CONFIRMED Ben Osborn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Osborn plays for Inter Milan, according to Wikipedia. More tricky tree deludamol, nurse.

Would prefer Joe Lolley. Much more a Jamie Murphyesque, run at 'em player who is quick to exploit space.

pommpey

Joe Lolley would cost about 5 or 6 Osborns. He is also not suited to our system.

Joe Lolley would cost about 5 or 6 Osborns. He is also not suited to our system.

What? You mean he'd cost one Bournemouth reserve striker?

We could possibly trade in Lundstram too.

Interesting.

pommpey

What? You mean he'd cost one Bournemouth reserve striker?

We could possibly trade in Lundstram too.

Interesting.

pommpey

Yes, immensely more.

And why would they take Lundstram when they'd be selling a winger?

Odd.

Houso

Na'then Pinchy Big Ben is 1.7m (5'7") exactly the same as John Fleck. I reckon if you're good enough you can be plenty big enough.

Comment please. !!

Na'then Pinchy Big Ben is 1.7m (5'7") exactly the same as John Fleck. I reckon if you're good enough you can be plenty big enough.

Comment please. !!

We need some height, power and athleticism. There are athletes in the Prem the like of whom we have not previously come across. We need to compete. Gerrowdleroyinferastart.

Talent remains, however, the essential quality.

We need some height, power and athleticism. There are athletes in the Prem the like of whom we have not previously come across. We need to compete. Gerrowdleroyinferastart.

Talent remains, however, the essential quality.

Think Leroy Fer (if that happens) could provide some of that physical presence we lack.

The issues in the prem is that the athletes are equally as impressive technically....

Charlie Austin - 442 appearances, 246 goals (101/34 in PL)
Lys Moussett - 107 appearances, 19 goals (58/3 in PL)

Yeah. I see your point.

pommpey

I would have been happy to see Austin come in too if I'm honest. But I'm more excited about the player mousse can become. He's thought of very highly from what I understand.
And... I was really happy by the way Rav welcomed him to the club!

Yeah. I see your point.

pommpey

Or....

Charlie Austin = 5680 minutes in Prem, including 67 starts
Lys Mousett = 1191 minutes in Prem including 8 starts.

You are trying to compare apples to oranges with this one to prove a point though not sure what it is. Charlie Austin is also 30 years old and would have cost more that Lys would. Mousett would have been coming off the bench in the majority of his minutes to waste time, chase losing games, make an impact etc, not getting a regular start and getting into a Rhythm which is understandable given the players in front of him.

Or....

Charlie Austin = 5680 minutes in Prem, including 67 starts
Lys Mousett = 1191 minutes in Prem including 8 starts.

You are trying to compare apples to oranges with this one to prove a point though not sure what it is. Charlie Austin is also 30 years old and would have cost more that Lys would. Mousett would have been coming off the bench in the majority of his minutes to waste time, chase losing games, make an impact etc, not getting a regular start and getting into a Rhythm which is understandable given the players in front of him.

So, in essence, experience is better than hope.

Yeah. I see your point. Willing to come back and admit I was wrong if Moussett tops double figures by next May, mind.

pommpey

Yeah. I see your point.

pommpey

Wilder tries not to import injury prone players. Austin 66 league games in 3 and a half P.L. seasons. Not enough and 16 goals not enough in a mid-table side.

Sorry Ricky this ones mine.

We wouldn't stay up on £20mil. Infact it'd be insulting to Chris. We simply have too much to spend in expensive areas on expensive skills. We can't even fill our bench at the minute and a quality striker will cost around £12mil upwards of which we need 2 minimum. It's hard to even guess fee's these days because they're so random.

But since you're asking me I'll give it a go:
Jay Rodriguez (£5mil reported release clause, but overall fee with sign on fee and wages would be well in excess of £12mil... but that's not what you asked :))
Lukas Jutkiewicz (£4mil)
John Obi Mikel (free)
Yoann Barbet (free)
Henderson (loan, with fee)
Reece James (loan, with fee)
Luke Freeman (£5mil)
Ben Osborn (£3mil)

His words after being asked what his budget will be was ‘although I’ve NOT spoken to the bosses yet I would imagine it will be in the same ball park as the figure recently reported as being spent by Norwich City. So I’ve given the owners a list of my preferred targets based on that figure”.

CW says a lot of things.

Yeah. I see your point. Willing to come back and admit I was wrong if Moussett tops double figures by next May, mind.

pommpey

Lys Mousset will score more Premier League goals than Charlie Austin next season. He'll have a better goals to games ratio too.

pommpey

So will I in the exceedingly unlikely event of the battered old Austin achieving such a feat. His grand total of 16 in the last four seasons [an average of 4] does not augur well for this poor Charlie.

Last edited:
So will I in the exceedingly unlikely event of the battered old Austin achieving such a feat. His grand total of 16 in the last four seasons [an average of 4] does not auger well for this poor Charlie.

Feat. Fucking "Feat"

:cool:

quick editing there!

So will I in the exceedingly unlikely event of the battered old Austin achieving such a feat. His grand total of 16 in the last four seasons [an average of 4] does not auger well for this poor Charlie.
Augur. Fucking augur.

No, auger. I don't think he'll drill many into the bottom corner...
"Auger always related to tools and engineering. Some augers are drill bits, others are used to bore holes in wood or ice, and others are used to unclog toilets. The word can also be a verb meaning to use an auger. Augur always relates to premonition. As a verb, it means (1) to predict or foretell or (2) to be an omen. As a noun, augur denotes something that is ominous or that serves as a bellwether."

See the source image

No one been t car park or shirecliffe today? couldn't make it but had my camera ready.

Back
Top Bottom