CONFIRMED Oliver Burke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure if anyone posted this article here, from last month. Free trials available.

In short says he's incredibly fast with skill, but struggles with positioning and tactics unless he's bottle fed instructions by a manager. Had a good spell (brief) before Brendan Rodgers left Celtic who told him exactly what to do.

Playing RWB for us might work after a lot of training sessions? I can't really remember him personally, and not YouTubed him yet.

Great article, especially the part regarding Joe Worrall saying he could be some much better with the extra hours etc, because 100% is the minimum for Wilder so i can see this being a good partnership if he gets his down and does put the hours in

We've paid 20 m
We have a wage budget ,pay one player 45 and the rest will want the same

That would be a wage bill of 54 million pounds
Our wage billnlast season was 56 because the basic pay is half that with incentivised bonuses

We finished 9th last season with this in place and could have finished higher if not for covid

Hope that clears things up enough that you can stop constantly posting the same ignorant and un informed post over and over again

Why will they all want the same? Have we got pay scales at the club?

If we cant pay 15m and 45k in the premier league then there is something seriously wrong.
George...we can but not to back up players. Put a 21 yr old reserve left back on 45k and you'd have anarchy in the rest of the squad. And its not just we cant pay that, Wilder won't want to.

Our top players should be and will be earning that...if not now then when their contracts are renegotiated.

What's clear is when Wilder has wanted to push the boat out hes been backed by the owner, 10m Moose, 18m McBurnie, 23m Berge, ...im sure a lot of us were surprised at the size of a lot of those deals at the time....and now 18m on Ramsdale.

So unlike in the past the money is there and can be spent but on the right players not back ups.

You don't a pay an (initial) reserve left back from Wigan 50k a week when your best players are on 20k

Hence why Fulham had a free run at him and no one else was interested once the 50k a week wages were mentioned

What's Robinson got to do with anything? My question wasn't about him, it's the general point that we seemingly can't pay any player £45k a week cause they'll all be demanding the same.

We've paid 20 m
We have a wage budget ,pay one player 45 and the rest will want the same

That would be a wage bill of 54 million pounds
Our wage billnlast season was 56 because the basic pay is half that with incentivised bonuses

We finished 9th last season with this in place and could have finished higher if not for covid

Hope that clears things up enough that you can stop constantly posting the same ignorant and un informed post over and over again

That means nothing that was last season that is not how progress works i am afraid.

George...we can but not to back up players. Put a 21 yr old reserve left back on 45k and you'd have anarchy in the rest of the squad. And its not just we cant pay that, Wilder won't want to.

Our top players should be and will be earning that...if not now then when their contracts are renegotiated.

What's clear is when Wilder has wanted to push the boat out hes been backed by the owner, 10m Moose, 18m McBurnie, 23m Berge, ...im sure a lot of us were surprised at the size of a lot of those deals at the time....and now 18m on Ramsdale.

So unlike in the past the money is there and can be spent but on the right players not back ups.

I agree with that 45k for back up players for a team like ours would be pushing it.

I am talking about first team players though and it is so frustrating when you see so many saying we cant afford this cant afford that.

They talk as is we are a championship club still.

How long is wilder going to settle for doing everything on the cheap and getting out done on wages by mediocre clubs.He must be looking at managers like Parker ,smith and potter thinking why are they getting rewarded better than me when I’m performing so high.I get that its hard but i do worry if we don’t keep raising the bar .

How long is wilder going to settle for doing everything on the cheap and getting out done on wages by mediocre clubs.He must be looking at managers like Parker ,smith and potter thinking why are they getting rewarded better than me when I’m performing so high.I get that its hard but i do worry if we don’t keep raising the bar .
Brighton, Villa and Fulham have billionaire owners. I think Wilder knows what he's got to deal with and is OK with it.
Unless you've got a couple of hundred million you don't mind losing, in which case I'm sure he'd gladly take it.

That means nothing that was last season that is not how progress works i am afraid.

you might not be up to date with World news but there was a little thing called Covid since then, stopped fans going to the ground estimated by Deloitte to have cost EPL clubs collective 1 Billion pounds only have it estimates will be recovered over time. This little thing kinda fucked with clubs budgets

Arsenal, Villa , Burnley, Palace, Everton, Liverpool, Manure, Newcastle, Spurs (depending on if you count Hojberg), & Wolves have spent a grand total collectively of £0 so far.

So give your head a wobble and a bit of perspective on what progress is right now in terms of spend.

Parker has spent £2 million
Smith has spent £0
Potter has spent F all aswell Veiltman was 900k not sur ehow much the ther lad was but he was cheap.

Chris has spent a reported £18.5 million and he had a better squad than all 3 to begin with. Im sure hes looking at them in envy . Roll eyes

Brighton, Villa and Fulham have billionaire owners. I think Wilder knows what he's got to deal with and is OK with it.
Unless you've got a couple of hundred million you don't mind losing, in which case I'm sure he'd gladly take it.
I understand that pal and I’m not having a go at United .But I still worry wilder will grow tired of it eventually.

From an interview about his time in Alaves:

2EAAE542-614D-4D55-A7C8-A68FB0702130.jpeg
Seems a great fit - throwing shit back in doubters’ faces is the backbone of this team!

I reckon with CWAK tactically pupeteering him from the sidelines we will one day look back at getting this guy and £4mil for Callum Robinson as a deal so good that it makes even the biggest win from Deal or No Deal look like the Banker cleaned his arse with the winners tongue by comparison.

Parker has spent £2 million
Smith has spent £0
Potter has spent F all aswell Veiltman was 900k not sur ehow much the ther lad was but he was cheap.

Chris has spent a reported £18.5 million and he had a better squad than all 3 to begin with. Im sure hes looking at them in envy . Roll eyes
I’m more talking about the Robinson wages situation.And reportedly been priced away from Watkins and possibly matty cash .

I’m more talking about the Robinson wages situation.And reportedly been priced away from Watkins and possibly matty cash .
Villa spent £150 Million last season, and will spend £100M this year and I dare say the same next season too.
I'd like to think that we'll be able to go toe to toe with Brighton and Fulham, but we are at least a season behind them and we need to build our revenue streams first.

Why would we pay a backup as much as Fulham have foolishly, for a guy whos unproven. We mght look back in 5 years and go yep that was one that go away or we might this time be chuckling like we were with Villa when they Spunked 15 million on Matt Targatt who looked league 1 at best last year.

Why would we pay 15 million for Cash, hes not worth that. Just because Bettis has a semblance of sease and doesnt want to go wasting money doesnt mean Chris will be unhappy about the situation. We dont have money to waste, Chris knows that he also knows they board will back him when the right deal is there to be made like they did with Berge.

People need to take a deep breath here, yes we are all scarred by years of disappointment and hurt but the board or Chris have given none of us a reason to doubt they have a plan that they believe they can pull off in terms of the squad

Why would we pay a backup as much as Fulham have foolishly, for a guy whos unproven. We mght look back in 5 years and go yep that was one that go away or we might this time be chuckling like we were with Villa when they Spunked 15 million on Matt Targatt who looked league 1 at best last year.

Why would we pay 15 million for Cash, hes not worth that. Just because Bettis has a semblance of sease and doesnt want to go wasting money doesnt mean Chris will be unhappy about the situation. We dont have money to waste, Chris knows that he also knows they board will back him when the right deal is there to be made like they did with Berge.

People need to take a deep breath here, yes we are all scarred by years of disappointment and hurt but the board or Chris have given none of us a reason to doubt they have a plan that they believe they can pull off in terms of the squad
Fair point

Robinson at £40k per week would have made him our second highest earner... for someone who would be brought in as competition to our current, first choice left back. Not going to happen.

Every player has his worth, and personally I don’t think either Watkins or Cash are worth the current speculated cost (especially Watkins). Being priced out is one thing, not willing to part with absurd asking prices is another.

Maybe others have seen more of Burke than I have. What little I have seen of him he has looked very limited.

Maybe this window and the teams we're competing against with their finances, show why people (myself included) think finishing 17th this coming season would be success.

I've learned not to write much off under Wilder but expecting better than 9th with our finances isn't realistic imho.

Remember when Forest sold Burke to RB in the midst of their financial meltdown under Fawaz. Basically, they were the only club offering all the money up front, whilst he was highly coveted that was the selling point.

When he was sold Forest fans were in uproar as he at the time was the best prospect they’d had in years and I think some fans of theirs would have him back. His careers gone to the wayside a little, but it in nowhere compares to Morrison etc.

If Wilder can get a tune from McGoldrick than he’s got more a chance with Burke.

Who do you have in mind?

To be fair I don’t know enough about foreign leagues to have a suggestion, but anyone who’s maybe experience of champions league, played in another top league like la Liga or bundesliga...International.
Someone who fancies a go in England and just has that top class.
We did it before with Speed, and McCall I suppose but this time perhaps with a bit of flair rather than industry.

Back
Top Bottom