Roy's View From... View From Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep, every goal is automatically checked.

Can't believe I'm doing this in response to Some Guy On Twitter, but the ball pretty clearly hit Egan smack in the bird's nest.

View attachment 59702

It then rather amusingly ricochets directly into Ake's face:

View attachment 59701

The bigger mystery is why that guy has drawn "OL" on his image. Is he missing the initial "L"?

I now see why Ake was so disappointed with the goal. I didn't realise the ball smacked him in his boat race.

Yep, every goal is automatically checked.

Can't believe I'm doing this in response to Some Guy On Twitter, but the ball pretty clearly hit Egan smack in the bird's nest.

View attachment 59702

It then rather amusingly ricochets directly into Ake's face:

View attachment 59701

The bigger mystery is why that guy has drawn "OL" on his image. Is he missing the initial "L"?

£75m assist.

£75m assist.
Fair play to Bournemouth for that. They basically said to Leicester ‘if Maguire is worth £85m then Ake’s worth £75m’. Ake’s probably willing to wait for a bigger club than Leicester to come in for him. There were a few clubs sniffing round their players this season but they’ve obviously taken the stance that they’re not going to sell cheaply, no bargains at Bournemouth.

Fair play to Bournemouth for that. They basically said to Leicester ‘if Maguire is worth £85m then Ake’s worth £75m’. Ake’s probably willing to wait for a bigger club than Leicester to come in for him. There were a few clubs sniffing round their players this season but they’ve obviously taken the stance that they’re not going to sell cheaply, no bargains at Bournemouth.

What we need is a bunch of Cherries to come on and explain their business model.

Great stuff Roy as always. Any chance though of the writing not being in grey on a white background, maybe back on white to read easier? Must be getting old!

Thing is though, Maguire is good, I don't know if he's world class, but he's very very good, club and country. Overpriced but probably rightfully one of the most expensive defenders in the world.

Aké isn't approaching that level, his stats are alright at best, he doesn't have the presence of a Maguire or Van Dijk and he's not really done anything at international level, though he was on the bench at a major final I suppose (although Woodburn was at the Champions League final and he plays for Oxford United now).

Aké is an average Premier League defender, there are better, some worse.

I'm all for getting what they're worth, but all clubs need to take a step back and actually assess what they're actually worth, not what they'd like, because they're helping to create a market that will eventually get to a point where even huge clubs can't afford to buy players.

How long until we have someone like Neymar as a free agent because his club can't afford his wages after his current deal expires, no-one can afford the fee, and he won't take a pay cut?

I think supporters are starting to question their own clubs to be honest the figures are that disgusting.

Thing is though, Maguire is good, I don't know if he's world class, but he's very very good, club and country. Overpriced but probably rightfully one of the most expensive defenders in the world.

Aké isn't approaching that level, his stats are alright at best, he doesn't have the presence of a Maguire or Van Dijk and he's not really done anything at international level, though he was on the bench at a major final I suppose (although Woodburn was at the Champions League final and he plays for Oxford United now).

Aké is an average Premier League defender, there are better, some worse.

I'm all for getting what they're worth, but all clubs need to take a step back and actually assess what they're actually worth, not what they'd like, because they're helping to create a market that will eventually get to a point where even huge clubs can't afford to buy players.

How long until we have someone like Neymar as a free agent because his club can't afford his wages after his current deal expires, no-one can afford the fee, and he won't take a pay cut?

I think supporters are starting to question their own clubs to be honest the figures are that disgusting.
Yeah, I don’t rate Ake but Bournemouth don’t need to sell him and I’m guessing he wasn’t that bothered about moving to Leicester (maybe he was, in which case they probably should have done a deal) so they’ve named a price to suit them. It’s just another way of saying ‘piss off Leicester’.

I'll ask my technical team if they can do something

When Roy says 'jump' the entire staff of Roy Corporation Inc, tremble with fear.

If they're all in Roy's image, they'll be a right bunch of tardy lazy twats. Some of his 'view froms' take hours to come out and I'm even thinking of withholding payment as a protest.

Er.......

I'll ask my technical team if they can do something

Illusion shattered .

I had you beavering away , selflessly burning the midnight oil for the sole purpose of bringing enlightenment and entertainment to fellow Blades .

Now you admit that all you do is sit there with a big fat cigar and a large cognac while your overworked and underpaid employees put in all the graft .

Ah well , c'est la vie say the old folks .........

When Roy says 'jump' the entire staff of Roy Corporation Inc, tremble with fear.

If they're all in Roy's image, they'll be a right bunch of tardy lazy twats. Some of his 'view froms' take hours to come out and I'm even thinking of withholding payment as a protest.

Er.......

In all seriousness there is one kid I ask to help out when the site goes tits up. In May there were a few bugs on the site so I asked him if he could take a look. He got back to me about it yesterday so you're actually not far off with the lazy twat comment.

Er.......
It's subsidiary of another well known industries organisation that appears from time to time on here don't upset em.......

In all seriousness there is one kid I ask to help out when the site goes tits up. In May there were a few bugs on the site so I asked him if he could take a look. He got back to me about it yesterday so you're actually not far off with the lazy twat comment.

Even I'd have found time quicker than that 🤣

Thanks Roy, always good to read their opinions.mmm sour grapes me thinks. The excuses are rolled out. The teams that are promoted essentially are treated as second class citizens ( unless they are Villa). I despise this attitude that churns out their sense of entitlement.
usually from the smaller teams i’ve noticed

"Sheffield United are now a team that I hate. The fans, players and the place.”
Welcome to the party.
...from someone who lives in (or near) God's Waiting Room FFS.
Sorry that we didn't roll over and let you win 4-0, and that our fans made all that noise when you were trying to have a mid-afternoon nap.

Back
Top Bottom