Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks for the reply, but you've not answered my question. Is your expectation that they should not only cover our exsisting losses, but increase those loses?
If so to what level, what losses should they be covering, because if it's 20 million a season they aren't going to do it, and I personally don't want them to.
Averaging 25k is nothing, we averaged 20k last season in L1 and lost money so the crowd size clearly doesn't mean a huge amount against the bottom line. Those clubs spending money have massively wealthy benefactors, parachute payments or are going to come unstuck pretty soon. They can't all go up, and for me the more like Huddersfield and Brighton that go up through smart investment the better.
For the record I think we can be one of them, unlikely this season but at some point reasonably soon, but it takes nouse, patience and a decent amount of luck.

Some very good points made. Boom or bust will always be popular for some, especially when it's someone else's money at risk.

Brighton actually spent big but Huddersfield won promotion with one of the lowest wage budgets, while Burnley and Bournemouth spent relatively modestly. We tried the big spending route with Robson; it didn't work! The average Championship club loss in 2016 was £10m. Only one - Wolves - made a profit and that only through player sales. McCabe and The Prince will have to subsidise our club, into the millions, once again this season, the only question is 'how many millions?'

I like your preference for "nouse and patience.' Not sure it will catch on though.

Spoke to someone today who's very knowledgeable and pretty much in the know, reckons no chance of getting Coady it's being used as a smoke screen so we'll see

Spoke to someone today who's very knowledgeable and pretty much in the know, reckons no chance of getting Coady it's being used as a smoke screen so we'll see

Screening what from whom? Everyone in football knows what's going off everywhere else. Why select Conor Coady as the smokescreen? It's nonsense.

I had a nosey on twitter and there was the comment from Wolves about Coady going nowhere. A very good pal of Tufty replied "it's not what his agent says".

He was, but a 'big' centre-forward was six feet tall. You can add three inches now, Apart from exceptional players, centre-backs need to be big units these days.

Coady is 6 feet 1 and Joe was 5 feet 8 - so he was still relatively smaller.

Coady is 6 feet 1 and Joe was 5 feet 8 - so he was still relatively smaller.

That's okay for one of three. You need a couple of bigger lads with him. We have. All is well. I don't think, however, we have any plans other than midfield as CC primary role, though.

Anyway, it's all an elaborate, time-consuming, expensive publicity stunt, apparently...

I had a nosey on twitter and there was the comment from Wolves about Coady going nowhere. A very good pal of Tufty replied "it's not what his agent says".

From Wolves official, or from a supporter?

I'd believe their official account over his agent, let's be honest, it's not his agent that accepts a bid.

That's okay for one of three. You need a couple of bigger lads with him. We have. All is well. I don't think, however, we have any plans other than midfield as CC primary role, though.

Anyway, it's all an elaborate, time-consuming, expensive publicity stunt, apparently...

I agree - I think with JOC and Stearman around Coady would be a real asset playing out from the back - him and Bash would cover RCB and DM - but I don't think there's much chance of him coming now. More likely that we are just laying markers with him now for when his contract nears the end next year.

I'd believe their official account over his agent, let's be honest, it's not his agent that accepts a bid.

The bid has been turned down. There's no doubt about that. The questions are whether there will be a larger bid and whether that might be accepted. The agent may well have some insight into that. He will also, of course, be a selfish, greedy leech.

My instinct is it won't happen, but I'm quite sure United are making serious offers.

The bid has been turned down. There's no doubt about that. The questions are whether there will be a larger bid and whether that might be accepted. The agent may well have some insight into that. He will also, of course, be a selfish, greedy leech.

My instinct is it won't happen, but I'm quite sure United are making serious offers.

I've not doubt, like you have mentioned before, his agent will have made calls and Wilder will have genuine belief that he's available.

However, we all know how agents work and I do believe it's just the usual method of gaining himself and his client more cash.

Thanks for the reply, but you've not answered my question. Is your expectation that they should not only cover our exsisting losses, but increase those loses?
If so to what level, what losses should they be covering, because if it's 20 million a season they aren't going to do it, and I personally don't want them to.
Averaging 25k is nothing, we averaged 20k last season in L1 and lost money so the crowd size clearly doesn't mean a huge amount against the bottom line. Those clubs spending money have massively wealthy benefactors, parachute payments or are going to come unstuck pretty soon. They can't all go up, and for me the more like Huddersfield and Brighton that go up through smart investment the better.
For the record I think we can be one of them, unlikely this season but at some point reasonably soon, but it takes nouse, patience and a decent amount of luck.
Bob let me ask you a question. When Fleck, Coutts, JOC, Billys agents come knocking saying their players want paying a going championship salary what are we going to do ? Are you suggesting we let them go because we can't afford them ? It's going to happen because they aren't going to sit there watching players at other clubs earn substantially more than they are. I'm just wondering what our plan is going to be because at some point we are going to have to break the wage structure or risk losing key players.

Now that may be the situation we are in and we just accept that not only can't we afford to bring in a certain kind of player but we also can't keep ones we develop into top level championship players.

I for one don't want that to happen and there are only 3 choices. Firstly we raise our income so we can pay these salaries. Or secondly our board have to subsidise the increased losses. Or tbirdly we get extra investment into the club.

I've not doubt, like you have mentioned before, his agent will have made calls and Wilder will have genuine belief that he's available.

However, we all know how agents work and I do believe it's just the usual method of gaining himself and his client more cash.
Great plan - until CW rings Nuno with the bid and says "thought I'd give you a ring and check about CC because I've just heard from his agent that he might be available?"
Then listen to the "more cash" going down the pan :)

I think we need to understand our financial situation and that of other clubs in this league. Almost every club loses money in the championship. Some are financed by parachute payments. Huge sums, around £50m per year for two years, then another two on reduced money.
Others are pushing FFP to the max, the owners (usually new) are putting around £10m of their own money in per year.
We lost money every season since we went down. I'm not sure about last season but the year before it was more than £5m.

It's not realistic to expect our current owners to put £10m per year on an indefinite basis. So, the alternative is to find new owners or co-owners. Now we could drop lucky and get a Mansour or an Abramovich but, just statistically, we're more likely to get a Venkys or an Allam.

So the question is, how desperate are we for PL football? Is it worth risking another five years in the lower leagues (or longer) just to get in the PL? Is it worth pushing our owners to fuck off and get a billionaire in charge instead? Or do we try to build, using good scouting, good coaching and our academy?
Either approach can fail but the former tends to fail more spectacularly than the latter.
Is it worth risking the club falling into the wrong hands just so we can be like Stoke or West Brom for a couple of seasons?

Because let's have it right, if we went up we still won't be happy, we'll just set the bar higher with 'I want to see us win something before I die' and 'we should be pushing for top eight this season' and all the shit that fans of PL clubs come out with when they've won a couple of relegation battles, see themselves as an established PL club and develop the inevitable sense of self-entitlement that most fans of PL clubs end up with.

I'd believe the Iraqui Information Minister over your average Football Agent.

Bob let me ask you a question. When Fleck, Coutts, JOC, Billys agents come knocking saying their players want paying a going championship salary what are we going to do ? Are you suggesting we let them go because we can't afford them ? It's going to happen because they aren't going to sit there watching players at other clubs earn substantially more than they are. I'm just wondering what our plan is going to be because at some point we are going to have to break the wage structure or risk losing key players.

Now that may be the situation we are in and we just accept that not only can't we afford to bring in a certain kind of player but we also can't keep ones we develop into top level championship players.

I for one don't want that to happen and there are only 3 choices. Firstly we raise our income so we can pay these salaries. Or secondly our board have to subsidise the increased losses. Or tbirdly we get extra investment into the club.
But they're not at other clubs and as far as I'm aware, no other clubs have come in for them.

They earn their salaries on the pitch. If they prove they have what it takes to compete at this level, then they're either remunerated accordingly, or they earn a move elsewhere.

We're obviously trying to keep transfer fees and wages under control but to bid for stearman ,Coady and Lenihan means we are able to compete wage wise at this level players arnt going to play for peanuts.We know what the wage level is and to try for these players means we will pay a competitive wage but as Wilder says no one is going to have his pants down,I for one agree with that approach.
There are some pathetic posts on this subject. bloody be realistic

Yep. And surely this tells also tells us that Wilder not wanting Brayford has little to do with the wages involved.

Some very good points made. Boom or bust will always be popular for some, especially when it's someone else's money at risk.

Brighton actually spent big but Huddersfield won promotion with one of the lowest wage budgets, while Burnley and Bournemouth spent relatively modestly. We tried the big spending route with Robson; it didn't work! The average Championship club loss in 2016 was £10m. Only one - Wolves - made a profit and that only through player sales. McCabe and The Prince will have to subsidise our club, into the millions, once again this season, the only question is 'how many millions?'

I like your preference for "nouse and patience.' Not sure it will catch on though.

Whilst I don't disagree with your general point and I certainly don't think we should be "spunking" stupid money and endangering the Club's future ....... your point regarding the "We tried the big spending route with Robson; it didn't work!" is a little bit misleading.

What is a little more accurate is to say that the only time that KM has allowed the Club to spend serious amounts of money ....... he gave it to a clown !! Who everybody knew should NEVER have been appointed in the first place and who was the beginning of our fall from grace o_O

There's no problem spending big money ...... if you spend wisely on players with a good re-sale potential if things go tits-up ...... ;)

UTB & FTP

I think we need to understand our financial situation and that of other clubs in this league. Almost every club loses money in the championship. Some are financed by parachute payments. Huge sums, around £50m per year for two years, then another two on reduced money.
Others are pushing FFP to the max, the owners (usually new) are putting around £10m of their own money in per year.
We lost money every season since we went down. I'm not sure about last season but the year before it was more than £5m.

It's not realistic to expect our current owners to put £10m per year on an indefinite basis. So, the alternative is to find new owners or co-owners. Now we could drop lucky and get a Mansour or an Abramovich but, just statistically, we're more likely to get a Venkys or an Allam.

So the question is, how desperate are we for PL football? Is it worth risking another five years in the lower leagues (or longer) just to get in the PL? Is it worth pushing our owners to fuck off and get a billionaire in charge instead? Or do we try to build, using good scouting, good coaching and our academy?
Either approach can fail but the former tends to fail more spectacularly than the latter.
Is it worth risking the club falling into the wrong hands just so we can be like Stoke or West Brom for a couple of seasons?

Because let's have it right, if we went up we still won't be happy, we'll just set the bar higher with 'I want to see us win something before I die' and 'we should be pushing for top eight this season' and all the shit that fans of PL clubs come out with when they've won a couple of relegation battles, see themselves as an established PL club and develop the inevitable sense of self-entitlement that most fans of PL clubs end up with.

Post of the day, week and month for me.

Slightly too well crafted and no gratuitous swearing, but then you can't have everything.

That is the only approach if we are not going to spend more than £1 million or so on a player but many on here seem happy to see our youngsters get sold at the drop of a hat. So how can we build a team with them when we sell them so quickly?

Don't give me that old cobblers that the player wants to leave, some youngsters we have sold purely because it seemed like a good offer at the time. Not all of them get nobbled by their agent like Slew did and force a move.

We need to start taking our academy a bit more seriously rather just using it as a cash cow and production line for other clubs.

COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY

COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
COADY
So ... what you saying? :eek::eek::eek:

Thing is there is a split coming in football. There will be the big commercially unviable clubs in two leagues then development teams and small clubs in the lower leagues (Rotherham playing ManC U23's in cup and no ones complaining this season, its happening). there might even be a split off with a European season league in a few years. FFS Everton just spent £30 on a keeper and £45 on a midfielder.

What is for sure is under our business model and ambition we will be in the latter. McCabe is a reight Blade but he's a businessman first and wants to make a profit whereas other owners want to write off tax and launder money. Question is do we, the fans want to be in the filthy game or stick to our historical roots and be proud of our oldest football ground tag, a museum?

Back
Top Bottom