Steve Cowans new book

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Simon Tracey would make for an interesting podcast or book. Served under Bassett, Kendall, Spackman (if Ipswich away didn't knock this era out his memory cells), Bruce, Heath & Warnock.

I bet the stories he could tell could make for interesting reading (and the stories he can't tell would make a bestseller).

Some of the stuff levelled at the lad in this thread wasn't called for, opinions on content etc are OK but you have, as "Flash" points out, a choice to participate or not with events and the purchasing of books without getting personal.

Tell you what, you can't knock him for having some ambition and bussiness sense, Moss Fest (is that how you spell it) is a great event for the city without a rip off price tag, I believe its his festival isn't it?

If so well done there in putting Sheffield on the map in a nice positive way, seems you get no credit for the good things you do, because some people still prefer to focus on the past and won't let folk move on.

Carry on regardless.. UTB
nice one UTB

People give opinions of author/book. Author doesn't like some of these opinion so these people are sad & bitter and are not decent Blades 🤣
opinions on a book they haven't read and a author, who as a person they have no idea about.

Yeah, I did actually.

It'd be the same as this if I also wrote books about stealing sweets and how good it is, and then made no effort to go back on myself and explain to people once I've realised how daft it is.

If that was the case, I think it'd be safe to assume that I might still be bang up for stealing sweets if the opportunity arose.

Like I said though, I'm not fussed about books being written or events being put on for it...just utterly baffled at all the people that turned up for it. Maybe in the new book you correct all that, distance yourself from it and talk about how daft it is...in which case fair enough. I just don't think it sends a good message on hooliganism, with all these people turning up for the event. People are free to go though, especially those that are Blades legends but have no affiliation with the club, but equally people on here or anywhere else are free to have an opinion on that.
maybe in the new book you'd be right

I personally find it disgraceful that us as SUFC fans are now all tarred with the same brush of been footy hoolies

We do not all beat up blind wheelchair bound disabled fans like at Hull away the other year and wear Sergio tacchini track tops

The majority of Sufc fans are well mannered and respectable characters

Please don’t drag our good name through the mud flash-blade

To be honest most of us did things back in the day that I wouldn't tell my kids and grandkids about. Different times now with crowd segregation. Have read the books, found them amusing, always thought if like minded people want a punch-up let them get on with it. Always liked the one about Steve dropping his kecks on top of a wood pile at Lavers and wiping his nether regions with a Wednesday scarf as train full of Wendy were passing for an away match.🤣🤣

Ahhh, quite a bit older than you then.

He lived on Overend drive, worked at Davy Mckee years ago. flash-blade probably knows him too

I probably would know him, by sight, if he went in the Gaunt especially. We used to hang around there as kids, before we were old enough to go in.

I don't know who any of them are, apart from Neil Shipperly, front middle.
Great photo and some great ex players and managers who I’m proud to have seen represent us.

I’d love to be sitting in between my two favourite United managers so well done SC.

I bought and enjoyed the first book, a good snapshot into a different era. Much as the do gooders want to, social history shouldn’t be erased or edited. We learn and move on. As has SC.

Not sure many books would get published if you cut out the aggression, violence, misbehaviour /illegality, territoriality, ‘poor’ ( stupid’ ?) judgement / behaviour & ‘laddism’

“The bible” has a launch party every fuckin Sunday😳

Not excusing the blokes (documented) (stupid —-> atrocious) behaviours but his commitment to SUFC is undeniable, even if (previously) ‘misguided’
One of many folk ( think Shred, Kaz etc) that I’d see away no matter where / when although if SC was in the same alehouse as me I’d sharp sup up - just in case.

I’m about half way through the book at the moment. Steve (who I know pretty well) is about a year younger than me and his time following the Blades runs a very similar path to mine - starting with the 70/71 promotion season to present day. It reminds us of the ups and downs of being a Blade for the past 50 years with some very funny anecdotes along the way. Forget the previous publications around the fisty cuffs of the 80’s and 90’s and take the book for what it is - one man’s journey following the team he loves.

I don't know who any of them are, apart from Neil Shipperly, front middle.
Simon Tracey would make for an interesting podcast or book. Served under Bassett, Kendall, Spackman (if Ipswich away didn't knock this era out his memory cells), Bruce, Heath & Warnock.

I bet the stories he could tell could make for interesting reading (and the stories he can't tell would make a bestseller).
Get YorkBlade on it.

Has anyone done a name call on the photo ? There are two or three I don’t recognise. Great line up of guys from my era of really falling in love with the club.

Unlike a lot of people on this forum, I wouldn't write anything about anybody that I wouldn't say to their face. Apart from his views on covid - which I disagree with - he seems like a sound enough guy to me. At least there is some substance and personal experience behind the stuff he writes - unlike a lot of the new podcasters and bloggers that appear to be in fashion these days.

Unlike a lot of people on this forum, I wouldn't write anything about anybody that I wouldn't say to their face. Apart from his views on covid - which I disagree with - he seems like a sound enough guy to me. At least there is some substance and personal experience behind the stuff he writes - unlike a lot of the new podcasters and bloggers that appear to be in fashion these days.
I known Steve a long time and I guarantee you he’s a sound lad and 100% Blade

Back
Top Bottom