Match Thread Swansea v The Mighty Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They get the plaudits when thinks go well so I've no hesitation in saying that defeat is totally down to Sharp and McGoldrick. If just one of them scores it's a point and it should.have been three points.

McBurnie has just confirmed what anyone with even half a brain could tell, Swansea changed tactics at half time and we didn’t cope. Luckily O’Connell was on point.

Expect Nollywood to be banging his look at me cross field passes for Madine for much of the remaining season.

Why do we wait until the last 15 minutes to give it a go??
Awful, awful 2nd half

That is the pace of play and attitude that I was expecting from the kick off. Kicking off late having watched Norwich on Friday, and seen today's result and we put in a performance like that. Off our game and lazy daisy for the most part.

We pressed harder and higher than we have all season in the first half. If we’d taken those 2 chances it would have worked. But it was a gamble, and we were completely knackered by 60 minutes.

This is the way Tufty plays - but for me, keep rolling the dice.

Hopefully we’ll play better next week. Can’t expect this bunch of players to perform well every game. If they did they wouldn’t be playing for us.

put a good shift in that half. Dominating really. Just need a goal.
I'll just lol. I'll get banned otherwise. I'm shocked. Wasn't hand ball at all. I think the ref was spot on all day long. And I think Welsh teams should be in the English league .Not sure where that puts brexit mind? Welsh in English league means UK should be in EU .yes I'm for in the EU and I love Cardiff and Swansea and I'm not sure why that excludes Scottish teams. And Irish .I'm pissed and pissed off .1st of 3 defeats in a fucking row?

Should’ve been 2-0 up and comfortable at HT. Second half no show. Don’t fancy us to get anything next week at all.

That is the pace of play and attitude that I was expecting from the kick off. Kicking off late having watched Norwich on Friday, and seen today's result and we put in a performance like that. Off our game and lazy daisy for the most part.

If only you’d said beforehand...... :)

Wilder had plenty of time to make changes before Swansea scored, but didn't. It was obvious something needed changing.

And we're absolutely fucking shit at hoofball, and have been for ages. I hope that's not our plan B in full.

Said it once and I’ll say it again. You can see why both Brighton and Fulham didn’t take Norwood into the Prem. Too many mistakes from a player with so much responsibility. Think bringing McDonald in from Fulham would be a better option than Norwood or Coutts for that matter.

Second half reminded me of Barnet and that's not good is it haha.. just all over the place until Dowell and Madine came on, and not that fantastic after they came on.

You sort of knew though when Bill missed that it wasn't our day, McG I don't expect to score every chance but Billy should be putting that away, and Carter-Vickers nearly scored an own goal.

We were just not with it ever really, second half though. Jesus. 4 wins and a loss. That's just how it goes this season if you look at the results, draw and a win for the next 2 if you go on past reactions.

#forgiveme #drunk #barnet #overreaction #hotgipsy chaturbate .

Last one is real. My bird will be online late next week lol

If only you’d said beforehand...... :)

I have said that we'll get no more the 8 points from the upcoming batch of 7 games, tonight being the first. And I stand by that. Some of our fans are in for a rude awakening in the second half of the season.
Having watched Norwich on friday night, the speed of their player and clinical finishing suggests we'll need to score 2 to get a draw.

Our lack of mobility & pace up front is another problem. I hope you all liked Norwood pinging 30 yrd cross fielders to Madine on the edge of the 18 yrd box, because that's our new, shiny Plan B in action.

I have said that we'll get no more the 8 points from the upcoming batch of 7 games, tonight being the first. And I stand by that. Some of our fans are in for a rude awakening in the second half of the season. The lack of mobility & pace is another problem. I hope you all liked Norwood pinging 30 yrd cross fielders to Madine on the edge of the 18 yrd box, because that's our new, shiny Plan B in action.

Based on attitude ? How would you know their attitudes when you made the prediction?

I’ve already mentioned Nollywoid and Madine.

Whats the point coming out all guns blazing if you can’t score. Having so much possession means fuck all if you lose.

All teams dropping points. yes shitless display tonight. We need to beat Norwich if we want promotion.

We need that bit of quality to come in but we all know that isn't going to happen. We have to hope Wilder can pick them up and go again. We have a stronger squad than last season so I think we can stay in the play offs.

Based on attitude ? How would you know their attitudes when you made the prediction?

I’ve already mentioned Nollywoid and Madine.

You've lost me.

Tonight, due to the reasons stated, I thought that we'd start the game more on the front foot, more positive attitude, less square & backward passes, quicker paced. Quick set pieces, racing to get the ball back in play. We didn't and only showed that in spells late on.

My pre-game prediction of last week was based on the fact that generally I don't think we are good enough to get promoted and are an injury or dry spell away from mid table. We are thrashing our older horses to much down the closing straight.

The Norwood/Madine comment was intended for the wider readership & not just you, that why I used the word 'all', unless you now refer to yourself in the plural?

Said it once and I’ll say it again. You can see why both Brighton and Fulham didn’t take Norwood into the Prem. Too many mistakes from a player with so much responsibility. Think bringing McDonald in from Fulham would be a better option than Norwood or Coutts for that matter.
Absolutely agree he just sits in front of the back three looking to play the fourty yarders all the time doesn't close anyone down or tackle if he does its nearly always a foul I would have took him off first put coutts on see if we could have got the golden triangle working again

That performance is why we won’t finish top 2, felt really half arsed in the first half, felt we could have really stepped it up a gear, they changed at half time and Wilder was out done, missed opportunity, if we play like that against Norwich next week we’ll get stuffed, Norwich looked so much more of an attacking force last night than us, we was done in midfield today. Move on and let’s see if we can hang on to a play off spot.

A strange performance all round from us, from my sofa it seemed as though there was no atmosphere in the ground & it looked like a training session for most of the first half & I thought we would run away with it if we just stepped it up a bit. Not sure what happened second half, we just never got going at all & it was a good job JOC showed what a terrific defender he is, & what a save by Hendo as well. I thought Dowell looked good when he came on & although he doesn't yet make himself as available as Duffs it looked like we didn't want to pass the ball to him for some reason. Disappointing, but it is only one game so can all the doom merchants calm down.

And for those that think Bash is the answer then your kidding yourselves, he’s a mistake waiting to happen, he was run ragged forctgere goal

You've lost me.

Tonight, due to the reasons stated, I thought that we'd start the game more on the front foot, more positive attitude, less square & backward passes, quicker paced. Quick set pieces, racing to get the ball back in play. We didn't and only showed that in spells late on.

My pre-game prediction of last week was based on the fact that generally I don't think we are good enough to get promoted and are an injury or dry spell away from mid table. We are thrashing our older horses to much down the closing straight.

The Norwood/Madine comment was intended for the wider readership & not just you, that why I used the word 'all', unless you now refer to yourself in the plural?

Apologies, totally missed the context in relation to the post you replied to.

I was agreeing with you on the Norwood/Madine comment, and was just stating that I had already posted something similar.

No, because that would be stupid wouldn’t it.

JOC was easily man of the match.

I thought Henderson, Dowell and Stevens also did well.

Dowell needs to be allowed to have a go and not just pushed back so we can lump it up to 3 strikers. I would have loved to see him pushed further forward and allowed to run at their defence. Seems direct and clever.

Norwood got a right bollocking from JOC second half and rightly so. He lost a player and made the most half-arsed attempt to get back. He does this quite regularly second halves in games. Probably the reason why he's never played at the top level.

Fleck has been iffy on and off this season. I'm not sure what's up. He has really good patches and then goes missing. He's at his best driving into the opposition box but seems incredibly reluctant to do it.

I thought Egan and Basham were lucky to have JOC playing next to them today. Lost men and were wrong-sided far too often.

There was great movement from the strikers first half but almost nothing second. This was the main reason we started to struggle. Duffy also looked gone after 50 minutes so long hopeful balls or relying on the wingbacks to get forward which is difficult given their opponents.

Swansea are a team who play in a way which we find difficult to play against. If they were flying we'd get a panning.

Back
Top Bottom