Next manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladesthorpe

Reaction score
Just announced by Bettis on RS that they have whittled it down to 5 applicants including Hecky.

If John Terry is one of the five that would be far more concerning than Hecky on the list in my view. And I'm not happy with Michael Appleton potentilly on either.

Let's be honest it's a horrific job to take on the basis of what Wilder achieved for us + who he was and his history and connection with the club.

Therefore the job has to go to someone who unites the fans, not a quick fix, and not someone who's inexperienced with the pressures that will be required next season.
Some of the fans will be baying for blood before a balls been kicked, so the board really needs to make sure they're showing the ambition that has been somewhat discussed in prior interviews.

Some fans need to also realize that whoever we get in wont be Chris WIlder.

Stupid comment by Bettis. Hecky clearly isn’t up to it and said he doesn’t want it anyway - so Bettis is winding up fans for no reason.
Bit harsh judging Hecky when he's working with Wilders tools.

unfortunately I don’t think we can write Tindal out of the equation either.

I think mentioning Hecky is softening us up for a mediocre appointment (Robinson, Appleton, Tindall, etc)
I think it's just so Bettis and prince can laugh at some of our fans getting their tits in a twist over it.

Jokanovic
Blessin
Tindall
Hecky
Appleton
That best not be the shortlist! I would imagine that Tindall maybe in partnership with Hecky if Hecky stays as manager. I'm not as against Hecky as some are, he's done ok thus far, nothing special but he did do well at Barnsley, Leeds was only short and Hibs is the only failure.

My shortlist with names we may expect and in order of preference would be:

1 Jokanovic
2 Blessin
3 Wagner
4 Hecky
5 Appleton - please no

I'm surprised Wagner's not been mentioned as I've said before but maybe he's in the running, who knows.

Stupid comment by Bettis. Hecky clearly isn’t up to it and said he doesn’t want it anyway - so Bettis is winding up fans for no reason.
I would say he isn’t winding fans up, rather he is saying how it is. Am I too gullible?

Really hope it’s Heckingbottoms job next year.
A proper decent yorkshire bloke, closest thing to Wilder we can get, perfect for continuity and perfect to bring through and integrate the title winning 23s side we’ve got.
I agree he should know and nurture the under 23’s but he hasn’t done it this season, in fact he’s kept selecting Lundstram against every fans wishes, very poor decision and a decision that I cannot forgive him for, I have no faith in this man after Lundstram selection.

Back
Top Bottom