Steve Cowans new book

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

More tall tales from a passe book genre circa 20 years ago I suspect.

The book is done, he sent 400 out this week and another 800 are being dispatched next week.

The launch is tommorow at Ponds Forge and I for one can't wait.

I feel sorry for you
Ha yeah!
Who wants to meet Chris Wilder, Harry Bassett, Derek French, Kevin Gage, Brian Deane, Tony Currie, Dane Whitehouse, Carl Bradshaw, Mitch Ward, Bob Booker, Curtis Woodhouse, Wayne Quinn, Paul Devlin, Jamie Hoyland, Simon Tracey, Glyn Hodges, John Gannon, Paul Beasley and Keith Edwards anyway??

Especially when Love Island is on.

Ha yeah!
Who wants to meet Chris Wilder, Harry Bassett, Derek French, Kevin Gage, Brian Deane, Tony Currie, Dane Whitehouse, Carl Bradshaw, Mitch Ward, Bob Booker, Curtis Woodhouse, Wayne Quinn, Paul Devlin, Jamie Hoyland, Simon Tracey, Glyn Hodges, John Gannon, Paul Beasley and Keith Edwards anyway??

If the end result is walking away with Steve Cowens book, then me.

I'm assuming Steve Cowans is a blade and a author, anyone know what the book will be about?

Usual bravado bollocks about hooligans. Greatly exaggerated tales of how many they took down from other firms.

Loved watching football in the 80s but just don't get the desire or need to fight people.

Would love to meet all the people on that list but no interest in the book.

If he's a hooligan then why are all these big names going to see him? I thought we were meant to dislike that kind of thing.

Not that I'm bothered. I'm just a bit surprised, I suppose.

Ha yeah!

I dunno mate, 4 hours sat next to the Alternative Chief Medical Officer & BTEC virologist Professor Gage sounds tedious as fuck.

If he's a hooligan then why are all these big names going to see him? I thought we were meant to dislike that kind of thing.

At least 3 of those big names had links with the BBC back in the day.

It will be a great “do” and I would have liked to go myself but can’t make it.

Some LinkedIn twerp recommended me a book once. Some self made lad who ran deep with the BBC “back int day”. Called Lawrence I think.

Just checked the website. Finger buffet with veggie options - good that as never liked taking the finger. A who's who of Bladeyness, serviced by a waitress all good. Dress to impress though - that's me out.

He's a colossal Blade as well to be fair.
He mentioned Paul Heaton was invited and I know he used to go to the matches with a few wrung uns.

Was going to the launch tomorrow, now can't, if anyone needs a ticket, drop me a PM to see if I've still got a couple when you read this.

Hurry up though, as it sounds like BrianBadonde will be like shit off a shovel 🤣
If the book’s optional, I might be interested…

"More BBC Tales - that time we did stuff that I forgot to mention in my other books"

Honestly I don't know what it's about. I enjoyed his BBC book I was 14 though.
Same 😂😂 I’m sure in the first book there was a tale of him and 3 mates charging 30 Wednesday hooligans and battering them so that they ran off. Lapped it up as a yute. Now, 15 years on, I just laugh at it. Unless you all have machete’s. guns or are Liam Neeson. That’s just not going to happen against like minded idiots.

Edit: I’m sure he’s a sound bloke and GLTTL !

He's a colossal Blade as well to be fair.
He mentioned Paul Heaton was invited and I know he used to go to the matches with a few wrung uns
Going to matches with a few wrong uns is a bit different to writing a book celebrating fighting people.

Now don't get me wrong, I've stuck two fingers at the way fans when we've scored on many an occasion, and occasionally I have even sworn verbally in the general direction of the away stand, so I'm no stranger to being a right 'orrible bastard sometimes.

There must be some kind of formula somewhere, which explains how big a blade you need to be in order to cancel out different things.

Ha yeah!

No wonder it's sold out. I'm surprised anyone else can get in the room.

Back
Top Bottom