Match Thread Fulham v. Sheffield United - 20th February 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FULH
FULH
FULH

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1613770133517.png v. 1613770140520.png
EPL Week 25 - Saturday 20th February 2021 -

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/fulham-vs-sheffield-united.533/

Officials:

Referee:
Martin Atkinson
Assistant Referee: Constantine Hatzidakis
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Fourth Official: Gavin Ward
Video Assistant Referee: Peter Bankes
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Andy Halliday

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 21.30.58.png

The line up says let’s defend and catch em out in second half. What this normally means is we concede in under 10 mins

I don’t necessarily mind that type of set up but only if we’ve got someone with a bit of pace up top. If that’s how we are setting up, we are getting fuck all with Sharp and McBurnie and no one to link it all together.

Bogle and McGoldrick have been playing reasonably well and carry a goal threat, and yet Wilder drops them for a must-win game,

The gaffer has lost his head and he’s lost my patience with it. He needs to go, it’s the end of an era, and we need a fresh start.

Bogle and McGoldrick have been playing reasonably well and carry a goal threat, and yet Wilder drops them for a must-win game,

The gaffer has lost his head and he’s lost my patience with it. He needs to go, it’s the end of an era, and we need a fresh start.
[/QUOTE

It's very possible we won't have a single shot on goal tonight.

Formation says pump it long and hope for the best to me.... Can’t see fleck being up to speed if he’s been rushed back. Might be wrong but can’t see any goals for us in this one as I’m not sure sharp and mcburnie has ever worked - Southampton away being the last experiment of it.

Also, Given he’s mainly played well not sure what Burke needs to do for a run in the side? About the only attacker that has something in his locker to worry an opposition defence

hopefully I’m wrong

Think a slight overreaction lol. But do think he has tunnel vision and needs someone with fresh eyes having a word in his ear

I just don’t understand how wilder sees sharp and McBurnie working. It literally never has
Nothing 'works' with McBurnie in the team. No tactical set up, no formation, nothing.
I know we are already down but I think we'd all like to watch our team play some decent football and put up a fight. It's virtually impossible when he's in the team, long ball, shorter to feet, into the channels, nothing works for him as he has no real strengths or discernible skill set.
At least we'll "defend set pieces better", though.
What a waste.
UTB

Geez not liking this lineup at all... Stevens lundstram undroppable apparently. Gonna pick we concede 3 minimum... Please someone put me out of my misery 😭
Wilder picks his favourites, can't understand how Baldock gets in ahead of bogle... We need to win games by attacking not defending...

Where has the idea come from that Bogle can play Central Midfield? Has he ever even played there before?
Nope not once as an academy player he’s played as a right winger, wide right in a 4 and at right back. I wouldn’t mind seeing him play any of those roles for us but not centremid.

Where has the idea come from that Bogle can play Central Midfield? Has he ever even played there before?
He would be playing RCM, which is similar to RB anyway for me. Baldock and Bogle both played really well together against Brighton.

He would be playing RCM, which is similar to RB anyway for me. Baldock and Bogle both played really well together against Brighton.

It isn’t at all similar to RB. And they might have played well together against Brighton but Bogle wasn’t playing Central Midfield in that game

What a set of fans some have turned into, believe in them stop with all the negative shit , were going to win

We may well be trying to keep it tight in the first half then go for it later in the game and introduce Bogle and Burke ;)
Sooooo 2 down at halftime. Then take jags off and put a striker on and aimlessly chase the game is what you mean lol??

P0
Wilder picks his favourites, can't understand how Baldock gets in ahead of bogle... We need to win games by attacking not defending...
I actually agree with George starting, the rest of the team though - Wilder's taking the piss

I don’t necessarily mind that type of set up but only if we’ve got someone with a bit of pace up top. If that’s how we are setting up, we are getting fuck all with Sharp and McBurnie and no one to link it all together.
you don't need someone to link things up if you are playing "long ball "

Great to see we've gone for old and slow at the back. Against a Fulham team with pace.

Given the £40 million strikeforce of Brewster and McBurnie is I presume going to start next season, why on earth are they not getting practice playing together? Have they ever played together? Maybe once?

Back
Top Bottom