Hassan Ayari

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Excellent point Badger Blade something I was going to bring up, don't forget Callum Robinson half a season at Championship level.

Brooks wasn't even a player that we really produced, its not like we signed him as an 7 year old and brought him through, he was cast off by Man City when he was 17. Wilder was ready to pack him off to Chesterfield too which would have either ruined him or single handedly kept them in the league, it was only the fact that Leon Clarke was our only fit striker that kept him here and then took him to Bournemouth.

He doesn't blood our own youth but will happily sign on other people's inexperienced players in the hope that they're Premier League quality (see McBurnie, Brewster, Ramsdale, Lowe, Bogle, Ampadu, Burke)
Brooks had a year for the U18s and then after wasn't physically ready for the U23s so played for one of our teams in a local youth league against the likes of Staveley, Harworth and Handsworth. Our academy deserves credit for turning a scrawny kid who wouldn't track back in to a full international.
Leon our only fit striker? The game at Hillsborough was Brooks' 15th appearance for us.
Doesn't blood our own youth? Wilder did play Ramsdale, Brooks, Calvert-Lewin and Slater.

Last edited:
Now that is something i can agree with you about .What a thrill for these lads being in a squad for the first team .Now we can have more sat on the bench what harm could it do to to have one of these guys sat there and maybe get a 15 min runout.After all we are all but down ,which i do not like saying but reality says we are , Nothing to lose
Personally, I would like to see an Internal Pathway. Where maybe "the top six" players from the "not out on loan" Academy train & travel on a rotating basis with the First Team for say a fortnight at a time. That would include traveling as part of the team & maybe getting an "official" seat on the bench for some games. (Don't kill me, but that might be easier in the Championship than the PL). Maybe even appoint a senior player each to mentor them a bit. With a strong - no fucking piss taking or bullying them - message. And an even stronger - this is the club we are, this is what we do - message.

That approach has always seemed a good shot for nothing, see how they get on opportunity to me.

(now we've moved on from the Ayari Flag, I'm thinking you'll agree)

There’s no reason why 2 of the academy prospects couldn’t have filled the remaining places on the bench last night.
Last time when the league was paused due to covid we separated the first team and academy sides completely they don’t share the same building, pitches or space at all. The academy lads get changed in a marquee in order to maintain this distance as they don’t receive the two tests a week the first team lads do. I’d imagine the club weren’t prepared to breach this separation especially as covid seems to be wide spread within the first team setup.

Last time when the league was paused due to covid we separated the first team and academy sides completely they don’t share the same building, pitches or space at all. The academy lads get changed in a marquee in order to maintain this distance as they don’t receive the two tests a week the first team lads do. I’d imagine the club weren’t prepared to breach this separation especially as covid seems to be wide spread within the first team setup.
👍 that answers my post very clearly indeed, thanks.

Be careful of throwing a kid into a toxic atmosphere, a losing environment, a hostile situation, that may actually set his development back a step or two.

For instance.

Good youngsters play well in sides that are playing well. Chuck then in a shitshow & they may become marked as Shitshowers
Totally agree. Some have started calling one of our new lads lowe-iq and he's played at championship level. Bogle has played a short 2nd half cameo and now disappeared again. As soon as Tottenham bought walker he was out on loan again. Because of our sojourn in div 3 we can't afford to wait. Even Stevens was in a similar situation at the start of his career with villa who were looking at kids from the championship and that's were they ended up but Edna had to drop down the leagues to get his career rebooted.
It's exciting seeing a Brookes in the 1st team, getting people up out of the seats doing something unexpected. I think with var we are better protected in the prem than the champ when it comes to giving the youth a go.
I think that shot that young Reed took against spurs when he maybe should have played in Adams in the cup got in his head and he went backwards from there. You don't know how it would affect someone so young being in a team low on confidence.
Berge was always looking to move into space but those around him couldn't read it for some reason and became static. Then ends up turning back with the ball as no one is moving to get the ball until he too starts getting called a waste of money.
This happened with Deane, the first time we sold him. Went to an away game at soton and surprised at the level of abuse he was getting as he was carrying the team at that point.

Disclaimer. I'm in no way attempting to slag Hassan off. Naturally, I love the kid. I hope he kicks on & makes our first team as soon as realistically possible. I'm just pushing the bigger picture.

Have a look at this Youth Cup line up from THIS YEAR. Hassan came on as a late Sub.

In 2020/21 Under 23s
Zak Brunt has played 8, scored 5
Nigel Jebbison has played 7, scored 3
Frankie Maguire has played 9
Harry Boyes is out on loan playing with Big Lads for Bradford Park Avenue. (I think he might just have a shot at a L2 loan in the January Window)
Hassan has yet to debut for the U23s

All I'm saying is that if we dig deep & grab an Academy Lad for the full first team experience - these have an equal shot to Hassan in my view.

(And of course, there are also the very experienced youngsters like Broadbent who were too old for that Youth Cup squad)

View attachment 101769
Nigel Jebbison?? 🙂

Brooks wasn't even a player that we really produced, its not like we signed him as an 7 year old and brought him through, he was cast off by Man City when he was 17. Wilder was ready to pack him off to Chesterfield too which would have either ruined him or single handedly kept them in the league, it was only the fact that Leon Clarke was our only fit striker that kept him here and then took him to Bournemouth.

He doesn't blood our own youth but will happily sign on other people's inexperienced players in the hope that they're Premier League quality (see McBurnie, Brewster, Ramsdale, Lowe, Bogle, Ampadu, Burke)
Didn't we cancel Brooks' loan largely as a result of his performances in the Toulon tournament?
Ramsdale played a full PL season for Bournemouth & was England U21 keeper, so hardly inexperienced.

There are surely young players that would freeze if thrown into the first team too early.

But the one that looks closest to the first team, Brunt, seems to have fabulous composure. He seems to have been training with the first team in regular spells for quite some time. In one of the pre season games last summer he looked excellent. If Mousset had been a bit more focused Brunt would have made a superb assist. While Slater is probably a more "safe" selection - won't make himself, nor the manager, look stupid, but maybe not add something outstanding either - Brunt looks to have flair, vision and a great touch. If anything a tough introduction to first team football may spur him on even more.

He may have things to learn, but a few of our first team players seem to be getting 2/10 ratings by Deadbat every week, so how 'risky' would it be to try a youngster, at least have him on the bench when there are noone else?

Personally, I would like to see an Internal Pathway. Where maybe "the top six" players from the "not out on loan" Academy train & travel on a rotating basis with the First Team for say a fortnight at a time. That would include traveling as part of the team & maybe getting an "official" seat on the bench for some games. (Don't kill me, but that might be easier in the Championship than the PL). Maybe even appoint a senior player each to mentor them a bit. With a strong - no fucking piss taking or bullying them - message. And an even stronger - this is the club we are, this is what we do - message.

That approach has always seemed a good shot for nothing, see how they get on opportunity to me.

(now we've moved on from the Ayari Flag, I'm thinking you'll agree)
Now you are talking could not agree more.Having a policy like that could even be attractive to top young guys deciding what club to join if they have a choice.Knowing they have a chance mixing it with the first team squad on match days would be really attractive to them.Having a bigger bench on match days allows for this even if they never get on the pitch .Now you might think i have gone mad when i say if the circumstances are right on the day they could get 10 or 15 mins on the pitch.How good would that make them feel ?what a shot in the arm that would be for them.I am a big believer in a carrot and stick method .Discipline mixed with encouragement and hope always seems to have worked for me when i was a youth.

Now you are talking could not agree more.Having a policy like that could even be attractive to top young guys deciding what club to join if they have a choice.Knowing they have a chance mixing it with the first team squad on match days would be really attractive to them.Having a bigger bench on match days allows for this even if they never get on the pitch .Now you might think i have gone mad when i say if the circumstances are right on the day they could get 10 or 15 mins on the pitch.How good would that make them feel ?what a shot in the arm that would be for them.I am a big believer in a carrot and stick method .Discipline mixed with encouragement and hope always seems to have worked for me when i was a youth.

Isn't that quite commonplace?
Harry Kane went to Orient. Even Goldenballs Beckham went to Preston.
I would not say Preston was a outback club.

There’s no reason why 2 of the academy prospects couldn’t have filled the remaining places on the bench last night.

Yeah, quite a sad state of affairs that Wilder really doesn’t seem to rate our youngsters at the moment.

Even if they are just there to make up the numbers on the bench, our youngsters need to see that a path is there to the first team.

Oddly Wilder thinks our inexperienced youth players are Lowe and Bogle. I am sure that’s what he alluded to the other day in an interview.

Like this idea . Instead of developing other teams youth we should be seeing how ours do within the first team environment.
The loan market should be reserved for getting someone in who's an outstanding player already and we want to see their attitude and if they can settle in before spending a large sum of money.

Helps if they sound foreign really adds an air of the exotic and a bit of mystique when in reality they’re from somewhere dull and ordinary like chesterfield, shire brook or any number of Sheffield boroughs. Just like the rest of us
His real name is Andy Capp*. He changed it to see if it would help him get ahead.

* fake news

His real name is Andy Capp*. He changed it to see if it would help him get ahead.

* fake news
Rookie error he’ll be sent to Sheffield fc now on a two year loan to clean out the bogs.

The position the club is in is dire with no hope of pulling it around so we have nothing to lose .I am sick to the back teeth of listening to radio Sheffields commentary on yet another 1 0 defeat knowing very well that a opposition goal means we have lost .At 70 years old I have more chance of scoring with a bloody super model than my football club have of getting on the score board.Watching the players falling to their knees and looking dejected at the final whistle of every match tells it;s own story.Plenty of hard work is not enough in the prem .at Burnley we had 70% possession and not a hope of a goal.We had not got the flair or the courage or the nerve to create chances and try something different to open them up.We did not have a young'un without any nerves who was full of energy confidence or who was full of arrogance to take them on or even have a bloody shot. This young lad has all that our first team is lacking apart from experience and he won't get that watching from the stands .We have NOTHING to lose and maybe plenty to gain .A 20 min run out would not hurt no one because we know we will have lost the game anyway.
Wilder has said we dont have any youngsters ready to be pitched into the cauldron of premiership football,if we had he would use them.
Careful is the way forward with young players we have a few good ones who may come through! Pushing them into pressure situations can be harmful to there development.
As Phil has stated let them develop the club will know when opportunity knocks for some of them.

Back
Top Bottom