Match Thread Swansea v The Mighty Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Norwood got a right bollocking from JOC second half and rightly so. He lost a player and made the most half-arsed attempt to get back. He does this quite regularly second halves in games. Probably the reason why he's never played at the top level.

Actually the bollocking was for not bringing the guy down on the halfway line & Norwood was telling him back that he would have got another yellow & would be sent off.

Disappointing 2nd half,after a good first half apart from failing to convert two great chances..Before the goal i thought we kept giving them the ball back,and after the goal we never really looked like scoring...never really worked the keeper or got behind them 2nd half...oh well,we go again at Norwich...Should have got out of jail with a pen late on though.

JOC was easily man of the match.

I thought Henderson, Dowell and Stevens also did well.

Dowell needs to be allowed to have a go and not just pushed back so we can lump it up to 3 strikers. I would have loved to see him pushed further forward and allowed to run at their defence. Seems direct and clever.

Norwood got a right bollocking from JOC second half and rightly so. He lost a player and made the most half-arsed attempt to get back. He does this quite regularly second halves in games. Probably the reason why he's never played at the top level.

Fleck has been iffy on and off this season. I'm not sure what's up. He has really good patches and then goes missing. He's at his best driving into the opposition box but seems incredibly reluctant to do it.

I thought Egan and Basham were lucky to have JOC playing next to them today. Lost men and were wrong-sided far too often.

There was great movement from the strikers first half but almost nothing second. This was the main reason we started to struggle. Duffy also looked gone after 50 minutes so long hopeful balls or relying on the wingbacks to get forward which is difficult given their opponents.

Swansea are a team who play in a way which we find difficult to play against. If they were flying we'd get a panning.

I agree on Norwood. His 2nd half non performances away are becoming quite often sadly. He is a great player but he fades away. Offf the ball he is quite poor. He cannot tackle to save his life and fails to stop runners. I was staggered how him and Fleck got dominated. Fer and Celina looked quality and they had no answer as they ran through them. It was a carbon copy of the first game with James doing the Montero bit.

I did not see Dowell do much. Three times he dithered and lost it. He played one good ball at the end but outside of that not sure I saw him do much.

I agree on Norwood. His 2nd half non performances away are becoming quite often sadly. He is a great player but he fades away. Offf the ball he is quite poor. He cannot tackle to save his life and fails to stop runners. I was staggered how him and Fleck got dominated. Fer and Celina looked quality and they had no answer as they ran through them. It was a carbon copy of the first game with James doing the Montero bit.

I did not see Dowell do much. Three times he dithered and lost it. He played one good ball at the end but outside of that not sure I saw him do much.

A couple of times he drove forward with it but when he got to the edge of the box he seemed to change his mind and try and pass. He looks confident to me and I reckon he'll be a very good signing. IF he gets to play in a position which suits him.

I agree on Norwood. His 2nd half non performances away are becoming quite often sadly. He is a great player but he fades away. Offf the ball he is quite poor. He cannot tackle to save his life and fails to stop runners.

Correct.

Athleticism, defensive ability, consistency and even maturity, all lacking.

He's a good player but it's very easy to see why teams bin him off after promotion.

Just wish we could play for 90 minutes. Whether we are winning, losing or drawing, we always seem to limp to the end of the game.

pre match it was strange how different this fixture felt since opening day because realistically we should be in ones in 9th going for the playoffs . but i still knew it would still be tough as it was still a relegated PL side away. 1st half we were all over them & its the key in every game take your chances. while your on top, i was thinking for a while before Swansea scored that have we got worse or have Swansea improved. because 2nd half we'd dropped off our level struggled to break them down, as I only think of 1 real chance. but even then we couldve nicked a draw but a few times we just couldnt get ball to drop right but credit to Swansea they tweak a few things & caused us many problems pinning our back 3. maybe in hindsight we should've gone to a back 4. to give us more stability. I thought during his cameo that madine looked alright

"the wheels arent falling off our promotion campaign" like ive seen a few say its only 1 defeat & 1 admittedly terrible 2nd half. but not ideal because since the barnet match I dont think we have been in top form like we were over the festive period. as we weren't great v QPR. but got the job done. so not ideal preparation for the biggest game of the season far (excluding the derbies)

Back
Top Bottom