Match Thread Sheffield United v. Derby County - 24th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
DERB
DERB
DERB
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629631526121.png V. 1629631534367.png
Carabao Cup Round Two - Tuesday 24th August 2021 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Sheffield United vs Derby County

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Audio via SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Awhin-Sahwin.jpg

HI-YAA!

Anyone been in contact with Ahwin Sahwin recently? I’ve heard Onmi Edson is still knocking around.

who wouldve thought football is such a simple game, if you take some of the chances you create & score goals. you win football games. it will never catch on :oops:

i wonder if we will see a gordon or lopata in team soon, as they seem to have impressed both times they have played. as great as billy sharp is & thats a massive understatement. we shouldnt be relying on a striker thats turning 36 in February to drag us out the mire twice in a week & almost be 1st choice. he should be 50/50 like vincent kompany was towards the end, being the great leader off the pitch, filling in when needed & then passing on the knowledge to likes of Brewster & Jebbinson

also we have boom or bust record at the league cup, looking at our record in the last 30 years we have only won league cup 3rd rd game 3 times of them 3 times we lost in 4th rd or made 2 semi finals

I understand from someone who was there , that the idea that it would be quite ok to let Furious George leave since we have a replacement as good if not better in Bogle , could be some way off the mark .

I understand from someone who was there , that the idea that it would be quite ok to let Furious George leave since we have a replacement as good if not better in Bogle , could be some way off the mark .
Bogle was indeed awful, by far the worst player on the pitch. Whether he was trying too hard against his former club or not I don’t know. Miscontrolled it, ran it out, couldn’t beat a man, never got tight, never got out of the full back position second half (was meant to be wingback) and never got a cross in. A pretty wretched performance.

They were the better side, to be fair.

First half, two mediocre sides cancelled each other out for the post part, playing seriously dull stuff. For half an hour in the second half, we could barely get the ball off em.

If it was a 2-1 game, it coulda, maybe shoulda, been 2-1 to them. We woulda had no legitimate complaints.

Back
Top Bottom