Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I really don't know. If we did get in the PL and the money is similar to now, yes. Especially if we'd just sold a striker for £70m odd.
That's the thing with clubs like us and some of our unmentionable rivals, if any of us got into the PL I'd expect them to make a better fist of it than the likes of Swansea (who've done exceptionally well) simply because we'll have as much money (plus a bit extra from bigger gates and better sponsorship) and will attract better players. It's a case of who gets there first really.

Then again, it could all come crashing down in a couple of years time. Who knows, I wouldn't even be that shocked if God appeared in the sky tomorrow and said 'I'm not really a god, just an alien and I've been living on this planet in semi-human form and calling myself Jonjo Shelvey. Anyway, I'm sick of football so from now on it's a sin'. And then flew off in his spaceship to the sound of the Pet Shop Boys.

NO WE WOULD NOT !!!!!

Huddersfield have spent £44 million since getting promoted and probably haven't finished yet

We'd spend about £10 million on six players, then we'd lose out to Championship clubs regarding the signing of most of our serious targets and McCabe would be wanking into a bucket whilst telling everyone how ambitious we've been

And our fans would wank into the same bucket at the thought of a full £3 million being spent on one player who struggled to get into a Championship team the season before

NO WE WOULD NOT !!!!!

Huddersfield have spent £44 million since getting promoted and probably haven't finished yet

We'd spend about £10 million on six players, then we'd lose out to Championship clubs regarding the signing of most of our serious targets and McCabe would be wanking into a bucket whilst telling everyone how ambitious we've been

And our fans would wank into the same bucket at the thought of a full £3 million being spent on one player who struggled to get into a Championship team the season before

:tumbleweed:

NO WE WOULD NOT !!!!!

No need to shout.

NO WE WOULD NOT !!!!!

McCabe, don't think for 1 minute we don't know what you're up to in the future !
YOU C@#*

So the question is, how desperate are we for PL football? Is it worth risking another five years in the lower leagues (or longer) just to get in the PL?

Speaking personally, I'm not desperate at all to get to 'the promised land'. Tedious clubs like Stoke, Watford, West Brom and a dozen others exist simply to get to 40 points before 'putting the flip-flops on'. It's no fun getting stuffed on a regular basis by the big boys. Newcastle last season and Sunderland this season are re-invigorated by a spell in the Championship.

Is this
Appreciation?
confirmation?
Observation ?
Protestation?
Disbelief ?
Ridicule?

Whichever was your intention I'm sure some on here will be able to slate Kev Jong Un for not offering enough; not holding out for more for (insert name); not buying Irvine last season for £350k (or season afore for nowt) 'allowing' Burton to be in the same league as us .......

Well I was told when the bigs dogs come calling there is little one can do other than sell.

Can Sid James play on the right of defence?

Can Sid James play on the right of defence?

Looks more like he prefers left of the fence from this shot?

3ae3dbfbf8265bee2319fdd572112962--butterworth-carry-on.jpg

NO WE WOULD NOT !!!!!

Why would anyone wank into a bucket ?

I mean are you standing up or leaning over the bed ?

Don't get it ,seems a bizarre practice wouldn't really embellish the experience visually or sensually

Sorry but that ruined what was otherwise a very well thought out and researched post

Why would anyone wank into a bucket ?

I mean are you standing up or leaning over the bed ?

Don't get it ,seems a bizarre practice wouldn't really embellish the experience visually or sensually

Sorry but that ruined what was otherwise a very well thought out and researched post

Perhaps there's a hidden joke about sperm bank in the anology?

-.-. --- -. --- .-. / -.-. --- .- -.. -.-- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -. . ...- . .-. / ... .. --. -. / ..-. --- .-. / ..- ...

Speaking personally, I'm not desperate at all to get to 'the promised land'. Tedious clubs like Stoke, Watford, West Brom and a dozen others exist simply to get to 40 points before 'putting the flip-flops on'. It's no fun getting stuffed on a regular basis by the big boys. Newcastle last season and Sunderland this season are re-invigorated by a spell in the Championship.

Some people say its lack of ambition but I agree with you .......

If you told me that we would spend the next 20 years at the top end of the Championship, playing exciting football that's entertaining to watch, but never get promoted to the premiership ...... I would take that in a heartbeat. Provided that we beat the deluded scum each year !! :rolleyes:

The Premiership is full of cheating, mercenary, prima-donnas ...... referees always favour the big four / five with their decisions and the games are like chess matches, with teams desperate not to lose.

Money has destroyed our beautiful game I'm sad to say :(

UTB & FTP

I get what you're all saying about the Premier League being a bit wank and tedious. But surely we want to be the best we can be as a club?

If you said to me that for the next 25 years we'd finish between 7rd - 21st in the Championship, I'd be a bit fucking upset. Id like a good spell in the top flight.

-.-. --- -. --- .-. / -.-. --- .- -.. -.-- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -. . ...- . .-. / ... .. --. -. / ..-. --- .-. / ..- ...
.- --. .-. . . .-.-.- / .... . / .--- ..- ... - / .-- .- -. - ... / .- / -. . .-- / -.. . .- .-.. / .- -. -.. / .... .. ... / .- --. . -. - / .. ... / .--. .-.. .- -.-- .. -. --. / - .... . / --. .- -- .

Back
Top Bottom