny before he got his head turned and downed tools made runs from deep to get into the box.

Apropos of nothing other than starting team selection rumours. Forumers may care to note the U23s have a game the same night. With no sign of that being called off as yet.
I hope we still play the likes of brunt, lopata and gordon though. Playing an fa cup tie against the likes of derby would do much more for them then a u23 league game.

Since the turn of the century in this competition we’ve had 2 identical decades in this competition:

One semi final
9 appalling campaigns where we win zero or one game just about every time.

I fancy this will be an appalling campaign. We should not lose this tie, but we will find a way.

Tuesday's U23 game now called off as Swansea have Covid in the camp.

ticket sales not looking good on club site looking like about 7k bought tickets

I'm confident of a 3:0 win and some old hooker geting a surprise bonus.

Back
Top Bottom