The club that keeps giving

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chansiri was in it to make a quick financial killing, that's all.

If Hooper had stayed fit it may well have worked.

All he needs to do now is sack Jos, bring in a survival expert, sell Rhodes to Norwich and flog Reach to Wolves for a cartload.

That's what a chairman who's in it for the duration would do.

But he's not in it for the duration, and never was.

What sticks in my craw is his using the fans as a pretext.
how much do you reckon you'd get for those two out of interest ?
Realistically ?
Considering you need a minimum of ten million to cover your ffp deficit so far and that's before you even start to think about next year's

Fair point ….. but McCabe's taking us nowhere as he hasn't got / isn't prepared to commit the money that we need to move to the next level …….

We need a co-investor or a committed new owner who DOES have some money to invest and is prepared to do so …… the current Board are great at "talking the talk" but when it comes to the important bit (investing real money) they just
disappear off to court and make fools of themselves …… o_O

UTB & FTP

Agreed, he doesn't have what is required these days for a Championship club.

As to where all this could end up though is a bit worrying. If there are buyers for "little" Wigan, there must be predators out there.

UTB

Tunaman spunks his £50m all in one go on 'big name' players and is a god in S6.

McCabe spunks £50m over 18 years to cover annual losses and is detested by some at S2.

Funny old game football, isn't it?

Yeah mate so your justifying spending 2 million a season.
Tuna man was doing relatively well until they signed Jordan Rhodes for 12 million.

Again an owner splashing the cash is what united need it just needs to be invested well

Chansiri in my opinion isn’t an awful owner he just has been advised awfully, if all his money was spent on young up and coming talent then they would have been able to sell players to cope with FFP
They’ve not sold one player of note which is why FFP is a problem

Yes bad Kev. He should have let in one of those other biliionaires who were queueing up. Remind me again, who else was in the running in the early 2000's?

Again an owner splashing the cash is what united need it just needs to be invested well

It 'just' needs to be invested 'well'

That sounds pretty easy, so why don't you think more footie clubs just invest their money well?

Chansiri in my opinion isn’t an awful owner he just has been advised awfully, if all his money was spent on young up and coming talent then they would have been able to sell players to cope with FFP

So what's to stop Chansiri MkII turning up at the Lane and being similalry badly advised? Think Carson Jeung, Venkys, Vincent Tan, The Charlton bloke, SISU etc etc etc.

Tuna man was doing relatively well until they signed Jordan Rhodes for 12 million.

They’ve not sold one player of note which is why FFP is a problem

I don't think anyone has suggested that KM was ever a paragon of virtue, but at least the bills have been paid and (so far) we've not been visited by the liquidators.
You might wince at that record, but consider, in a little over three years the pigs have gone from a supposed club on the up to one that is now struggling to keep relegation at bay, plus a Chairman who now wishes to sell the club that he claims is part of his fuckin' family - thanks dad!

Chansiri had a honeymoon period, it happens to many chairmen and managers, but once the gloss had worn off Chansiri was revealed for what he is. A duplicitous, fibbing, fantasist (how else do you explain the existence of companies that are meant to create income but don't?). His trick of becoming moist eyed when questioned by their supporters buys no slack with me, he's just another reprehensible plate juggler who couldn't hack it when it mattered. In short, he seemed a perfect fit for their misguided supporters.

Agreed, he doesn't have what is required these days for a Championship club.

As to where all this could end up though is a bit worrying. If there are buyers for "little" Wigan, there must be predators out there.

UTB

Yup, anybody who can buy out Dave Whelan's multi-million-pound stake in 'little' Wigan. Wednesday will attract 'investors' who want it on the cheap, are willing to take a massive hit on over-the-hill players, stadium maintenance, FFP fines etc. and are just interested in their own ego trip and pocket. They won't be queuing round the block. They'll end up with the usual Arthur Daley type.
Wow just wow! In what universe is that true?

Like all never-have-been Wednesdayites, he's harking back to when Wednesday had 'Sanderson' as sponsors and that kit - 1992-93. I think the game has moved on in the last 25 years. :rolleyes:

upload_2018-12-20_15-37-32.png

Yup, anybody who can buy out Dave Whelan's multi-million-pound stake in 'little' Wigan. Wednesday will attract 'investors' who want it on the cheap, are willing to take a massive hit on over-the-hill players, stadium maintenance, FFP fines etc. and are just interested in their own ego trip and pocket. They won't be queuing round the block. They'll end up with the usual Arthur Daley type.

Like all never-have-been Wednesdayites, he's harking back to when Wednesday had 'Sanderson' as sponsors and that kit - 1992-93. I think the game has moved on in the last 25 years. :rolleyes:

View attachment 47109
According to Wigan’s chairman (and the grandson of Whelan) they sold for £20m. I suspect that unless the championship clubs get their act together and stop losing money, they’ll be giving clubs away in five years time. Whelan was desperate to get rid because he couldn’t afford the yearly losses that clubs incur just to stay in the championship.

Chansiri was in it to make a quick financial killing, that's all.

If Hooper had stayed fit it may well have worked.

All he needs to do now is sack Jos, bring in a survival expert, sell Rhodes to Norwich and flog Reach to Wolves for a cartload.

That's what a chairman who's in it for the duration would do.

But he's not in it for the duration, and never was.

What sticks in my craw is his using the fans as a pretext.

Norwich won't want Rhodes, he's not even starting for them. I'm not sure if you're taking the Michael or not but Reach to Wolves? They're looking to improve on what is already an excellent squad, Reach is top end Championship not going to improve Wolves.

Norwich won't want Rhodes, he's not even starting for them. I'm not sure if you're taking the Michael or not but Reach to Wolves? They're looking to improve on what is alrea6dy an excellent squad, Reach is top end Championship not going to improve Wolves.
i know reach has scored a few world's but other than that I'm scratching my head to think of a more anonymous player in the 90 mins .......oh foristieri.

According to Wigan’s chairman (and the grandson of Whelan) they sold for £20m. I suspect that unless the championship clubs get their act together and stop losing money, they’ll be giving clubs away in five years time. Whelan was desperate to get rid because he couldn’t afford the yearly losses that clubs incur just to stay in the championship.
Glad to see you alive and well, you had me worried!

i know reach has scored a few world's but other than that I'm scratching my head to think of a more anonymous player in the 90 mins .......oh foristieri.

I've not seen him play other than in highlights but he seems inconsistent based on what Wednesday fans think of him. I can see Wednesday cashing in though since they're broke of course!

Seriously. Hes not gonna spend anymore. He cant spend anymore. Ffp fines. Big contracts need paying. Shit manager would need paying off( cant due to ffp), Low league position. Ground needs upgrading. Poor quality players throughout the team. Training ground is a big tent. Most probably wants an over inflated price. Who the fuck is gonna buy them ? Theres nothing appealing about buying them. This could go on for years and they will slide further......sit back and enjoy fellow blades, they’re no threat to us and are relegation fodder.

Wow just wow! In what universe is that true?

You cannot believe that anybody could even think this let alone post it,
His Dad, Grandad and Uncles want a fucking good slap for the cruelty and brainwashing they've inflicted on this gullible twat

Tunaman spunks his £50m all in one go on 'big name' players and is a god in S6.

McCabe spunks £50m over 18 years to cover annual losses and is detested by some at S2.

Funny old game football, isn't it?

He had a similar binge when he appointed Robson and blew the Tevez and parachute money. Using Chasiri's incompetence to big up McCabe is not exactly the best comparator for the chaiman who has overseen the worst period in our history. Who needs enemies when he's got friends like you?

Yes bad Kev. He should have let in one of those other biliionaires who were queueing up. Remind me again, who else was in the running in the early 2000's?

It 'just' needs to be invested 'well'

That sounds pretty easy, so why don't you think more footie clubs just invest their money well?

So what's to stop Chansiri MkII turning up at the Lane and being similalry badly advised? Think Carson Jeung, Venkys, Vincent Tan, The Charlton bloke, SISU etc etc etc.

The Charlton owners and sisu are nothing compared to Chansiri they are a completely different type of owner.

And it could be argued that Vincent tan has been a great owner for Cardiff , I’m pretty sure Cardiff fans will be happy there only two seasons in the top flight what in 50 years.

And the venkys seem to be investing well in Blackburn at the minute

Does been a bad owner just come down to not been from Sheffield or been English cause I’m pretty sure 99.9 % of club owners are not owned by a local chairman

And there’s far far far more owners who have invested in clubs and been successful just in the last 5 years

Bournemouth got new owners invested well went up.
Same with wolves
Same with Leicester
It’s happening with Leeds

Any argument with staying with McCabe is just stupid he should sell up

I don't think anyone has suggested that KM was ever a paragon of virtue, but at least the bills have been paid and (so far) we've not been visited by the liquidators.
You might wince at that record, but consider, in a little over three years the pigs have gone from a supposed club on the up to one that is now struggling to keep relegation at bay, plus a Chairman who now wishes to sell the club that he claims is part of his fuckin' family - thanks dad!

Chansiri had a honeymoon period, it happens to many chairmen and managers, but once the gloss had worn off Chansiri was revealed for what he is. A duplicitous, fibbing, fantasist (how else do you explain the existence of companies that are meant to create income but don't?). His trick of becoming moist eyed when questioned by their supporters buys no slack with me, he's just another reprehensible plate juggler who couldn't hack it when it mattered. In short, he seemed a perfect fit for their misguided supporters.

No Chansiri invested very well when he first came in , he was the model chairman/investor they were a penalty shoot out and a final away from the prem
It’s just that he hasn’t been advised what to do, instead of understanding what FFP is he signed Jordan Rhodes hence now there up shit creak

I can put a timeline on when it started to go wrong and the key events.

The play off loss to (little old)hull.
The play off loss to (plucky little) Huddersfield.

Followed by our runaway league one title, then were in the same league.

Their complete underestimation of how good we were, the shock of how we took them apart that Sunday completely changed their season from trying to get promoted, the focus became catching us, something their players admitted at the end of the season..

The sacking of Carlos was very much down to us leaving them in our wake as we rose to the top of the table, chansiri not strong enough to back his man whilst getting upset with criticism, something he’d not expected or experienced before..

Making another dopey appointment in jos and again we sit well above them in our difficult second season, while they pay £45 a ticket to hope for a point at home.

Losing a fortune, overpaid show ponies and lads swinging the lead, the only massive thing about them is the potential sanctions coming their way.

On another note..

I know we’d be helping in a way but we should get in for Juao really quick and pay good money to get him, he’s the only one that has potential and after a few games in our team I can see him becoming a valuable player, we couldn’t lose at anything around 5million for him, it’s not a gamble in my eyes.. a very good finisher wasted in that shithole..

Glad to see you alive and well, you had me worried!
Just about thanks. Example of my week;

Turned up at Windsor during the thrice weekly changing of the guards, looking for a property on a street that doesn’t appear to be registered with google maps or my sat nav.
As you know the area, you can imagine how that turned out.

Friday; got caught out by dodgy car battery, AA sent bloke to wrong address, in Kensal while I was in South Ealing freezing my tits off in my car. Went straight to Halfords to get new battery, wasted another half hour while they couldn’t get the battery out until they gave up. Had to take it to my garage, leave it there and walk home. Finally lost my rag in Sainsbury’s, now too embarrassed to go there again.

And so on. Every day for the last month has been like this, I haven’t had a fortnight off in three years, only had one full week this year and the previous two.

And the pissing Blades keep loisin’. At least the pork are entertaining, that’s kept me going.

Back
Top Bottom