Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Look for anyone that's fed up, there is a clear loophole that we could exploit.
Sheffield United FC want a German manager, who has managed for ten minutes in Belgium.
Sheffield United need to apply to play in the Belgian First Division.
Much more plausible than some of the other ideas on here.

We're the Carrier Bag Firm
We're coming at it sideways

What are the rules for season ticket holders in Belgium? Does my dog still get loyalty points?

Hi mate. Thanks for coming back to this. Just like the old days.....
There's a great bit in the regulations about the Exceptions Panel. Let me remind you.....

EXCEPTIONS PANELS
Please note that Exceptions Panels will not be available after the Winter (January) Transfer Window in 2021.

It really is quite simple
View attachment 110047
I wonder if there is written criteria for the panel members, and what constitutes relevant experience at the top level of the game?

If Blessin has a lack of experience as a manager, could he qualify to sit on an FA GBE panel?

yep. No tits.. Just hard Immigration policy...
You're forgetting the sneering at how the unwashed voted 5 years ago. We just need Tony Blair and some theatre luvvies to back up the retired civil servants.....

I like the way some people are getting upset that we can't appoint some bloke who they'd never heard of 2 months ago and who hasn't managed a team for even a year in the Belgium first division.
He's now most Blades first choice - so they can prove me wrong

And. There are criteria for anyone who wants a Governing Body Endorsement for a job that does any of

Coaching teams, by demonstrating techniques and directing training and exercise sessions Controlling discipline and recruiting ancillary staff such as coaches or physiotherapists Monitoring and/or analysing technique and performance and determining how future improvements could be made
Providing effective leadership to the performance team to support the strategic performance needs of the club
Providing expert performance advice to the manager and board on all performance matters Working and improving on the strength and conditioning of the first team squad
Managing the key fitness, performance and sport science staff.

I mean that's essentially "a coach".
And, to get a Government Body Endorsement to be a "coach". The applicant needs;

To hold an undergraduate degree or masters in sport science or a related discipline. and

Been employed as a "Coach' for at least five years in a Top League or national association; or
have five years’ experience in similar elite sports.

So, in searching that loophole, the requirement has GOT WORSE - 'lexy would need FIVE years experience & a Degree. Lovely
He does have every coaching badge going and uefa pro licence and has coached and managed and assisted managing for over ten years at a top German club at all youth levels ,then one superb season in Belgiums top flight ,there isn't a panel when they get them up and running that will dismiss his qualifications and achievements , I'd say if he's the man we are after discussions will have take place with the people in the know at the fa . Just my take on it .

Not sure where you're coming from. But. Someone who has managed the first team in a top league for 24 months automatically qualifies for a Governing Body Endorsement from the FA. Anyone else would need to submit evidence to an Exceptions Panel. Those Panels are new from 1 January 2021, and until someone gets a chance to go to one as a Guinea pig, we won't know their decision. That's the barrier. Does that help?
I know that bit, just confirming there's nothing specific in the rules which would stop Blessin being appointed.
Still think it's unlikely the FA would not see a manager from one of the top leagues as an exception. Otherwise you could have all sorts of anomalies with managers from top clubs who've got a year in and done well who couldn't get a job in England. That could include a year at Bayern or PSG or wherever.
Given Blessin's got further handy experience at youth level with another top European club just can't see the FA interpreting the rules that way.

I wonder if there is written criteria for the panel members, and what constitutes relevant experience at the top level of the game?

If Blessin has a lack of experience as a manager, could he qualify to sit on an FA GBE panel?
It will not surprise you to learn that there is a process in the regulatios to challenge the appointment of Panel Members. One of the three panel members must be legally qualified. I'm guessing that rules Blessin out. The other two must have relevant experience at the top level of the game (giggling here).

If a club requests an Exceptions Panel in accordance with paragraph 17, The FA will appoint an independent panel of three members, which shall include one legally qualified chair and two panel members who have relevant experience at the top level of the game (the “Panel Members”).

20. A fee of £5,000 plus VAT will be charged for every Exceptions Panel, which must be paid by the club

21. The club will be notified of the identity of the Panel Members and have the opportunity to challenge the appointment of any Panel Member on the
basis of an actual or perceived conflict of interest. Each Panel Member shall also have the opportunity to declare an actual or perceived conflict of interest (of him or herself or any other Panel Member) to the Chair or, if the conflict of interest relates to the Chair, to The FA. The Chair, or The FA respectively, shall then determine whether the Panel Member should be excluded from participating in the application. If the Panel Member is excluded from participating in the application, The FA will appoint a replacement Panel Member (to whom this paragraph shall also apply).

I know that bit, just confirming there's nothing specific in the rules which would stop Blessin being appointed.
Still think it's unlikely the FA would not see a manager from one of the top leagues as an exception. Otherwise you could have all sorts of anomalies with managers from top clubs who've got a year in and done well who couldn't get a job in England. That could include a year at Bayern or PSG or wherever.
Given Blessin's got further handy experience at youth level with another top European club just can't see the FA interpreting the rules that way.
Sorry. Got you. No there is nothing specific in the rules which would STOP Blessin being appointed. I'm just going to say - the FA wrote the rule that a manager who has managed Bayern or PSG for just a year will not get an endorsement, no matter how much time he's spent at youth level, they wrote that very specifically. They didn't mention Bayern, but they did literally rule out less than two years in the Bundesliga. They didn't mention PSG, but they did literally rule out less than two years in Ligue 1. They wrote the rules that way. Is it not a stretch for you to conclude they, the FA, will interpret their own rules in a different way? I mean, there's the obstacle.

Sorry. Got you. No there is nothing specific in the rules which would STOP Blessin being appointed. I'm just going to say - the FA wrote the rule that a manager who has managed Bayern or PSG for just a year will not get an endorsement, no matter how much time he's spent at youth level, they wrote that very specifically. They didn't mention Bayern, but they did literally rule out less than two years in the Bundesliga. They didn't mention PSG, but they did literally rule out less than two years in Ligue 1. They wrote the rules that way. Is it not a stretch for you to conclude they, the FA, will interpret their own rules in a different way? I mean, there's the obstacle.
Yeah but I don't agree with those rules, and I think they're wrong. I feel we should have some sort of national say on this (non-binding of course)

Hey, everyone knew what they were voting for.
5 years after a democratic vote

Fussy baby: Why infants cry at night (and how to stop it)

Yeah but I don't agree with those rules, and I think they're wrong. I feel we should have some sort of national say on this (non-binding of course)
The UK voted for Brexit
The legislation went too & fro in Parliament
The Queen called an election
A party dedicated to Brexit won an election
The newly emboldened Prime Minister ordered all Ministers of State to tighten up immigration regulations for workers in their sectors
A new Treaty was signed & ratified with our trading partners
Qualification & Governing Bodies were ordered to tighten up on immigration regulations for workers in their sectors
In some cases (including football) that corresponded with what the FA wanted to do anyway.
And with what representative bodies like the PFA & LMA preferred.
And that resulted in the much tighter & restrictive rules.

And, the argument against them amounts to - they're restrictive.

Man Alive. They've been deliberately written to be restrictive. Restrictions are what the regs are supposed to impose

Last edited:

5 years after a democratic vote

Fussy baby: Why infants cry at night (and how to stop it)
:D I ain't the one crying about the new rules or suggesting ways to bypass them, nor am I being triggered because someone linked it to Brexit.
We have to meet these requirement because of the changes brought in due to Brexit. That's a simple fact it's not sneering at it or whatever it was that triggered your insecurities. You won, get over it.

Last edited:
The UK voted for Brexit
The legislation went too & fro in Parliament
The Queen called an election
A party dedicated to Brexit won an election
The newly emboldened Prime Minister ordered all Ministers of State to tighten up immigration regulations for workers in their sectors
A new Treaty was signed & ratified with our trading partners
Qualification & Governing Bodies were ordered to tighten up on immigration regulations for workers in their sectors
In some cases (including football) that corresponded with what the FA wanted to do anyway.
And with what representative bodies like the PFA & LMA preferred.
And that resulted in the much tighter & restrictive rules.

And, the argument against them amounts to - they're restrictive.

Man Alive. They've been deliberately written to be restrictive. Restrictions are what the regs are supposed to impose
Yeah but I think we should bend the rules so it fits in with my agenda and personal view. I've read the Daily Mail, it told me to think this way!

Not sneering? OK Dame Edna:D
Fucking hell mate. The first was a joke because it will impact our ability to hire this guy if he is indeed the choice, again that's a fact. No Brexit, no problem.
The second was at you moaning about it and being a all butt hurt about it.
You surprise me that your that sensitive, Eddie.

The answer to this is blindingly obvious , which is that we use the precedent of the famous West Ham Manoeuvre and explain to the panel that it would be unfair on our supporters if we were not allowed to appoint him .

Surely the same rules apply to us as they do to our much loved Southern cousins ........

Anyway, any evidence we're even remotely interested in Blessin 😁

He followed the club on Instagram. Keep up.
I've just followed the club on Instagram and so has my wife, however I've only managed a top club for 23.9 months do you think I'd be eligible for a GBE and if not which rules can we circumvent to get me my dream job?

I've just followed the club on Instagram and so has my wife, however I've only managed a top club for 23.9 months do you think I'd be eligible for a GBE and if not which rules can we circumvent to get me my dream job?

Rules are made to be broken. Some bloke on twitter said it's fine.

SUFC - "appoint Blessin..."

Fuck you FA...

FA - you can't do this!!

SUFC - Yes we can

FA - Right thats it! Points deduction coming!

SUFC - erm ok we're already down so bring it on! Makes no difference.

FA - :-(

Reactions: 10p

Back
Top Bottom