Match Thread Fulham v. Sheffield United - 20th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FULH
FULH
FULH

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1613770133517.png v. 1613770140520.png
EPL Week 25 - Saturday 20th February 2021 -

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/fulham-vs-sheffield-united.533/

Officials:

Referee:
Martin Atkinson
Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 21.30.58.png

After some signs of improvement leading to some optimism, tedium has set in again. Not least because the sides we may have been able to catch have improved their results too. It seemed a tall order 6 weeks ago, and if anything the gap seems to have widened. I don't want a team of quitters but as missing players seem to grow in number it's getting more and more difficult to get the positive results... Hopefully we can get a win tonight though...

So...

Any team news? :)

Egan out 2 months...

Fleck still ill?

Any good news?

Fulham also have few out so perhaps everything will be OK. I dunno. Anyway I'll go optimistic. 3 to 1 Blades win... Lol

UTB

Depends which Fulham turn up. If it's the side that beat Everton, then we're going to get hammerd. If it's the side that played Burnley then we'll get something.

I suspect, given our lack of CB, Parker might play our player of the season, so there is that, at least.

Here we go Blades....best to start preparing for huge disapointment now, then it won't seem so bad later!

I did not realise until Wilder said in his pre match,that Fulham have been a prem side for 15 of the last 20 seasons,compares to our 3.

I think we will loyse 1-0.

With our patched up side another defeat tonight is on the cards.
2-0.

With anything like a full squad to select from we would have a chance tonight..

However now without Egan it’s a big ask.

I would take a point and finally get past Derby’s 11 points.

Last edited:
Any ideas how we replace Fleck, Egan, Norwood and Lundstram all in one go?

Got a sneaky feeling we'll do well tonight.

8-0 blades, jags hat trick, norwood brace, + a few more.

If we lose this we can forget Europe.
........... and possibly our pace in the Premier League.
At least we can then concentrate on getting more than 11 points.
It is always worthwhile having something to aim for.

I know this is an away game but I think we ought to go for a win and stop pussyfooting about.
Get McGoldrick playing behind a front two.
Let's face it, we have enough forwards to pick from.
(I hope we don't rue the day we didn't go for Maja!)

Fulham are better than us and tonight we will see it.

this going to be tough. because our biggest problem is we are 14th in premier league stats for big chances missed & 20th in goals scored. the most basic thing in football. is goals win games.
Might be a statement of the bleedin’ obvious, but this is it. Fewest goals in the division. We don’t make enough chances, and the ones we do make, we don’t have strikers consistent enough in converting them. There’s a hundred threads on here debating why - injuries, no fans, crap signings, etc etc etc - but the hard truth is 15 goals in 24 games is piss poor and we were never going to stay up with such total lack of threat in front of goal.

It‘s soul destroying losing to nil every week. Since we‘re already as good as relegated, why not give it a lash - why not lose 6-3 rather than three nil? Wouldn’t we feel better if we fired a few shots in anger?

Might be a statement of the bleedin’ obvious, but this is it. Fewest goals in the division. We don’t make enough chances, and the ones we do make, we don’t have strikers consistent enough in converting them. There’s a hundred threads on here debating why - injuries, no fans, crap signings, etc etc etc - but the hard truth is 15 goals in 24 games is piss poor and we were never going to stay up with such total lack of threat in front of goal.

It‘s soul destroying losing to nil every week. Since we‘re already as good as relegated, why not give it a lash - why not lose 6-3 rather than three nil? Wouldn’t we feel better if we fired a few shots in anger?

it was quite weird because as i sent that Southampton are their an hour later. proving that point. they barely had a kick all 1st half & with the only shot on target of the whole match. theyve scored taken a point

i always hold the Arsenal in fa cup quater final, everton game & Southampton game of end of the last season as perfect examples of what we've both said.

arsenal - battered them in 2nd half. didnt push on. arsenal had 1 attempt in stoppage time score & go to win the cup

Everton (include fulham in october) - it was dominance in 1st half all Sheffield United. everton have 1 shot in 46th min take all 3 points

Southampton - billy sharp couldve had a hat trick that day we miss & fanny ings burys the chances that we couldnt

You should check out some of the recent "Ladies" scores, from memory last few days one was 14 nil and one 10 nil I might start watching some games :D - maybe not :rolleyes:

Sounds 10x more entertaining than watching Norwood pass it back to Ramsdale/ oppositions striker for the 45th time tbh

Back
Top Bottom