Match Thread AFC Bournemouth v. Sheffield United - 10th Aug 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BOUR
BOUR
BOUR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1565024492276.png V. 1565024512398.png

EPL Week 1 - Saturday 10th August 2019 - Dean Court

Here's your match thread for the EPL season opener at Dean Court. Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bournemouth-vs-sheffield-united.465/

Officials:

Referee:
Friend, Kevin
Assistant Referee: Wilkes, Matthew
Assistant Referee: Hopton, Nick
Fourth Official: Breakspear, Charles
Video Assistant Referee: Mason, Lee
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Halliday, Andrew

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

download_20190810_100548.jpg

Last edited:

ahahar! Not a Cheat is not going to be happy, he had to fight to be the one to start match day threads with one of the American based Blades (who was the founder) and now admin are doing it!

Isn't that the Bournemouth logo from the 90s?

View attachment 59145 V. View attachment 59146

Here's your match thread for the EPL season opener at Dean Court. Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/bournemouth-vs-sheffield-united.465/

Officials:

Referee:
Friend, Kevin

Coverage:

📺 Live TV Coverage:

View attachment 59142

Loyse 😟😓

View attachment 59145 V. View attachment 59146

Officials:

Referee:
Friend, Kevin

Coverage:

📺 Live TV Coverage:

View attachment 59142

Just for me, can you reprise or recreate that pink depressed looking emoji that I used to great effect over three seasons of predicting "loyse" in our rapid rise up the divisions? I fear for our progress without it. That and mattbianco1 old avatar. Thanks. xxxxxx

Just for me, can you reprise or recreate that pink depressed looking emoji that I used to great effect over three seasons of predicting "loyse" in our rapid rise up the divisions? I fear for our progress without it. That and mattbianco1 old avatar. Thanks. xxxxxx

I went back to have a look at an old thread, and said emoji was : oops : without the spaces, so it's now :oops:, should be reyt.

I went back to have a look at an old thread, and said emoji was : oops : without the spaces, so it's now :oops:, should be reyt.

That new emoji my blades friend, is NOT an "oops".

ahahar! Not a Cheat is not going to be happy, he had to fight to be the one to start match day threads with one of the American based Blades (who was the founder) and now admin are doing it!
That was Florida Blade. I have a long memory. ;)

OK, I'll piggy-back 'Memries of Bournemouth' in this thread...

August 10th sees the first meeting between the clubs in over six years at the 11,329 capacity Vitality Stadium. Incredibly, Bournemouth were founded just ten years after the Blades (1899), but have spent the majority of their history bouncing between the third and fourth tier of English football. Our upcoming fixture is just the 16th time the clubs have met – in which time United have only lost once.

Here’s the goals from our 5-3 home win on 1st September 2012 in League One under Danny Wilson:

To show how far Bournemouth have progressed (with the help of a Russian billionaire...), on 10th December 1994 this was the table for the Endsleigh League Division Two which would end with Bournemouth escaping relegation to the Third Division by 2 points:

1565030484288.png

This coming season is The Cherries fifth-ever in the Premier League. However…In 2016, Bournemouth were found guilty of violating the Football League’s Financial Fair Play regulations during 2014–2015, the season it secured promotion to the Premier League. The club’s over-spend broke the ‘maximum deviation’, with a £38.3 million financial loss in 2014–2015. This followed a loss of £10.3 million in 2013–2014. The club was originally fined £7.6 million by the Football League, but subsequently negotiated a settlement with a fine of £4.75 million for breaching Financial Fair Play rules. The decision followed months of speculation and investigation about the club breaking Football League regulations.

The club is currently owned by Maxim Demin, a Russian multi-millionaire involved in the petrochemicals trading industry.

Full history of Sheffield United v AFC Bournemouth:

1565030552829.png

Last season (2018-19), The Cherries finished 14th in the Premier League with 45 points.

Top Scorers:

1565030584458.png

Men to Watch:

1565030617077.png

Callum Wilson was Bournemouth’s top-scorer last season and is coveted by a number of top sides. He recently signed a new four-year contract so is likely to line up against the Blades on Saturday 10th August.

1565030638688.png

Norwegian international Joshua King is another Cherries player who has long been linked to a move to a top side.

Transfer Movement:

With the transfer window due to close at 17:00 BST this Thursday (8th August) there may be some late changes, but the latest transfer dealings by Bournemouth are:

IN: Philip Billing (Midfielder from Huddersfield) – ‘up to £15m’.

Jack Stacey (Defender from Luton Town) - £4m.

Lloyd Kelly (Defender from Bristol City) – ‘reported £13m.’

DEPARTURES: Tyrone Mings (to Aston Villa, £20m) Lys Mousset (to Sheffield United, £9.5m). Despite transfer speculation, Ryan Fraser, Nathan Ake and Callum Wilson are still with the Cherries.

INJURIES: Bournemouth's Welsh winger David Brooks will be out for three months with an ankle injury.
Midfielder Dan Gosling ruled out for three months, with a hip injury.

Long-term injuries: Simon Francis, Lewis Cook, Charlie Daniels, Andrew Surman, Steve Cook, Junior Stanislas.

The Manager:

Under manager Eddie Howe, they have risen through the pyramid; the 2015–16 season was A.F.C. Bournemouth's first ever in England's top division.

1565030781564.png

A defender before retirement who spent much of his career at Bournemouth, he was the youngest manager in the Football League when appointed Bournemouth manager in January 2009. Howe rescued Bournemouth from relegation out of the Football League in his first season in charge, after the club started the season on minus 17 points, then led them to promotion the next. After a brief spell as manager at Burnley, Howe returned to Bournemouth and led them to two further promotions in three seasons resulting in the club playing in the top flight of English football for the first time in their history. Howe's successes with Bournemouth resulted in him being given the inaugural Football League Manager of the Decade Award in 2015. The departure of Arsène Wenger from Arsenal in 2018 made Howe the longest-serving active manager in the Premier League.

Full season low-down on Bournemouth.

The Carrier Bag Firm Ground Inventory Taskforce (GITs) would like to point out that, just like Tottenham Hotspur, Bournemouth moved out of their ground, and played home games somewhere else, while their ground was rebuilt/redeveloped on roughly the same site.

Anyone remember a couple of chicken catchers (yes really a real job !) from Ollerton. Called Big Stu and Deano (rip).

Had a great weekend with them and “gin and orange” (Maltby lad) back in the 80’s at Bournemouth. Think we won 1-0 too. Possibly 4th div. or later ??

Sorry mate. Since we got all successful I'm not allowed it.

To be fair, we used to do it years before ;)

I am so pumped for this. On at 10 am here in the States and plan on having a huge breakfast and cheering on the Blades with the wife and a few friends.

Love what we have done in the transfer window and love the overall enthusiasm surrounding the club.Will be a long season full of ups and downs and I can't wait to see the Blades take on the Prem.

UTB.

One of the most important fixtures of the season.

Bournemouth will be in the dogfight with us down there so an early "6 pointer" victory would be... Dare I say... Massive!

Back
Top Bottom