Match Thread Sheffield United v. Derby County - 24th August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
DERB
DERB
DERB
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629631526121.png V. 1629631534367.png
Carabao Cup Round Two - Tuesday 24th August 2021 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Sheffield United vs Derby County

Officials:

Referee:
TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Audio via SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

It's a good chance tonight to get some confidence without the league pressure and pick up a win to kick-start the season. My 2-1 prediction in the last game was sadly only true for the reverse result after that last second sucker-punch.

Given Derby's lack of depth after their tumultuous summer I think the Blades will have too much on the night. 2-0 and a confidence booster ahead of an important game at Luton on the weekend.

Weather-wise we're looking at a pretty featureless evening with the low cloud that's currently plaguing many inland areas likely to still be around come kick-off time. Great playing conditions though with light winds and mild temperatures.

match forecasts (3).png

The last time we played Derby at Bramall Lane it kick-started our season.

Hoping for the same tonight.

ticket sales not looking good on club site looking like about 7k bought tickets
Unsurprising given how difficult it is to buy more than one ticket. I had to go down and queue at the ticket office yesterday after failing in the task of registering three new accounts to buy tickets for people who don't normally go. Tried to phone but the queue was too long (15th, with no movement in 5 mins).

Unsurprising given how difficult it is to buy more than one ticket. I had to go down and queue at the ticket office yesterday after failing in the task of registering three new accounts to buy tickets for people who don't normally go. Tried to phone but the queue was too long (15th, with no movement in 5 mins).

It is quite astonishing how difficult some businesses make it for you to give them your money isn't it?

Really hope zak brunt plays tonight. If you’ve followed his journey you’ll know he’ll especially have a chip on his shoulder against derby. Nearly ruined any chance of a career

Sufc ticket office and it's safety officer led procedures are stuck in the 80s ,never understood making it difficult for new fans to attend .

What do we think tonight's line up will be??

We'll lose, we have the stench of death and a losing mentality - we're currently a bunch of losers.

Stick that on the fucking dressing room wall in the hope that it inspires them.

Going tonight, but really starting to wonder why I'm bothering. Predicting:
United - 0 (No real surprise there)
Derby - 2
Everyone pretends it doesn't matter cos' "it's only the tinpot cup", and Norwood, Fleck, McBurnie, Stevens (injured, I know), Burke, etc. all breathe a sigh of relief as it means they won't have to prepare for yet another game of walking football as they continue to steal a great fucking living from the club for their pathetic, spineless contributions over the last couple of years.
Then onto more after-match head scratching as we wave the white flag at Luton on Saturday, no doubt.
I can take defeat. I've lived through some shite seasons, just like everyone else. But these twats are really getting to me at the moment.
utb

We'll lose, we have the stench of death and a losing mentality - we're currently a bunch of losers.

'All Players will be flogged unless morale improves'?

Cant be arsed tonight after the fiasco at the Carlisle game ,didn't get in until 25 mins after ko

Make a great My Dying Bride song too!

Mobile ticket, just bought one received an email which includes one of those bar code / scanner things.

Presumably you waive this in front of the scanner at the turnstile & hope?!

Old fashioned me. Tickets to que up for and collect. Hope the bar code thing works for you. Will try it eventually once its known to work ok.

Sense the team tonight may be closer to both last and next weekends' starting elevens than we're expecting.

Slav may well attempt to use the League Cup as a kick-start in a similar way to how Wilder tried to use the FA Cup as a forlorn resurgence effort last season!

Blades edge through tonight, but league form unlikely to improve any time soon.

Don't fancy us at Luton and unless it's six points from Peterborough and Preston, let the relegation battle and winter of discontent begin!

Mobile ticket, just bought one received an email which includes one of those bar code / scanner things.

Presumably you waive this in front of the scanner at the turnstile & hope?!
Not used one but saw in another thread you need to make sure the QR code fills your full phone screen and it should work. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom