Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

People saying we only bid to up the ante for Southend and Blackburn, well that only works if we have a realistic chance of signing said player, it's apparent from the beginning we have no chance with coady. Blackburn and Southend will know that as well. If we were to 'bid' for a realistic target, say Jamie Allen at Rochdale for example, then they might think about renegotiating. If that's what this is all about.

Very happy to be proved wrong but I think it's about Conor Coady, or his agent, trying to get a better contract at Wolves.

All the recent signings are on much more than Coady and, as he's the captain, he feels he should be on a darned sight more.

Like I say, I'd be very happy to proved wrong, but this looks like the first rumblings in contact negotiations to me and not much to do with a desire to rejoin your old club.

Very happy to be proved wrong but I think it's about Conor Coady, or his agent, trying to get a better contract at Wolves.

All the recent signings are on much more than Coady and, as he's the captain, he feels he should be on a darned sight more.

Like I say, I'd be very happy to proved wrong, but this looks like the first rumblings in contact negotiations to me and not much to do with a desire to rejoin your old club.

We didn't have to bid though, but presumably we thought we had a chance. As others have said it was strange that Wilder admitted to this bid - he normally doesn't.

Worst that can happen is we get knocked back... we don't have much to lose with bidding.

Wolves have plenty of money knocking about it wouldn't be unreasonable if they think they might get another player over the line so that coady becomes available. After all Giving EEL a new contract hasn't exactly worked or for them.

Will probably come to nothing but if you don't ask you don't get.

To me a midfield 3 of Coady, Fleck and Coutts would be too defensive, especially at the Lane. But it might be ok in certain away matches.

It would be better to pick between the 3 for the 2 starting places. I'd go with Coady and Fleck personally.

I’d play all 3 with Coutts the deepest as the midfield fulcrum looking to release Fleck and Coady to bomb forward with the ball. Fleck is capable of banging them in from 20 yards or so and Coady can make those late runs into the box and get on the end of crosses. Both have the workrate to track back and not leave Coutts isolated too. I think that midfield would have a loveleh balance.

Coady has his qualities but 'much better' than Coutts??? In truth, in terms of footballing quality, he's a good way behind. Paul Coutts is every bit as good as Fleck as the latter would be the first to accept. Not only that, they have a fantastic understanding that can't be manufactured or replicated at the drop of a hat (even a magic one).

Paul Coutts is a quality footballer. A joy to watch. Everything we do well goes through Fleck and him.

Luckily Tufty is in charge. He's made Couttsy vice-captain. A remarkable transformation from where the two started and a great credit to both.

If it meant no Coutts it would be no Coady for me. I say that without the slightest hesitation. Happily, there is no such equation on Tufty's chalkboard.

View attachment 29484

I think it depends how you qualify such rankings of footballers. Coutts is better technically and has that ability that can’t be taught, the vision, speed of thought etc. to always turn into space on receiving the ball (McDonald had it, McCall had it, Cowans had it). Coady is better in other areas (athleticisim, goal threat, aerial ability etc.). For me, all 3 would play but even if they don’t and we keep a Carruthers/Brooks/Duffy player in there, rotating those 3 for 2 positions would be a fantastic position to be in.

I can remember Coady getting flack when he first joined. It wasn't until January that people started singing his praises

Everyone got flack under Weir. Clough got Coady playing and he was integral to that strong run in the 2nd half of the season.

has anyone else heard anything about an offer for Connor Cody? Briefly heard something on RS last night but can't seem to find much else? Would you be happy if we managed to get him or is our midfield already up to scratch?

has anyone else heard anything about an offer for Connor Cody? Briefly heard something on RS last night but can't seem to find much else? Would you be happy if we managed to get him or is our midfield already up to scratch?

There's a 10 million page thread about it on rumours.
Hard to miss I know.

The Rumours section has plenty of info.

Back
Top Bottom