Next manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Whoever it is can they please sign some good forrins please

Even bad forrins are good forrins because they’re funny. And we all look back fondly on forrin dross.

Next day

people realise that most journalists know absolutely nothing and are no closer to an inside line to the club than the average Joe but have you say something just to sound credible. With enough guesses they will eventually “in time” get something right.
Or they realised just how in a pickle we are, the club had no plan to replace wilder, and floated the 5 man list with hecky on it, it see if we'd accept him, only to realise just how that's not going to work, and blessing can't get a work permit. So panic 🤷‍♂️

😂

So, do we think whoever it is, they will be named before June!??

The new manager of Sheffield United is set to be named before this season is over, reports The Mirror.

The Blades have been without a permanent boss since March 13 following the departure of Chris Wilder.

Paul Heckingbottom has been in caretaker charge since, during which time relegation from the Premier League has been confirmed.

A sorry campaign for the club will be over in three games’ time – but apparently the new man in the dugout will be in place before then.

Whom that will be still remains unclear.

SHEFFIELD UNITED NEWS

A sorry campaign for the club will be over in three games’ time – but apparently the new man in the dugout will be in place before then.

Whom that will be still remains unclear.

SHEFFIELD UNITED NEWS
Could be, perhaps maybe, that's all being well, and if the winds blowing in the right direction........ :rolleyes:

Anyone else notice this quote from Nathan Hemmingham from Yorkshire Live from today, I thought, if true, it's quite revealing:

"All those on the shortlist know they are on the list, they have all been interviewed already. So they will already know what they want to do with the team etc having done a presentation to the board as part of the interview process.

That would tell me that maybe Appleton and Robinson as an example are not on the shortlist, because otherwise you'd have thought that we'd need permission from the clubs to have an interview/presentation. To do that privately to the managers in question I would have thought would be pretty naughty and unwise. I'm guessing that most if not all on the list are out of work or available at the end of the season which is fast approaching. I appreciate that Blessin is in work still and is likely to be one of the five names, maybe to foreign clubs it's a different culture/approach. Maybe I'm totally wrong but that's my guesswork.

Anyone else notice this quote from Nathan Hemmingham from Yorkshire Live from today, I thought, if true, it's quite revealing:

"All those on the shortlist know they are on the list, they have all been interviewed already. So they will already know what they want to do with the team etc having done a presentation to the board as part of the interview process.

That would tell me that maybe Appleton and Robinson as an example are not on the shortlist, because otherwise you'd have thought that we'd need permission from the clubs to have an interview/presentation. To do that privately to the managers in question I would have thought would be pretty naughty and unwise. I'm guessing that most if not all on the list are out of work or available at the end of the season which is fast approaching. I appreciate that Blessin is in work still and is likely to be one of the five names, maybe to foreign clubs it's a different culture/approach. Maybe I'm totally wrong but that's my guesswork.
If I was a decent manager I’d tell the club that in the first interview they can do the presentation, on how the club will be run going forward, what finances will be available, what their expectations are and in what timeframe. If I’m happy with the presentation, I’ll do a second interview telling them how I’ll achieve their goals.

Because I can’t imagine Tuchel stood in front of Chelsea’s board with a PowerPoint.

If I was a decent manager I’d tell the club that in the first interview they can do the presentation, on how the club will be run going forward, what finances will be available, what their expectations are and in what timeframe. If I’m happy with the presentation, I’ll do a second interview telling them how I’ll achieve their goals.

Because I can’t imagine Tuchel stood in front of Chelsea’s board with a PowerPoint.
Maybe it's a two way thing, both do a presentation, but either way I would presume we'll need permission if whatever manager is with a club I would guess, surely?

Whoever it is can they please sign some good forrins please

Even bad forrins are good forrins because they’re funny. And we all look back fondly on forrin dross.
Yearning for the days of Laurens Ten Heuval and Hai Haidong? haha

Maybe it's a two way thing, both do a presentation, but either way I would presume we'll need permission if whatever manager is with a club I would guess, surely?
I believe so yes, otherwise it would be tapping up. Which is why I take the article with a pinch of salt. Imagine being in the playoffs, like Blessin is, or in the middle of the end of season run-in and saying “is it OK if I do a job interview”. It’s bad enough talking to Portsmouth half way through the season.

I believe so yes, otherwise it would be tapping up. Which is why I take the article with a pinch of salt. Imagine being in the playoffs, like Blessin is, or in the middle of the end of season run-in and saying “is it OK if I do a job interview”. It’s bad enough talking to Portsmouth half way through the season.
Unless you're Neil 100% Blade Warnock of course as you're referring to!

I can’t wait to see our new Eastern European striker Oleg Mkburnic fill some fucker in on West Street.

Jokanovic will have done well to have been interviewed,done a presentation and found out he's on the shortlist when apparently we are still trying to set up a meeting.

Jokanovic will have done well to have been interviewed,done a presentation and found out he's on the shortlist when apparently we are still trying to set up a meeting.
Said on Saturday that a meeting was set up for the next 48hrs?

Warnock’s forray into the transfer market bordered on hilarity. Suffo who’d been banned for a few years, the french kid with the name Croissant and that Italian who played 10 minutes and never played again. Baxter is the obvious one.

Think its odds on it will be a foreign manager, looks like the club/team need a totally new approach, add in the amount of apathy and the unenthusiastic response Howe, Appleton or Hecky would bring, so Jok, Bless, Clem, Zak or someone under the radar? If the rumours correct re starting before the end of the season and discussions preliminary interviews done, its not someone already in work, so Ismael off the list?

As some of you know, my wife is a football reporter for a media company aswell as a blade. She says that Slavisa Jokanovic is the number one target for quite some time and has now been interviewed and believed to be leaving his contract in Qatar which has a month left to run. “It’s as good as finalised”. She was right about Ramsdale, Brewster signings and cw leaving. You dont get her sort of job without good contacts so il leave that here…..That’ll do for me

Hmm, he did ok, but not fit to lace Jan Aage's boots. Marcelo, now there's a foreign player I loved, as much for his passion when scoring too!
Forgot about Marcelo, and what about Alex Sabella?
Never seen anybody head a ball as hard as Jostein Flo. Jesus Christ, hope he doesn't suffer for that in later years.

As some of you know, my wife is a football reporter for a media company aswell as a blade. She says that Slavisa Jokanovic is the number one target for quite some time and has now been interviewed and believed to be leaving his contract in Qatar which has a month left to run. “It’s as good as finalised”. She was right about Ramsdale, Brewster signings and cw leaving. You dont get her sort of job without good contacts so il leave that here…..That’ll do for me
Didn't she say Eddie Howe was number 1 target? i'm sure you posted that

Back
Top Bottom