Mcburnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lundstam seems to have won a fair few fans over with his recent performances so of course they now need a new scapegoat, looks to me like McBurnie will be it due to the price tag. McGoldrick has had more chances so far and failed to put any away, McBurnie has had two or three chances and put two away although the effort today was ruled out. McGoldrick looks more pleasing on the eye but McBurnie will score more goals I reckon.

Price tag, agendas, or otherwise.

Majestic header vs Leicester aside, been poor. Worryingly poor tbph.

Hate to think them Jacks have had our pants down. Starting to look like a distinct possibility 😞.

UTB

And there you go ,you have always loved a scapegoat though.
Explain, why that is scapegoating ?

I have reservations. True. Have previously explained why. Constructively (as always).

Happy to give praise when due (majestic header, or did you miss that bit ?!) but also pointing out what, to anyone that truly understands what good looks like, where there are glaringly obvious deficiencies.

The gerritforrardtutbiglad brigade can protest us much as they like. Doesn’t change the facts.

Does it ?

UTB

Che was the nailed on vfm £15m striker for us this summer - a total beast - but either there were insurmountable personal differences with CW (which I doubt) or Soton pay higher than our wage-structure can withstand.

McBurnie needs to stop squabbling & moaning on the pitch + off the pitch he should get in the gym for some strengthening without slowing his pace.

The nearest thing we have , to an athletic Prem quality striker , is the Moose - when's he gonna get a run of starts ?

Took him off as he was just getting into the game and causing issues. Laughable..

McGoldrick who missed 2 he should've scored played 90 minutes. Baffling.

Thought he was limping at the time he was hauled off

Whilst he looks a handful, I’m not sure he looks a £20m handful

Needs time to adjust to our style and the rigours of the Prem imo

The nearest thing we have , to an athletic Prem quality striker , is the Moose - when's he gonna get a run of starts ?

When he gets fit?

He’s our quickest and most powerful striker, but I suspect he’s still got a way to go, before he’s in condition to challenge for a place in the starting line up :confused:

Explain, why that is scapegoating ?

I have reservations. True. Have previously explained why. Constructively (as always).

Happy to give praise when due (majestic header, or did you miss that bit ?!) but also pointing out what, to anyone that truly understands what good looks like, where there are glaringly obvious deficiencies.

The gerritforrardtutbiglad brigade can protest us much as they like. Doesn’t change the facts.

Does it ?

UTB
You constructive? BOLLOCKS!

McGoldrick offered way more than McBurnie did. Made perfect sense to take McBurnie off to me.

If thats the case, why not bring off McGoldrick for Sharp and then switch Lunny for Freeman, and push Freeman up the pitch with Sharp and McBurnie infront of Freeman. The subs were bizarre today.

If thats the case, why not bring off McGoldrick for Sharp and then switch Lunny for Freeman, and push Freeman up the pitch with Sharp and McBurnie infront of Freeman. The subs were bizarre today.

I’m saying McGoldrick offered way more, why would I take him off sorry?

I don’t think there’s anything bizarre about bringing in two strikers when you’re losing.

On another day we win this game and it all makes sense.

I’m saying McGoldrick offered way more, why would I take him off sorry?

I don’t think there’s anything bizarre about bringing in two strikers when you’re losing.

On another day we win this game and it all makes sense.

Because McGoldrick came back from a midweek international out of the country with a shoulder injury. And we didn't bring in two extra strikers we brought on like for like replacements. It would have made more sense to get Freeman on the pitch to create stuff for Billy and McBurnie, rather than keeping on a tired McGoldrick, who may offer more but doesn't offer a goalscoring side, which was evident today.

Because McGoldrick came back from a midweek international out of the country with a shoulder injury. And we didn't bring in two extra strikers we brought on like for like replacements. It would have made more sense to get Freeman on the pitch to create stuff for Billy and McBurnie, rather than keeping on a tired McGoldrick, who may offer more but doesn't offer a goalscoring side, which was evident today.

Mousset came on for Lundstram and Robinson came on for Basham. How is that like for like?

We created plenty with the changes we made. we had a lot of chances. We should easily have scored once at least and if Billy doesn’t get sent off, I still fancied us for a point.

Mousset came on for Lundstram and Robinson came on for Basham. How is that like for like?

We created plenty with the changes we made. we had a lot of chances. We should easily have scored once at least and if Billy doesn’t get sent off, I still fancied us for a point.

I'm specifically talking about the McBurnie sub.

I'm specifically talking about the McBurnie sub.

Ah ok. You did say the subs were bizarre and that we didn’t bring on two extra strikers though.

McBurnie offered very little I thought. He plays like a target man but doesn’t seem strong enough to be one. He doesn’t beat people, doesn’t create much and obviously isn’t making the runs he needs to get the ball.

I’m sure he’ll get better, but he’s not offering much on today’s showing. Billy offered way more in the short time he was on.

Regular strike partnerships is the answer. Look back and you will notice that the great ones all had different but complimentary styles. Sharp and McGoldrick last season. Henri and Bergcamp, Shearer and Ferdinand, Keegan and Toshack etc.

Give McBurnie a regular strike partner, who compliments has style, and watch them, and the team soar above the ordinary. With the choices available on the books now, it can't be that difficult surely?

My preference would be for McBurnie and Mousett to have a go, sorry Billy. :)

People are been harsh. McBurnie's job is to score goals. He's had 2 clear chances this season (and one half chance vs Bournemouth that deflected to Sharp) and took them both.

He's fine. He's proved if he gets the chance, he's a good enough finisher to take it. I predict he'll bag around 10-12 goals for us this season.

People are been harsh. McBurnie's job is to score goals. He's had 2 clear chances this season (and one half chance vs Bournemouth that deflected to Sharp) and took them both.

He's fine. He's proved if he gets the chance, he's a good enough finisher to take it. I predict he'll bag around 10-12 goals for us this season.

Is £20m really worth that return though? I know McBurnie didn't decide his price tag but that's what is making people balk.

He is very raw, and could well improve, but that's the sort of player you shell out half that money for.

Haven’t seen anything that justifies his price tag,
Che Adams looks more effective for less money,
Agree or disagree?
like comparing a tumble dryer with a dishwasher.

Che Adams 0 goals so far certainly is impressive though

Is £20m really worth that return though? I know McBurnie didn't decide his price tag but that's what is making people balk.

He is very raw, and could well improve, but that's the sort of player you shell out half that money for.
But don't strikers who score more than 10/12 goals a season in the PL usually cost much, much more than £20m?

He was expensive, but, if his goals keep us up then he's worth the price. I'd say 20 million for 10 goals in this league is worth it. That is, assuming he hits that mark, which, given he's had 2 chances and put the ball in the net twice already, I think he will.

Back
Top Bottom