Well, Looks Like It's Happening...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nine Inch Nalis

Named like a girl, hung like a horse
Reaction score
"There’s always a short, medium and long term plan. That’s determined by other people by the way, that plan. I know which way I want to take the club. [Asked if those conversations are happening?] I think they should be, but they’re not.

and the biggest line without a doubt is that the Blades boss is unsure whether he’ll be at United next season - when asked the question outright, he answered: “I don’t know”.

The plan was to leave a legacy, to change things off the pitch which need changing, and stick with the players we’ve invested in and add a couple and try and bounce back. As simple as that.”
Asked if he wanted to stay at United, Wilder replied: “If we stick to the plan.”

Chris Wilder - pre-Villa press conference.

Reading between the lines here, Wilder is saying to the board... if we sell the whole lot when we're relegated i walk, so let's talk about the future now.

It's actually quite reassuring... or terrifying... i'm not actually sure... it all depends on what actually happens.

If he walks, it sets us back years

It sounds like the owners haven’t spoken about next season at all which is worrying. Tell you what if they make the wrong call here it could be a bumpy ride for them.

Ahhh, more deflection tactics in the form of thinly veiled digs at the board. Noice.
If the board haven’t discussed next season then why shouldn’t he have a dig. We have no idea what’s gone on or goes on behind the scenes, unfortunately we have two camps now. One camp is the bird have done everything they can hand the other camp back the manager. I don’t think the board have been terrible but there’s more to this than meets the eye. I’ve heard one or two whispers in the last few months and also the fact that we didn’t sign any of Chris’s first choice players.

It sounds like the owners haven’t spoken about next season at all which is worrying. Tell you what if they make the wrong call here it could be a bumpy ride for them.
To be fair Robbo, as you know, one of my big gripes with Wilder is we seem to not be using this time wisely to plan for next season at all. Still playing 3 players who definitely won't be here next season every week. And not giving our 23mil record signing any game time whatsoever. No minutes for our promising youth who might well be very useful next season.

So yeah. if it's the case the owners haven't spoken about next season it is worrying. But it's not like Chris is planning for it well either.

If he walks, it sets us back years
It depends who we get in. Maybe PA has a vision where we get a DoF and a first team coach. Get that right and it could be a good move. We know what happens if we get it wrong.

It’s starting to look like Wilder’s done. He’s reminding me of Poch when he started moaning and saying he might leave Spurs if they won the CL. It’s a shame, I’d have preferred him to stay and try to get us back up again. I wonder what we’ll be posting in three years time?

It depends who we get in. Maybe PA has a vision where we get a DoF and a first team coach. Get that right and it could be a good move. We know what happens if we get it wrong.

It’s starting to look like Wilder’s done. He’s reminding me of Poch when he started moaning and saying he might leave Spurs if they won the CL. It’s a shame, I’d have preferred him to stay and try to get us back up again. I wonder what we’ll be posting in three years time?

I've always been of the view that having a 'Director of Football' is a tinpot club's idea of what progress looks like.

If the board haven’t discussed next season then why shouldn’t he have a dig. We have no idea what’s gone on or goes on behind the scenes, unfortunately we have two camps now. One camp is the bird have done everything they can hand the other camp back the manager. I don’t think the board have been terrible but there’s more to this than meets the eye. I’ve heard one or two whispers in the last few months and also the fact that we didn’t sign any of Chris’s first choice players.
I’m seeing KM mark 2 but I hope I’m proved wrong on that. Same old, starts buying other clubs, puts his family on the board...

I think if we want to establish ourselves in the PL we need a DoF. All the best clubs have them, and those who don't have the wealth of the elite have them and a strategy to go with. We have one bloke managing the team, incomings, how the youth play, everything. It's far too big a job for one man.

Reading between the lines here, Wilder is saying to the board... if we sell the whole lot when we're relegated i walk, so let's talk about the future now.

It's actually quite reassuring... or terrifying... i'm not actually sure... it all depends on what actually happens.
Can only see 3 or 4 of our squad being offered deals with PL clubs, and the wages we offer will be decent for the Championship. I expect Wilder thinks that if we are to have a real crack at it we need to hang on to all our top players like Berge, Brewster. We can be pretty sure to get fees for Mousse and Lunny if they go.

With a fully fit squad next season and top additions like McB, Burke, Ampodu, Bogle, Berge still with us I'm sure we can put in a strong challenge.

I think if we want to establish ourselves in the PL we need a DoF. All the best clubs have them, and those who don't have the wealth of the elite have them and a strategy to go with. We have one bloke managing the team, incomings, how the youth play, everything. It's far too big a job for one man.
It’s pretty much what I’ve heard this. However to establish ourselves as a premier league club it needs some decent investment and that comes in the way of paying top wages. If we can’t do that then it doesn’t matter who the manager is or if we have a director of football. I would imagine this is what Wilder has been saying.

To be fair Robbo, as you know, one of my big gripes with Wilder is we seem to not be using this time wisely to plan for next season at all. Still playing 3 players who definitely won't be here next season every week. And not giving our 23mil record signing any game time whatsoever. No minutes for our promising youth who might well be very useful next season.

So yeah. if it's the case the owners haven't spoken about next season it is worrying. But it's not like Chris is planning for it well either.
I can’t really argue with this pal, it does seem strange that he’s isn’t playing Brewster. However again we don’t know what’s going off in training etc.

It’s pretty much what I’ve heard this. However to establish ourselves as a premier league club it needs some decent investment and that comes in the way of paying top wages. If we can’t do that then it doesn’t matter who the manager is or if we have a director of football. I would imagine this is what Wilder has been saying.
But Chris has always spoke of this wage structure, the importance of it and how we shouldn't break it.
And if we were to do that, along with offering players better wages, we'd have to bring all of our first teamers up by like 20k. It'd cost a fortune.

Also, there are scarce people wanting to lose money in football just at the moment. Investment will be tough.

I can’t really argue with this pal, it does seem strange that he’s isn’t playing Brewster. However again we don’t know what’s going off in training etc.
Indeed, I just find it odd.
If we can put players like Gordon, Maguire, Ndiaye, Brunt, Hackford on the bench, they must be good enough to play. Otherwise what's the point?
We are currently playing 3 defenders who won't be here next season in likelihood whilst we are leaving a potential diamond (or potential disaster) on the bench. But if we don't try him and give him a chance we'll never know.

It's annoying.

agree we could have pep in charge and even he wouldnt succeed if we cannot pay good enough salaries for premier league quality players you just cant survive in the modern era i hope chris stays but the vibes are not good on either side ive a feeling he wont be here much longer

Indeed, I just find it odd.
If we can put players like Gordon, Maguire, Ndiaye, Brunt, Hackford on the bench, they must be good enough to play. Otherwise what's the point?
We are currently playing 3 defenders who won't be here next season in likelihood whilst we are leaving a potential diamond (or potential disaster) on the bench. But if we don't try him and give him a chance we'll never know.

It's annoying.
Yes I think he has to give Brewster a good run if he is to be out first choice next season. With regards defenders I don’t think he has a great deal of choice with injuries.

Yes I think he has to give Brewster a good run if he is to be out first choice next season. With regards defenders I don’t think he has a great deal of choice with injuries.
I actually wouldn’t mind Bryan back next year he’s got a mistake in him but his delivery is very good and I think he’s probably a middling championship player right now and who knows he could continue to develop that’s not bad as back up to JOC.

Back
Top Bottom