Roy's View From... View From Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks for that Roy.

Been waiting with great anticipation for your compilation.

When I saw 'A View from ....' appear on the screen it reminded me of being a kid stood on a Saturday evening on Lowedges Road as the Green 'Un van appeared in the distance.
Shop on end?

Sheff utd played at their best to get a point against a very poor Bournemouth team. We will improve whereas they will struggle playing every team like that

How many more times are we gonna have to hear this fucking bullshit

We were always going to be a bit more cautious than usual today and probably will be for a while until we try to find our feet, they're lucky they didn't get the full flowing Sheffield United. We were nowhere near at our best.
Our team without the semi cautious attitude would have probably beaten them today

Totally agree....the thing I find funny is they think we played well.

We were very cautious today giving Bournmouth too much respect, we sat back and defender but their attacks had no tempo or urgency, it seemed easy.
We only played to our normal standard in the last 10 minutes when we suddenly relaxed having nothing to lose chasing the game.
Under Wilder we always start slow for the first 3 or 4 games. We will play much better then that in future games, we seemed to play for a point and got it.

Cheers Roy, back where we belong ;)

Having seen the highlights, I think we looked fantastic at times today. I hope those who were there felt the same.

Exciting to see us part of the MOTD coverage, the glitz and the glamour of the premier league, surreal but every bit deserved to see Wilder and the lads rubbing shoulders with the too flight.

It seemed that we were organised, applied ourselves well and carried on trying to play our way. We looked Sharp, we created chances and on the basis of those highlights, Bournemouth appeared quite average and there for the taking?

I think we'll upset a few this year!
I'm incredibly proud tonight and we all went nuts when Billy's goal went in!

UTB! ⚔️

Thought we deserved a win. Henderson has had 1 save to make all game.

How can you hate Sheffield if you haven't been there. Having only been to Hillsborough and some boozer in Grenoside (?) I'd be happy to see more of the place.
Hillsborough & Grenoside are more South Barnsley than Sheffield. United are THE heart of the City. UTB

They (Bournemouth) all go on about 'we had a bad game.'

But you are as good as your are allowed to play, and if we make you look crap, then we obviously succeeded.

"Sheffield United are now a team that I hate. The fans, players and the place.”

Welcome to the party.

They hate the place? Why :(

I would have thought that with there being a Waitrose a few hundred yards from Bramall Lane, that Bournemouth fans would feel well at home!

Last edited:
Not really a huge amount of money until we were in the PL and nothing like Wolves have spent/are spending for example.

We got up through the leagues with a peanuts back four. Callum Wilson cost 3m, Fraser 400k, King 1m.

Aren't you owned by some shady Russian who's friends with Putin and other shady Russians?

Thanks Roy, always good to read their opinions.mmm sour grapes me thinks. The excuses are rolled out. The teams that are promoted essentially are treated as second class citizens ( unless they are Villa). I despise this attitude that churns out their sense of entitlement.

“Just a completely flat day. Fair play to them, hardworking, well drilled and fully deserved a point.”

“Shocking performance they deserved their draw"

“as poor as we were they created nothing and were fortunate with their goal. Still, we should have been more clinical and composed with our breakaways.”
“they didn’t look a threat despite us being horrendous, so it’s very much 2 points dropped. If the players bothered to turn up would’ve been a comfortable win.”
Strange seems there is a pattern no matter which division we play in, we had it when we stormed league one with 100pts. It carried on in the championship and got worse last season when going into the last game we could have been champions and now the cycle looks like repeating itself in the Prem ..................... most teams that we come up against have an off day 🤔🤔🤔

“Just a completely flat day. Fair play to them, hardworking, well drilled and fully deserved a point.”

“Shocking performance they deserved their draw"

Strange seems there is a pattern no matter which division we play in, we had it when we stormed league one with 100pts. It carried on in the championship and got worse last season when going into the last game we could have been champions and now the cycle looks like repeating itself in the Prem ..................... most teams that we come up against have an off day 🤔🤔🤔

Here's to another 37 off days.

Fair comments I suppose but supporters in general hardly ever give the opposition enough credit when their team plays poorly. We don't just let the opposition play their best football, simple.

We have the artillery to wrest the game back, simple.

Sheff utd played at their best to get a point against a very poor Bournemouth team. We will improve whereas they will struggle playing every team like that

How many more times are we gonna have to hear this fucking bullshit

We were always going to be a bit more cautious than usual today and probably will be for a while until we try to find our feet, they're lucky they didn't get the full flowing Sheffield United. We were nowhere near at our best.
Our team without the semi cautious attitude would have probably beaten them today

Absolutely, they are lucky to play us before all our new players have settled in. When do we play them at Home! Bring it on.

So if we "peaked" on our 1st game, did Soton, Watford and Wet Spam un-peak, by that analogy they'll all get zero points.

Get used to comments like this, we had the exact same for the first few games in the championship until fans realised that we make teams look bad with our work rate and positional awareness to limit chances.

“Sheff United played at their best”
How the fuck do they know, bet it’s the first time most of them have seen us play.
We played well in patches but we can play far far better
Thought we only played anywhere like the way we can for the last fifteen minutes or so but still should have won at a canter
Was amazed how long ball they were

Back
Top Bottom