Hassan Ayari

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m with Ball_Sup (Phil) on this. The only ones anywhere near being considered for our first team are out on loan.

The generally accepted pathway into first team football at PL level seems to be (rightly or wrongly) is U18’s > U23’s > Loans at various levels > first team squad > first team.

The days of risking a kid seem to have gone unless they are a world beater. The reasons are numerous but the scrutiny of fans and media and the advent of social media could mean that a young kid, who 15 years ago might get 10 games to prove their credentials, now needs to be an instant hit or get battered in the media, on forums and on Twitter/FB.

I’d say Ayari might find himself on loan in January or the summer and then have a chance back with us if he excels on loan. It might even be a league 1/2 loan then a championship loan before being near our team.

That assumes that we are still in the PL of course, we might be in a position to give youngsters a bash next season if not.

There’s an article on BBC, that I read yesterday about a kid at Dortmund, who is going through a similar experience. There are just some exceptional talents out there, that are just on a different level and everyone can see it. They naturally understand football, where to run, when to pass etc. It’s all a question of how they are managed. Bellingham sounds like he is very well grounded and good luck to him, they have to sacrifice a lot but the rewards are huge
I read this yesterday, the kids sounds exceptional and with any luck he’ll be the same at first team level, but many before him have failed after having sparkling youth careers.

If he can score dead ball situations like that ( on the video clip ), he's worth his place in the squad for that alone

The ghosting past players might work every now & then ( but unless you let him try you'll never know

Gerrimin

There’s an article on BBC, that I read yesterday about a kid at Dortmund, who is going through a similar experience. There are just some exceptional talents out there, that are just on a different level and everyone can see it. They naturally understand football, where to run, when to pass etc. It’s all a question of how they are managed. Bellingham sounds like he is very well grounded and good luck to him, they have to sacrifice a lot but the rewards are huge

Moukoko? They’ve altered the minimum age requirement for the bundesliga this year so Dortmund can give him first team minutes if they want too i was listening to a tifo podcast in preseason where they had a German journalist on who was saying Dortmund already have him ear marked as the successor to haaland or sancho whichever is sold first.

I've been corrected on this thread already. So, take note of that track record. But, I'll point out that Ayari has yet to make his debut for Sheffield United U23. Talk of a loan to men's football seems premature.

I read this yesterday, the kids sounds exceptional and with any luck he’ll be the same at first team level, but many before him have failed after having sparkling youth careers.
Yes true, but normally the core of the really exceptional young talents make it, Rooney, Gerrard, etc. The ones that go straight into the 1st team and stay there. The ones just below this level are a bit more mixed as to whether they succeed or not, mainly due to how well supported and not exploited, they are

Maybe in your world, yes. But in the real world he gives priority to players who are better than kids with potential. And certainly a team fighting for our lives against relegation is not the nurturing ground for very young, very (as in 'none') inexperienced potential (with potential being the key word) talent.
Haha! You've just described the very reason I've been saying we shouldn't be playing Brewster!
Nice one!

I’d say Ayari might find himself on loan in January or the summer and then have a chance back with us if he excels on loan. It might even be a league 1/2 loan then a championship loan before being near our team.
I can't recall us sending any academy lads on loan to league clubs before they've moved on from the U18s?
Ball_Sup (Phil) ??

Haha! You've just described the very reason I've been saying we shouldn't be playing Brewster!
Nice one!
To be fair mate, you are right there! I think it's too much too soon for him. But he's an anomaly to the argument because he's a largely unproven talent with potential AND a £20m plus signing. When Moose is fitter I wouldn't be surprised to see Brewster/Moose/Burke doing shifts each on/off the bench.

Did he? He never asked my permission. Happy to be corrected.
He was meant to be going to Chesterfield on loan in 2017 before he had a blinder for the U21's in Toulon!

We changed our mind, decided to play him, and he's been in Jack Hunt's nightmares ever since

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201121-143916.png
    Screenshot_20201121-143916.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 9
and that is the reason Sheffield United have condemned Chesterfield to non league.
😆

He was meant to be going to Chesterfield on loan in 2017 before he had a blinder for the U21's in Toulon!

We changed our mind, decided to play him, and he's been in Jack Hunt's nightmares ever since
We sent them Louie reed instead what a diverse trajectory his and Adams careers have taken after both looking impressive against spurs in the cup

I can't recall us sending any academy lads on loan to league clubs before they've moved on from the U18s?
Ball_Sup (Phil) ??
Occasionally, U18 lads have gone on very short loans to very local Step 5 & Step 6 clubs like Hallam (& sometimes Step 4 Sheffield). Maybe a month. To help them out if they're struggling for a keeper or a striker. Or if we've got a "blocked position" with too many kids competing & not enough game time. eg Ryan Viggars to Sheffield. Those loans have different objectives to - send him out for a good bit to learn a lot. Sometimes, you barely hear about those one monthers. Under the radar

In fairness to Reed he's making a living from the game most players don't do that.
I’m not knocking him like you day he’s a successful academy alumni along with whitehouse, mcfadzean and Ironsides out of the FA youth cup squad. I’m just saying I had him on a par with adams at the time.

On the lastest 4 Blades in a pub podcast Jamie Hoyland talks about his admiration of Martin Dobson, then Bury manager who taught them how to 'become proferssional footballers'.

This may well be the case for this young man. He may have all the skills in the world but if he isn't taught and guided on how to carry this through to becoming a professional then he may disappear like so many others.

There may well be posters on here who could have made it in the game but were never shown that missing link between kicking a ball about with your mates and making the grade.

Diego could fall into this bracket.

That's the lad with the crazy highlight reel from the training ground.

We need the next Brooks to come through, and this lad could be him.

Seems like a lovely kid too from what I've read.

Without wishing to spuriously right off our emerging talent, I'm not keen on his haircut, so it's a 'no' from me.

Yes he sounds like a really good young'un . It looks like we are on the way down so would love Wilder to give him a 15 min run out .It would be amazing for the lad and it would be nice for us fans to see what is in the pipe line. What have we got to lose.?

Yes he sounds like a really good young'un . It looks like we are on the way down so would love Wilder to give him a 15 min run out .It would be amazing for the lad and it would be nice for us fans to see what is in the pipe line. What have we got to lose.?
How does it work with the academy players in January? Do we just make room in the first team squad then draft them straight in?

I think he plays for the youngest adult development team though doesn't he? The one younger than the Brunt/Hackford team.

Occasionally, U18 lads have gone on very short loans to very local Step 5 & Step 6 clubs like Hallam (& sometimes Step 4 Sheffield). Maybe a month. To help them out if they're struggling for a keeper or a striker. Or if we've got a "blocked position" with too many kids competing & not enough game time. eg Ryan Viggars to Sheffield. Those loans have different objectives to - send him out for a good bit to learn a lot. Sometimes, you barely hear about those one monthers. Under the radar
We - Berkhamsted FC, Step 4 - take kids from Barnet from time to time on this basis. Young lads come to us for a month, play four or five competitive games of men’s football and tend to look pretty decent. Several have gone back and signed pro contracts at Barnet, before going out on loan again, maybe a level or two higher. Plenty of this going on, as Ball_Sup (Phil) says, but it’s a far cry from being ready for first team professional football.

How does it work with the academy players in January? Do we just make room in the first team squad then draft them straight in?

I think he plays for the youngest adult development team though doesn't he? The one younger than the Brunt/Hackford team.
I am not at all sure mate to be honest.I do think the way things are going we have not got a prayer of stopping up which i do not like saying but we have to face reality .We now need to think of the future of the club and the future is the young'uns.We are not loaded and we can not attract enough quality to the club because of our wages structure so it is time to unleash some of our academy lads and give them a taster .We have nothing to lose really.A lot of our first teamers have burnt out their motors .they have done us proud in the past but some are struggling and it's sad to see it but we have to move on .Stevens ,Fleck and our Billy who have been really good for us have started to flag and lose form.The young one on loan at Luton looks a great prospect at left back and they love him down there and he is already a full international. Hassan is getting rave reports and scores goals for fun and without a nerve in his body and is full of confidence .I know he is just a lad but other clubs seem to blood them early why not us.

I am not at all sure mate to be honest.I do think the way things are going we have not got a prayer of stopping up which i do not like saying but we have to face reality .We now need to think of the future of the club and the future is the young'uns.We are not loaded and we can not attract enough quality to the club because of our wages structure so it is time to unleash some of our academy lads and give them a taster .We have nothing to lose really.A lot of our first teamers have burnt out their motors .they have done us proud in the past but some are struggling and it's sad to see it but we have to move on .Stevens ,Fleck and our Billy who have been really good for us have started to flag and lose form.The young one on loan at Luton looks a great prospect at left back and they love him down there and he is already a full international. Hassan is getting rave reports and scores goals for fun and without a nerve in his body and is full of confidence .I know he is just a lad but other clubs seem to blood them early why not us.
Just seen this now..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201228-172904_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201228-172904_Chrome.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 58

Back
Top Bottom