Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Great photo Silent Blade. is that at Ashton Gate?.
Currie.Flynn and Salmons on the deck.total guess.
First time I have seen this Photo.
Blackpool in Anglo Scottish Cup in August 1975. Drew 1-1, Speight scored. Salmons had left us in 1974 so I think it was Guthrie on the floor. Yes, TC and Flynn

Well, XM657, I do remember a variety of other sporting events at Bramall Lane in the fifties, sixties and seventies. Just after Tennis turned professional there was a series of Exhibition matches in which the likes of Rod Laver took part. At half time, during a Blades, game there was ,also, a mile race around the perimeter in which several Olympic athletes raced- Derek Ibbertson and Sheffield's own Ken Wood included.
I attended a floodlight, exhibition cricket match involving Yorkshire in which several of our cricket internationals played- can't remember who . Difficult to see the ball though.
Didn't Kell Brook box , at the Lane , as well?
Then, of course, there was the Test Match in the early 19 hundreds.
Probably, a few more.Anybody any further info?

Didn't Billy Graham do an evangelist thing at the Lane once?

I seem to remember Bruce Springsteen doing a concert (maybe in Bert's pic above?) Or did I dream that the BOSS ;) was here in concert? I think he came to Roundhay Park in Leeds as well.

Didn't Billy Graham do an evangelist thing at the Lane once?

I seem to remember Bruce Springsteen doing a concert (maybe in Bert's pic above?) Or did I dream that the BOSS ;) was here in concert? I think he came to Roundhay Park in Leeds as well.
Bert's photo is the Springsteen concert.

Yes, BOSS, I reckon Billy Graham did appear at The Lane and ,as you say, perhaps The Boss as well. I think the OP asked about different sports but there must have been quite a few from other fields of endeavour.

Yes, BOSS, I reckon Billy Graham did appear at The Lane and ,as you say, perhaps The Boss as well. I think the OP asked about different sports but there must have been quite a few from other fields of endeavour.
I remember hearing Springsteen rehearsing, at the Lane, while I was working at the top of Granville Rd, every song, loud and and clear, God knows what those living closer thought!

My father Bill Kirby. Sadly passed away 18 months ago. He was an Everton fan. but moved to Sheffield in the 60's to manage Andre Bernard hairdressers on t'moor (one for the older viewers to remember).
He used to take us to both teams when we were kids. But on that infamous Boxing Day, I went with some Utd mates to the away end and my brother went to the Wendy end with his mates. Since that day I have hated them and the die was cast for me as a Blade. Thank goodness.

My father Bill Kirby. Sadly passed away 18 months ago. He was an Everton fan. but moved to Sheffield in the 60's to manage Andre Bernard hairdressers on t'moor (one for the older viewers to remember).
He used to take us to both teams when we were kids. But on that infamous Boxing Day, I went with some Utd mates to the away end and my brother went to the Wendy end with his mates. Since that day I have hated them and the die was cast for me as a Blade. Thank goodness.

I have the same picture, pride of place of all my united pictures. I knew your dad quite well really sorry to hear of his death, sorry for your loss. He was a really nice guy, didn't he open up on Abbeydale Road near the gatefield in partnership with another guy? 16243007293303020240032886932671.jpg

Back
Top Bottom