Match Thread Fulham v. Sheffield United - 20th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FULH
FULH
FULH

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1613770133517.png v. 1613770140520.png
EPL Week 25 - Saturday 20th February 2021 -

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/fulham-vs-sheffield-united.533/

Officials:

Referee:
Martin Atkinson
Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 21.30.58.png

Didn't see it, is that really the worst display in two decades or a post match overreaction?
I don’t think so. Lack of effort by some, set out from the beginning to just hold out, a quarter of the team well past their sell by dates but who were given nonsensical lucrative contract extensions, does fuck all to change it, tactically naive, one trick pony. It’s the lack of effort that boils my fucking piss to the max. John Lundstrum is the new Jose Baxter, total cunt pinching a wage for sauntering about and Wilder should have nipped it in the bud last season. Wilder slaps the badge yet takes the fucking piss out of us playing this scouse cunt week after week. Does he take us for fucking mugs????

So.

Were not going out the front door after all then.

More a shady back door boogie. And turn your mobile off so your mates can't ring you to see were you've gone.

Man the FUCK UP Chris Wilder.

What should he have done different?

we all knew we were fcked without Egan but you all throw your toys out of the pram when we go to a team that’s just won at Everton and not surprisingly struggle with a makeshift team out , no matter how much you cry there was a lot of circumstances that contributed to that performance tonight ... a lot of you are like babbies!
Nah, that really was a shitshow. Were we holding back in the hope to pickup an easier 3 points against Liverpool. After all, they lost to Everton!

Ramsdale, Bryan and Jags were OK. Most anonymous. Lundstram, McBurnie and Wilder all get a thumbs down from me this evening.

Why is he the right man for the job based in what we have seen this season ?hiw does what we have seen this season give you any confidence for next season.
There us a malaise which is clearly apparent

Based on ....
Halifax- brilliant
Oxford- brilliant,
Northampton- brilliant
League 1 - brilliant
Championship- brilliant
Championship- brilliant
Premier League- brilliant
Premier league second season. On the wrong end of a lot of narrow score lines

We were shite tonight. I’m angry too

I don’t think so. Lack of effort by some, set out from the beginning to just hold out, a quarter of the team well past their sell by dates but who were given nonsensical lucrative contract extensions, does fuck all to change it, tactically naive, one trick pony. It’s the lack of effort that boils my fucking piss to the max. John Lundstrum is the new Jose Baxter, total cunt pinching a wage for sauntering about and Wilder should have nipped it in the bud last season. Wilder slaps the badge yet takes the fucking piss out of us playing this scouse cunt week after week. Does he take us for fucking mugs????
I didn't see it so I wasn't disagreeing, just it's some statement to say it's the worst performance in decades. They must have been turgid tonight.

It's been mentioned before this evening, but the 'journalists' paid to ask probing questions to get to the bottom of issues need to do just that tonight. What was the plan? Where was the fight? What was that starting line up? Why leave it so late with the subs? Do you have the fight and the dressing room for next season? But of course they won't...

I don't know the answer but I'd be interested how much the Fulham players that looked head and shoulders better, bigger, faster than anything we've got cost.

Can anyone explain why we can't take a bloody corner. The vast majority don't pass the first man. It's basic stuff to have got right and it's happening all season.
As for the rest of it. Midfield totally out classed. Not desire, work rate or control.

This ‘team’ are seriously testing my patience now. Shambles springs to mind - still, “it’s the Premier League”

You watched them every week then?
I watched all their game re runs with my Canary supporting best mate
Only two decent defenders away from mid table
Even on their long winless run they played some great football at pace just lacking at the back and in the box

I didn't see it so I wasn't disagreeing, just it's some statement to say it's the worst performance in decades. They must have been turgid tonight.
Didn’t think you were disagreeing Sport Billy, I wasn’t having a go, sorry. I’m venting. It’s not the most important thing in life lately but that was so bad, I can take losing that doesn’t bother me, but lack of effort I cannot and never will accept.

Yes they were. They lost their last 10 matches in a row. Yet they keep their manager and players and are 7 points clear at the top. Anyone who wants shot of Wilder wants their head testing. He’s the best man to bring us back up. Has everyone forgotten the last 4 seasons? He’s had COVID and an injury crisis like no other to contend with. He’s not blameless but we shouldn’t get the knives out for the best manager we’ve had in the last 40 years.
Answer me this, would you buy a season ticket to watch that? I wouldn’t, how many are thinking the same?

Didn’t think you were disagreeing Sport Billy, I wasn’t having a go, sorry. I’m venting. It’s not the most important thing in life lately but that was so bad, I can take losing that doesn’t bother me, but lack of effort I cannot and never will accept.
Usually on this forum you get a mixed bag of views, but it's almost unanimously negative this evening. Probably a reflection of the performance.

So.

Were not going out the front door after all then.

More a shady back door boogie. And turn your mobile off so your mates can't ring you to see were you've gone.

Man the FUCK UP BORIS Wilder.
Just fixed a spelling error for you

True but they had an appalling defence and we so open meaning they were thrashed most weeks.
Even though we’re crap we still hardly concede any goals. Every game is usually a close 1-0 defeat.

The thing that bothers me is that the players and manager seem to be happy accepting 1-0 defeats.
Its as though we‘re proud that we give every team a game and no team (even Man City) has come close to thrashing us.
We set up to make it difficult because we aren’t technically as good as most premiership opponents
Norwich didn’t they went for it

Doghsit. Looked like a lower league team scrapping for a surprise goal. Plucky you boys playing against professionals. I suspect Marine would have put in a better effort.

I'll be honest, it's the first time tonight since his poor start in League 1 that I thought about whether he needs to go or not. I don't think so, he deserves the chance next year, but my concerns are:

• Won't change the formation or style despite not having the players to play it through injury or it actually working for the last 30 games.
  • Won't sign players from foreign leagues (I don't believe Berge or the two loan signings his did his best never to play were his signings). I don't think he's going to change and that means we hit our ceiling last season.
  • Shocking tactics (regularly) and dreadful subs (regularly)

He's stubborn as a donkey which is not the attribute of a good manager.

Ramsdale - 6 - Did fine apart from the goal where it was far too easy for Lookman.
Stevens - 4 - Got forward well and had a half-assed shot - Looked like he was blowing out his arse most of the time. They played round him.
Bryan - 5 - Close to a couple of errors as he takes too long on the ball and fairly easy to play round but I guess passable for him
Jag - 6 - Despite his age he's a clever old pro. Knows where to be. Struggles a bit but fairly solid.
Bash - 5.5 - Did ok but they got round him too easily. too weak in the tackle and made a few iffy decisions
Baldock 5.5 - Cleared one off the line. Did ok but was second best a lot. hardly really got forward
Ampadu - 5 - They went through our midfield like a knife through butter. He didn't dictate the play he looks a bit like a rabbit in the headlights. No control
Fleck - 5.5 - Ropey pass first half and a decent cross. Not really influential at all. bit weak in defence.
Lundstram 5 - He loves to wander round a bit, do a posem, and foul players instead of putting effort in to track back.
McBurnie 5 - hassled their defenders a lot. Spend most of the game having running battles. Did little else
Sharp - 6 - Good pro, puts a shift in. Little service and not good enough to make anything himself.

Subs

Norwood - 4 First contribution was to hit the first man from a corner and looked a second away from a fuck-up for 25 minutes.
McGoldrick - 5 - No impact really. Got the ball a few times but too slow
Bogle - 5 - Did nothing little going forward in limited time and looked iffy at the back

Wilder - 1 - Despite the amount of injuries we had simply refused to do anything differently. Subs were late and shit. Record signing left on the bench. Tactically clueless. Couldn't affect a thing. Same tired changes. Blah blah blah. I'm sure he;ll have lot of things to blame but never himself. He never takes responsibility, unless we're doing well and then he basks in it.

Chris has taken us on a fantastic journey but unfortunately it’s come to an end with a car crash. Thanks for the memories but he’s got to go now as if we play like this for the rest of this season, we’ll be fighting a relegation battle in the Championship next year as we’ll have shattered All the confidence.

Not like the Sheffield United manager, whoever it is to become a special needs gibbering wreck.

The club should die a peaceful death and just fuck off and leave football to those clubs that moved from the 20th century into the 21st.

We haven't even reached the 20th yet, backward tactics, pathetic attitude to skill, creativity and style. It truly is the most abysmal fucking football club pound for pound that has ever competed at any level in the game.

Can turn extremely average, which is the best it's ever going to get, into an absolutely diabolical heap of stinking putrid garbage in a matter of months.

Mystic Raz predicts - Bash injury to be used as an excuse for this piss poor performance.

Post match interview, jumping on this. The game was gone before this.

Same quotes about fine margins and final 3rd quality. We were shocking EVERYWHERE on the pitch, we couldn’t get it to the final third.

This whole debate over the pen is just masking the performance for me. We get that and sneak a point, still not good enough. We needed wins, we set up to not lose.

Back
Top Bottom