Match Thread Fulham v. Sheffield United - 20th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FULH
FULH
FULH

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1613770133517.png v. 1613770140520.png
EPL Week 25 - Saturday 20th February 2021 -

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/fulham-vs-sheffield-united.533/

Officials:

Referee:
Martin Atkinson
Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 21.30.58.png

Nothing 'works' with McBurnie in the team. No tactical set up, no formation, nothing.
I know we are already down but I think we'd all like to watch our team play some decent football and put up a fight. It's virtually impossible when he's in the team, long ball, shorter to feet, into the channels, nothing works for him as he has no real strengths or discernible skill set.
At least we'll "defend set pieces better", though.
What a waste.
UTB
Exactly this Fred.

We never got on the ball. We were miles better against West Ham. Fraid this performance was shockingly bad.

That performance was abysmal. Terrible recruitment, terrible tactics, and terrible ingenuity and courage.
Which summarises 95% of the season.

We should have resigned Madine in Jan to at least win a few of these long aimless punts.

That’s on you Wilder “I’ve chosen a team that I think can win this football match” and “managers understand why I’ve made the selections people from a far may not understand” Yeah Scott Parker and the other managers in the division are rubbing their hands together turning to the assistant saying he fucking fallen for it. Can you explain to us fans why the team selection included no pace, creativity and a defender playing in midfield (which alone sounds fucking ridiculous) or was this just another statement of “I’m the boss” because we know and ATM we’re going out with a wimper.

I’m not actually bothered we have lost I’ve become numb to it, but losing like that against a side we are going to be competing with next season is not acceptable. Just imagine how toxic the lane would have been this season.

Wilder has REALLY fucked up this game. Wilder should go after that. Hideous performance!

Awful performance. Poor tactics and a baffling team selection but in fairness this is one of only a handful of occasions we’ve been really poor this season. Still the right man for the job but he can’t serve that up again

Norwich were in no way, shape or form as dire, toothless and abject as we are
Yes they were. They lost their last 10 matches in a row. Yet they keep their manager and players and are 7 points clear at the top. Anyone who wants shot of Wilder wants their head testing. He’s the best man to bring us back up. Has everyone forgotten the last 4 seasons? He’s had COVID and an injury crisis like no other to contend with. He’s not blameless but we shouldn’t get the knives out for the best manager we’ve had in the last 40 years.

It’s decision time for Wilder. Either show some spine and resign or show some bollocks, say I’ve got it wrong this season and I will change it. His interview after the worst display I’ve seen in two decades will answer my question.
Didn't see it, is that really the worst display in two decades or a post match overreaction?

Wilder really needs to say the right things in this press conference because if he comes out and talks about fine margins he is blatantly talking full on dangly hairy bollocks.

There was a huge gulf in class today and we didn’t lay a glove on them and that was his fault.

It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t say anything in the laws about getting the ball first. It’s about whether you impede the opponent, which he clearly did. Dangerous play as well.
It's not fucking netball

That result doesn't really matter in the scheme of things. But that team selection and setup raises massive questions for me. Wilder needs to sort his head out.
What should he have done different?

we all knew we were fcked without Egan but you all throw your toys out of the pram when we go to a team that’s just won at Everton and not surprisingly struggle with a makeshift team out , no matter how much you cry there was a lot of circumstances that contributed to that performance tonight ... a lot of you are like babbies!

Bizarre team selection for a must win game, sitting back against a relegation rival; with a makeshift back three, and then not reacting immediately to conceding.

Baffling, I can't get my head around how inept the players were tonight they should be ashamed. The shackles should truly be off now, have a fu&£in' go!!!!!

We should stick with Wilder, he's definitely the right manager for us, however tonight the following cannot be said after the game:

-We didnt lose this because of fine margins
-We didnt lose this because of Basham going off injured.....

Well if Bash doesn't go off injured Lookman Ampadu isn't there to let Lookman passed him.

But poor performance, I can only think Bogle isn't 100% so the plan was for him to come off the bench.

Abysmal. Automatic 3 points for anyone left for us to play. End our season now. Please.

Awful performance. Poor tactics and a baffling team selection but in fairness this is one of only a handful of occasions we’ve been really poor this season. Still the right man for the job he can’t serve that up again
Why is he the right man for the job based in what we have seen this season ?hiw does what we have seen this season give you any confidence for next season.
There us a malaise which is clearly apparent

The players have given up playing for him. Imagine your manager at work literally rollicking you every single week, for instance after the Leicester game last season when it was the end of a really good season and completely unnecessary.

Yes they’re paid well, but they’re human and they’re no longer playing for him.

I'm not so sure pal. Rewound it back and watched it again and Bogle definitely gets the touch.its the view from behind the goal that's the best one . Still doesn't take away how shit we were today though unfortunately.
Just done the same - you are right mate i think it should have been a pen.

Back
Top Bottom