Incoming? Alexander Blessin

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi mate. Everyone who lives & works in another country needs the permission of that country to do that work. That is what Blessin will have to apply for. Permission to live & work here.
(also, although you make the point about flying, maybe he'll come on a ferry)

Could do it by rail too if he fancied it.

Ostend -> Brussels -> St Pancras -> Sheffield

As I said in shoutbox earlier, this tends to support the theory that he isn't experienced enough generally to merit consideration as our manager.

I suppose it's a bit like signing a player who has done consistently well at youth level with a big club and then scored a load of goals in a short spell at a club in a league of slightly lower standard than our own.

Rhian Brewster, anyone?

There are regulations covering every job in the UK. So that we can protect UK workers. And yes, there are published regulations specifically on Assistant Head Coach. Blessin could indeed apply for a Governing Body Endorsement as Assistant Head Coach. He would need to meet paragraph 16.d.i of those regulations. That is he would need to have managed in a top league for a minimum of 24 months. Which he hasn't.

The Football Association - Governing Body Endorsement Requirements for Men’s Team Assistant Manager

16. An Assistant Manager will only be granted a GBE if:
a) The Assistant Manager will have Partial Responsibility for the first team of the applicant club.
b) The Assistant Manager holds a UEFA ‘A’ licence/diploma or equivalent.
c) The applicant club does not have an Existing Assistant Manager. Where a club has been issued with a GBE for an Existing Assistant Manager, a GBE will not be granted in respect of a new Manager until the previous GBE has been rescinded.
d) The Assistant Manager has:
i. Managed a club in a Top League for the Prescribed Time; or
ii. Managed an international team for the Prescribed Time which had an Aggregated FIFA World Ranking of 50 or above for the entire Prescribed Time.

Okay & thanks for the prompt response, but using the probationary principle is there a job title he does qualify for? E.g senior coach or just coach or assistant coach, anything he has genuine experience in at Leipsig/Oostend where he could come in legitimately for a probationary period till he qualifies under residency?
Straw clutching in the extreme.

Rob Kozluk likes to tell that story whilst doing an impression of Turry, "I've shit mesen"

Apparently he didn't heed the warnings of what not to eat in the restaurant the night before.

Had to sit on a towel until he got back to the hotel 😁

Imagine being on the next seat

Okay & thanks for the prompt response, but using the probationary principle is there a job title he does qualify for? E.g senior coach or just coach or assistant coach, anything he has genuine experience in at Leipsig/Oostend where he could come in legitimately for a probationary period till he qualifies under residency?
Send me a link to these post Brexit regulations you're relying on for qualifying under residency. And I'll review those.

Send me a link to these post Brexit regulations you're relying on for qualifying under residency. And I'll review those.

It's probably 5 years.

Phil is right here. You don't set a policy or 24 months to qualify for an immigration route and then allow someone, as an exception, to come in who hasn't done 12 months. hat's not an exception, that's basically undermining your own rules. No way. You might allow someone who had only done say 20 months in as an exception. Maybe, if there were other mitigating circumstances. Maybe.

Presumably any work permit issue is easily resolved by making a "donation" to the Conservative party.

We'd probably get a billion pound PPE contract thrown in too.
We can make the PPE in the same place we make our kits.

(nod to robbiez666)
The regs specifically mention picking the team. To pick the team a non UK citizen needs a GBE
To get a GBE you need 24 months as a manager or go to an Exceptions Panel
If a non UK citizen got a work permit to do something "not picking the team" they'd have to wait 5 years (your "probationary period") before they could apply for UK settlement, which they might not get.
Then if they put enough ducks in a row, they might be eligible to pick the team.

Sounds like this is goosed lads. Stick the waffles in the bin and see if the charity shop will let you return the Poirot DVD.

And. There are criteria for anyone who wants a Governing Body Endorsement for a job that does any of

Coaching teams, by demonstrating techniques and directing training and exercise sessions Controlling discipline and recruiting ancillary staff such as coaches or physiotherapists Monitoring and/or analysing technique and performance and determining how future improvements could be made
Providing effective leadership to the performance team to support the strategic performance needs of the club
Providing expert performance advice to the manager and board on all performance matters Working and improving on the strength and conditioning of the first team squad
Managing the key fitness, performance and sport science staff.

I mean that's essentially "a coach".
And, to get a Government Body Endorsement to be a "coach". The applicant needs;

To hold an undergraduate degree or masters in sport science or a related discipline. and

Been employed as a "Coach' for at least five years in a Top League or national association; or
have five years’ experience in similar elite sports.

So, in searching that loophole, the requirement has GOT WORSE - 'lexy would need FIVE years experience & a Degree. Lovely

(nod to robbiez666)
The regs specifically mention picking the team. To pick the team a non UK citizen needs a GBE
To get a GBE you need 24 months as a manager or go to an Exceptions Panel
If a non UK citizen got a work permit to do something "not picking the team" they'd have to wait 5 years (your "probationary period") before they could apply for UK settlement, which they might not get.
Then if they put enough ducks in a row, they might be eligible to pick the team.

I see!
It's all sewn up, and cut and dried then.
He's not coming. Move on.
We don't want Johnny Foreigner over here stealing all the best jobs anyway.
That's what we voted for on the Brexit vote.
Serves us right!
XD
Always preferred the Swansea guy anyway!

Look for anyone that's fed up, there is a clear loophole that we could exploit.
Sheffield United FC want a German manager, who has managed for ten minutes in Belgium.
Sheffield United need to apply to play in the Belgian First Division.
Much more plausible than some of the other ideas on here.

We're the Carrier Bag Firm
We're coming at it sideways

I see!
It's all sewn up, and cut and dried then.
He's not coming. Move on.
We don't want Johnny Foreigner over here stealing all the best jobs anyway.
That's what we voted for on the Brexit vote.
Serves us right!
XD
Always preferred the Swansea guy anyway!
It is not all sewn up. I'm pointing out the barriers we will have to negotiate. Crucially, whether we'd need to apply to the Exceptions Panel & let them decide.

In the main, the regs seem well written to me. With a panel you can appeal to.

I like the way some people are getting upset that we can't appoint some bloke who they'd never heard of 2 months ago and who hasn't managed a team for even a year in the Belgium first division.
I'll never be happy again

Back
Top Bottom