Roy's View From... View From Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The thing I find unbelievable is that Bournemouth were literally a nothing club just 5 years ago. Eddie Howe deserves unimaginable credit for what he’s done for that club, very much like our own Chris Wilder.

I’d like to think that, should we stay up for a few years, we’d stay relatively grounded in our respect for the newly promoted teams and just how difficult it is to get out of the Championship.

We seemed to grow in confidence in the second half and had that game come a couple of months down the line we may have nicked all three points. Today’s game confirms to me that we are more than capable of establishing ourselves in this division.
Not really Bournemouth have very rich backers who have thrown a huge amount of money at it over the years, until this summer Chris Wilder has never had that luxury.

Not really Bournemouth have very rich backers who have thrown a huge amount of money at it over the years, until this summer Chris Wilder has never had that luxury.

Not really a huge amount of money until we were in the PL and nothing like Wolves have spent/are spending for example.

We got up through the leagues with a peanuts back four. Callum Wilson cost 3m, Fraser 400k, King 1m.

Not really a huge amount of money until we were in the PL and nothing like Wolves have spent/are spending for example.

We got up through the leagues with a peanuts back four. Callum Wilson cost 3m, Fraser 400k, King 1m.

You’ve had investment, but without Howe you’d be nowhere. If he does well at his next club, whenever that is, he’ll manage England.

Mate for a club your size if it wasn't for a rich owner you would still be in league one or maybe league two, with respect do one.
In 2016, Bournemouth were found guilty of violating the Football League’s Financial Fair Play regulations during 2014–2015, the season it secured promotion to the Premier League. The club’s over-spend broke the ‘maximum deviation’, with a £38.3 million financial loss in 2014–2015. This followed a loss of £10.3 million in 2013–2014. The club was originally fined £7.6 million by the Football League, but subsequently negotiated a settlement with a fine of £4.75 million for breaching Financial Fair Play rules. The decision followed months of speculation and investigation about the club breaking Football League regulations.

Thanks. Uptick for both your dedication and the Moz video.

“ Sheffield United are now a team that I hate. The fans, players and the place.”

Off home to his Wiltshire farm foods.

Thanks for that Roy.

Been waiting with great anticipation for your compilation.

When I saw 'A View from ....' appear on the screen it reminded me of being a kid stood on a Saturday evening on Lowedges Road as the Green 'Un van appeared in the distance.
Do you know David Beardow? He is a Blade and lived in Lowedges for most of his childhood. He is my cousin

"If they had to equalise then happy for Billy to score (if you know his history)." - was great to read that, top comment. Much more class than being all cuntish cos he once played for a local rival, like you'd maybe expect from some clubs

“Sheffield United are now a team that I hate. The fans, players and the place.”

Beauty!

Is this your comment Bournemouth did you watch the game with your eye's closed 👁 👁

“as poor as we were they created nothing and were fortunate with their goal. Still, we should have been more clinical and composed with our breakaways.”

Is this your comment Bournemouth did you watch the game with your eye's closed 👁 👁

“as poor as we were they created nothing and were fortunate with their goal. Still, we should have been more clinical and composed with our breakaways.”

I thought Bournemouth were poor, only our central midfield pair looked decent. Strange formation and bizarre lack of subs when needed. Blades looked a tidy outfit and defended well. Missed the likes of Lewis Cook and David Brooks in midfield.

Wilson 3m and Ritchie 500k. A lot of the promotions squad for freebies/peanuts

Our three most expensive signings under Wilder prior to this season: Egan 3.5 million, Norwood 1.2 million, Lundstram 700k. The only other player in the starting lineup that cost over 500k today was Robinson (rumoured 6m). Player sales under Wilder: Brooks 11.5m, Calvert Lewin 2m, Adams 2m, Ramsale (around 1m). Wage bill prior to this season bottom six in the Championship.

Our three most expensive signings under Wilder prior to this season: Egan 3.5 million, Norwood 1.2 million, Lundstram 700k. The onlother player in the starting lineup that cost over 500k today was Robinson (rumoured 6m). Player sales under Wilder: Brooks 11.5m, Calvert Lewin 2m, Adams 2m, Ramsale (around 1m). Wage bill prior to this season bottom six in the Championship.
Excellent business all round

I thought Bournemouth were poor, only our central midfield pair looked decent. Strange formation and bizarre lack of subs when needed. Blades looked a tidy outfit and defended well. Missed the likes of Lewis Cook and David Brooks in midfield.
Yeh we miss David Brooks too.
david brooks.gif

Wanted to save and savour this, in the morning on the throne, but I just couldn't wait!
Cheers Roy, some good ones on there, some obviously blind, deaf and very dumb supporters too though, unfortunately.

COME ON YOU BLADES!!
as D-Ream said, "Things can only get better"!

Should've added Evans 1m and Leonard 1.5 m to the sales list The club also brought in the best part of 9m in Maguire and Walker add ons. The point is we've been run on fumes prior to this season.

Back
Top Bottom