Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So can someone spell out why he won't get a work permit ,tin hat on 🤣😂 it's been a long thread🐟🇪🇺🇬🇧

Last edited:

The Belgian league ends next Sunday. If there is anything in this story I guess that is when we'd be looking to bring him in.

That would leave 6 games this season for him to get involved in and assess what he has and what needs to be done before they all piss off for 2 months.

Surely tall the Brexit stuff can be got around if we really want him in the club

The Belgian league ends next Sunday. If there is anything in this story I guess that is when we'd be looking to bring him in.

That would leave 6 games this season for him to get involved in and assess what he has and what needs to be done before they all piss off for 2 months.

Surely tall the Brexit stuff can be got around if we really want him in the club

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Sorry to be lazy, but did we get to the bottom of whether he's eligible to come over or not?

Sorry to be lazy, but did we get to the bottom of whether he's eligible to come over or not?
Yes on about page 13. He’s not, so would need an appeal process which currently doesn’t exists, probably will be created in the summer though in some form or another, but he still wouldn’t meet the official criteria.

Get Jokanovic in now. He gets us promoted and then after a year or two when he gets itchy feet and leaves, we replace him with Blessin having had the time to gain more top level management experience and by which time he qualifies to overcome these 'right to work' issues. Simple.

The requirements for an Endorsement cover Team Manager AND Head Coach
Blessin would seem to not qualify automatically under 16.d.i
He'd need an Exceptions Panel 19-26
The introduction to 19 says they're not currently sitting
At any Exceptions Panel, he wouldn't meet 23.c 23.d 23.e
So, would have to rely on evidence at 23.a 23.b 23.f
If the Exceptions Panel makes a recommendation to grant an Endorsement, that is still NOT binding on the FA, who can still refuse - para 25

No one on this Forum can say whether he's eligible.
But, those are the hurdles he'd/we'd need to overcome

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files...eria/gbe-mens-managers-criteria-jan-2021.ashx

Ball_Sup (Phil) has explained this to the point of exhaustion. As it stands he can't come! So, the question is why the link? Either the board think they have a good chance of getting the go ahead or the link is spurious mischief making by either us, agent, Oostende or journalists.

Is this out there to improve his contract at Oostende or alert other clubs of his possible availability?

Maybe we're using him as a distraction, false trail to keep the attention away from the real target?

The club have outlined the criteria needed for the new manager, so maybe journalists are just doing a matching of requirements and come up with Blessin?

It will be interesting to see how this pans out, but I reckon this thread will grow towards Brewster levels and the shed will get more and more use.

Ball_Sup (Phil) has explained this to the point of exhaustion. As it stands he can't come! So, the question is why the link? Either the board think they have a good chance of getting the go ahead or the link is spurious mischief making by either us, agent, Oostende or journalists.

Is this out there to improve his contract at Oostende or alert other clubs of his possible availability?

Maybe we're using him as a distraction, false trail to keep the attention away from the real target?

The club have outlined the criteria needed for the new manager, so maybe journalists are just doing a matching of requirements and come up with Blessin?

It will be interesting to see how this pans out, but I reckon this thread will grow towards Brewster levels and the shed will get more and more use.
I take a very benign view. If he's come high up the list of who we want, United will have to explore a number of things. Does he want to come? How much will he cost? What will we have to sort out with his current club? Will he get a work permit? If he's high up our list, we're probably still exploring those things. Or, he might not be on our list.

I take a very benign view. If he's come high up the list of who we want, United will have to explore a number of things. Does he want to come? How much will he cost? What will we have to sort out with his current club? Will he get a work permit? If he's high up our list, we're probably still exploring those things. Or, he might not be on our list.

Sums it up. This appears to be very difficult to complete, so he's the number one target; try to get at all costs. Otherwise I call nowt but gossip and the board are looking elsewhere.

Sums it up. This appears to be very difficult to complete, so he's the number one target; try to get at all costs. Otherwise I call nowt but gossip and the board are looking elsewhere.
Elaborate smokescreen for Pulis.

Honestly SEB, I think I we weren’t aware of this and now they’re aware it’s stopped them in their tracks. I genuinely believe they assumed he would qualify and were ignorant to the need for an endorsement.

Honestly SEB, I think I we weren’t aware of this and now they’re aware it’s stopped them in their tracks. I genuinely believe they assumed he would qualify and were ignorant to the need for an endorsement.

Possibly, but the new regs were circulated by the FA and the PL to all their members. One would assume the club has people to read this stuff and advise accordingly.

I think you’re right.

The purchase of a club in France when that club is too low in the French pyramid to send players to us given the new rules also tends to suggest they are ignorant of what the requirements are.

Think you are selling the Prince and his advisers short.They will be well aware of the new regulations especially since they wanted to go down the foreign route for players and it looks like managers as well.
Blessin may well be a red herring!.

I think you’re right.

The purchase of a club in France when that club is too low in the French pyramid to send players to us given the new rules also tends to suggest they are ignorant of what the requirements are.
The Indian club might supply the French club to the Belgian club to England ,points makes prizes

Back
Top Bottom