Steve Cowans new book

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ha yeah!
Who wants to meet Chris Wilder, Harry Bassett, Derek French, Kevin Gage, Brian Deane, Tony Currie, Dane Whitehouse, Carl Bradshaw, Mitch Ward, Bob Booker, Curtis Woodhouse, Wayne Quinn, Paul Devlin, Jamie Hoyland, Simon Tracey, Glyn Hodges, John Gannon, Paul Beasley and Keith Edwards anyway??

Especially when Love Island is on.
I wouldn't like to meet any footballer, Blade or not. What do you say? "I enjoyed watching you play football, see ya later"

I wouldn't like to meet any footballer, Blade or not. What do you say? "I enjoyed watching you play football, see ya later"
I'm a bit of collector.
Football, films, Boxing.
I go to comic cons and other nerdy events to meet actors and sport men.

Its not for everyone I get that but I've met a lot of my hereos and its something I enjoy ticking off and picking up keepsakes from.

Has he ever said 'what I did with all that fighting was a bit bad actually' and made any effort to distance himself from that kind of shite?

If not then I'm baffled at why any self respecting pro or ex pro is willing to be seen dead there.

Two Leeds fans sat in a bar:

'Jimmy Savile was a right bad un'
'He wore a Leeds shirt on telly quite often though. His support of Leeds cancels out the horrible shit he did, so we can just ignore it.'
'Oh ok then, he's alright really:

Of course im not equating this fighting bloke with Jimmy Savile - it's more the principle I'm wondering about. Are we turning a blind eye to hooliganism or whatever other horrible shit because someones a blade? Load of bollocks if you ask me.

That said, if he has talked about it and acknowledged that it's a cunts game then fair enough.

Has he ever said 'what I did with all that fighting was a bit bad actually' and made any effort to distance himself from that kind of shite?

If not then I'm baffled at why any self respecting pro or ex pro is willing to be seen dead there.

Two Leeds fans sat in a bar:

'Jimmy Savile was a right bad un'
'He wore a Leeds shirt on telly quite often though. His support of Leeds cancels out the horrible shit he did, so we can just ignore it.'
'Oh ok then, he's alright really:

Of course im not equating this fighting bloke with Jimmy Savile - it's more the principle I'm wondering about. Are we turning a blind eye to hooliganism or whatever other horrible shit because someones a blade? Load of bollocks if you ask me.

That said, if he has talked about it and acknowledged that it's a cunts game then fair enough.
Not a fair comparison my friend. What Savile did was abhorrent to the extreme compared to like minded “men” scrapping.

Ha yeah!
Who wants to meet Chris Wilder, Harry Bassett, Derek French, Kevin Gage, Brian Deane, Tony Currie, Dane Whitehouse, Carl Bradshaw, Mitch Ward, Bob Booker, Curtis Woodhouse, Wayne Quinn, Paul Devlin, Jamie Hoyland, Simon Tracey, Glyn Hodges, John Gannon, Paul Beasley and Keith Edwards anyway??

Their Gordon not going then? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Had em on their toes, had an off with a wendy, ran them in their backyard, blah blah fucking boring. Been there, done it, seen it. Good line up though, maybe Neil can speak with Sharon for one last crack at it and get the old gang back together too.

Not a fair comparison my friend. What Savile did was abhorrent to the extreme compared to like minded “men” scrapping.
My point is the principle - we fine with hooliganism then if the bloke's a blade? Or are we just fine with it anyway?

It doesn't particular bother me. I'd have considered going if I could, just cos it's summat to do, but it is just really fucking weird that football celebrities in the local area are happy to go and it's irritating that it's just seems to be completely glossed over.

The bloke didn't just fight people, he wrote a book showing off about it.

I tell a lie, I wouldn't go out my way to go, but I did consider getting those tickets that Foxy was giving away because id be curious to see how all these people actually are with this geez

Ha yeah!

Woodhouse & Devlin ain't going

Woodhouse & Devlin ain't going
Thats his list from a while ago.
He's added a few since then and taken a few away.

Maguire was on their originally too.
He invited Kell Brook and Sean Bean but I haven't heard anything so I'm assuming they won't make it.

As long as Wilder and Deano are there I'm happy tbh.

Thats his list from a while ago.
He's added a few since then and taken a few away.

Maguire was on their originally too.
He invited Kell Brook and Sean Bean but I haven't heard anything so I'm assuming they won't make it.

As long as Wilder and Deano are there I'm happy tbh.
Yea maguire not going ....It would be a daft move if he did really....
England hero glorifies football hooliganism...
A few of my mates are going ....unfortunately I'm having my sack back and crack waxed 😀

Yea maguire not going ....It would be a daft move if he did really....
England hero glorifies football hooliganism...
A few of my mates are going ....unfortunately I'm having my sack back and crack waxed 😀

Stick an old United badge on the wax strips and arrange a bar, you've got the next Blades best seller.

A fellow Blade once told me that the BBC were mostly older now/retired etc, but the BBC had continued by a newer crop of younger lads, which seemed logical. He said they were affectionally known as BBC2!?

I have no idea if that's true, but either way each time I've recalled that lie I get a decent laugh from football or non-football fans alike!

As for the book, I bought his first but to be honest didn't read much of it. I don't know why but I was expecting a bit more about the emotional side of being in a firm rather than "We took over the Bristol end and they crapped themselves" etc which is what I recall from reading it! Maybe as it went on it was more reflective!

I remember from the "United" documentary Keith Broughton saying he didn't agree with a lot of what the BBC did, but "it's like a deterrent, you may not like it but it keeps opposition fans from kicking us all o'er"! Probably has a point there, but I'd still rather us not have firms, but a lot of trouble happens just between so called normal fans who just drink too much and then get involved with the away fans at a pub etc.

Right, off to bed why am I posting on here so late when I could be watching top quality Olympic tiddly winks!

A fellow Blade once told me that the BBC were mostly older now/retired etc, but the BBC had continued by a newer crop of younger lads, which seemed logical. He said they were affectionally known as BBC2!?

I have no idea if that's true, but either way each time I've recalled that lie I get a decent laugh from football or non-football fans alike!

As for the book, I bought his first but to be honest didn't read much of it. I don't know why but I was expecting a bit more about the emotional side of being in a firm rather than "We took over the Bristol end and they crapped themselves" etc which is what I recall from reading it! Maybe as it went on it was more reflective!

I remember from the "United" documentary Keith Broughton saying he didn't agree with a lot of what the BBC did, but "it's like a deterrent, you may not like it but it keeps opposition fans from kicking us all o'er"! Probably has a point there, but I'd still rather us not have firms, but a lot of trouble happens just between so called normal fans who just drink too much and then get involved with the away fans at a pub etc.

Right, off to bed why am I posting on here so late when I could be watching top quality Olympic tiddly winks!

According to Wiki BBC 1 is more mainstream while BBC2 has more depth and substance. I now have this image of modern thuggery where perpetrators are discussing Keats with victims whilst doling out a damn good thrashing.

According to Wiki BBC 1 is more mainstream while BBC2 has more depth and substance. I now have this image of modern thuggery where perpetrators are discussing Keats with victims whilst doling out a damn good thrashing.
BBC1 airs the more popular ‘Scrap of the Day’, ‘Smashed in the Attic’ and ‘Skulls under the Hammer’

Don't know if their linked but noticed at the Donny match on Wednesday, the small group of young uns in the top right hand corner that were singing throughout the match had a banner with the words BBC on.....

I'm with BrianBadonde on this. I read his book when I was 13/14 & enjoyed it. Tried reading it back 10/15 years later & found it completely embarrassing.
The fact he wrote it, probably in his 40s, & was still giving it the big'n about scrapping in Bolton in 1988 was just cringeworthy.
As above, the stories are just ridiculous too. I didn't need to be there to know that him & his 3 or 4 pals didn't "run" a proper "firm" outnumbering them 5:1.

Very weird that so many high-profile Blades want to be associated with him and his noise. Particularly ones still involved in the game. I don't think it's great for the club's image.

Don't know if their linked but noticed at the Donny match on Wednesday, the small group of young uns in the top right hand corner that were singing throughout the match had a banner with the words BBC on.....

That was the CBBC.

Back
Top Bottom