Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

More I think about this signing, the more hopeful I am that it doesn't come off.

Fleck & Coutts are superb in the middle of the park. Disrupting that would be bonkers and we have cover in Lundstrum.

Can't be sentimental, in my opinion Coady is younger and already a much better player than Coutts, Fleck is a similar level but hasn't proved it at Championship level yet.

We'd be crazy not to sign Coady if we could get him.

I wonder if this thread will beat the Leonard and Morsy threads.

Can't be sentimental, in my opinion Coady is younger and already a much better player than Coutts, Fleck is a similar level but hasn't proved it at Championship level yet.

We'd be crazy not to sign Coady if we could get him.

Coady has his qualities but 'much better' than Coutts??? In truth, in terms of footballing quality, he's a good way behind. Paul Coutts is every bit as good as Fleck as the latter would be the first to accept. Not only that, they have a fantastic understanding that can't be manufactured or replicated at the drop of a hat (even a magic one).

Paul Coutts is a quality footballer. A joy to watch. Everything we do well goes through Fleck and him.

Luckily Tufty is in charge. He's made Couttsy vice-captain. A remarkable transformation from where the two started and a great credit to both.

If it meant no Coutts it would be no Coady for me. I say that without the slightest hesitation. Happily, there is no such equation on Tufty's chalkboard.

IMG_3043.JPG

Coady has his qualities but 'much better' than Coutts??? In truth, in terms of footballing quality, he's a good way behind. Paul Coutts is every bit as good as Fleck as the latter would be the first to accept. Not only that, they have a fantastic understanding that can't be manufactured or replicated at the drop of a hat (even a magic one).

Paul Coutts is a quality footballer. A joy to watch. Everything we do well goes through Fleck and him.

Luckily Tufty is in charge. He's made Couttsy vice-captain. A remarkable transformation from where the two started and a great credit to both.

If it meant no Coutts it would be no Coady for me. I say that without the slightest hesitation. Happily, there is no such equation on Tufty's chalkboard.

View attachment 29484

Why has Coutts been playing in League One when he's at his prime? No doubt he is very good on the ball, but he doesn't have the all round game to be a success any higher that lower Championship level for me. But I suppose that's why he's at United, if he could score more goals or tackle better he'd have been sold.

Do you know Wilder or something? Reading that post makes me think you either are Wilder or talk to him regularly about United.

To me a midfield 3 of Coady, Fleck and Coutts would be too defensive, especially at the Lane. But it might be ok in certain away matches.

It would be better to pick between the 3 for the 2 starting places. I'd go with Coady and Fleck personally.

What about a central diamond with Coady at CDM, Fleck and Coutts across the short axis and Brookes just behind 2 strikers?

Why has Coutts been playing in League One when he's at his prime? No doubt he is very good on the ball, but he doesn't have the all round game to be a success any higher that lower Championship level for me. But I suppose that's why he's at United, if he could score more goals or tackle better he'd have been sold.

Do you know Wilder or something? Reading that post makes me think you either are Wilder or talk to him regularly about United.

I last spoke to him when he was a player. He was with Bob Booker outside the Lane after an away win. I was just emerging from what was then the Lane club. Both were delightful.

I don't know him at all. I do listen very carefully to everything he says. I doubt I've missed a single interview. I also watch what he does. He frequently speaks very highly of Paul Coutts and, actions speaking louder than words, has made him vice-captain, strongly suggestive of leadership qualities. That, for me, and at the risk of being accused of arrogance, I am trained and experienced at reading between the lines, is telling me what I need to know, or as near as I'm going to get.

Tufty ❤️ Couttsy.

That would mean 4-4-2. Unless we're allowed to play 12.

Not unheard of...

Or, instead of 2 upfront, a lone striker ahead of a diamond with an AMF and still run 3 across the back and wing backs.

Bottom line - Bringing Cody is doesn't mean it's an either or with Coutts and Fleck. There are formations that allow the 3 of them to play together.

View attachment 29484
Iove this picture... i know this sounds like ooo look where I was... but...

At the Town Hall thing I chatted to Coutts... I think him and Fleck are genuinely good pals as he basically was walking round with Flecks lad all night... says he was Uniteds future central midfielder... he was leathered like... so I don't know what that says about Flecks parenting skills or the Scottish... but it's good that they've got that connection off and on the pitch.

It seems we are sticking with the 3412 but CW is very flexible. He changed it to 442 last night and it worked a treat.

But we could have a 3 man midfield of Coady / Fleck / Coutts, coady could fight for a place to oust Coutts or one of the centre halves.

It says it all a player of his calibre (who most of us highly rate) who's in Wolves first team we aren't sure how he gets into our team.

What a turn around in 12 months!

Wolves fans calling us "tinpot"! :D:D

An immense Footballing Giant with an utterly shit anthem like Hi-Ho Silver Lining?

Now where have I come across that before...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/1...ers-fans-react-on-twitter-to-sheffield-unite/
Amazing how a wad of cash invested can turn supporters into a load of twats. That powerhouse city, Wolverhampton. Whether in the Premier League or not it will always be a shithole.

Anyway, some of the figures they talk about (albeit outrageous) make this deal very difficult and potentially impossible.

They don't need cash and therefore don't need to sell to a competitor BUT he isn't Portuguese so he may well be surplus to requirements. Trouble is I think they'll hold out for a ridiculous fee from one of the richer teams in the division who may panic and offer say £4/5M and in effect we have just got the ball rolling with our offer.

Not bothered about breaking the bank on this really, think we have as good in midfield anyway

Wolves have always had a large contingent of arrogant bellends who really do think they are something. Very pig like actually and seeing them and the pigs felate each other's egos via twitter in recent seasons has been cringe worthy to everyone but them.

Not remotely surprised by their attitude. I really hope they're big cash foreign gamble misfires this season.

I last spoke to him when he was a player. He was with Bob Booker outside the Lane after an away win. I was just emerging from what was then the Lane club. Both were delightful.

I don't know him at all. I do listen very carefully to everything he says. I doubt I've missed a single interview. I also watch what he does. He frequently speaks very highly of Paul Coutts and, actions speaking louder than words, has made him vice-captain, strongly suggestive of leadership qualities. That, for me, and at the risk of being accused of arrogance, I am trained and experienced at reading between the lines, is telling me what I need to know, or as near as I'm going to get.

Tufty ❤️ Couttsy.

Unless Wilder is thinking of playing Coady in defence then obviously all of the midfield positions in the starting eleven are under threat including Coutts. We're talking about spending over £2m on a player, which is a big fee for United.

Amazing how a wad of cash invested can turn supporters into a load of twats. That powerhouse city, Wolverhampton. Whether in the Premier League or not it will always be a shithole.

Anyway, some of the figures they talk about (albeit outrageous) make this deal very difficult and potentially impossible.

They don't need cash and therefore don't need to sell to a competitor BUT he isn't Portuguese so he may well be surplus to requirements. Trouble is I think they'll hold out for a ridiculous fee from one of the richer teams in the division who may panic and offer say £4/5M and in effect we have just got the ball rolling with our offer.

Not bothered about breaking the bank on this really, think we have as good in midfield anyway

Yeah, I can't see him coming, being realistic.

Would love him to, thought he developed fantastically when he was here. And exactly he's the sort of box-to-boxer we're lacking & we need.

But... even then, it's not unproblematic. He's hardly gonna want to be a mere squad player. He'd sort of be top dog. Can we build a team around him? It'd mean changing the style a bit, I'd have thought (with all the disruption that'd involve).

In saying that, you've always got to evolve & progress. And Chris is clearly looking at getting a more dynamic type of midfielder in (Leonard, Coady, whoever). Which sort of ties in with the bit of doubt expressed after the game yesterday along the lines of "are we good enough"? Very interesting to see what happens between now & the end of the month.

As for Wolves being "massive". FFS, who next? Notts County?

Unless Wilder is thinking of playing Coady in defence then obviously all of the midfield positions in the starting eleven are under threat including Coutts. We're talking about spending over £2m on a player, which is a big fee for United.

It is indeed and if El Accounto is right it's one of five bids we've got on various tables. If that's right, and clearly at least the Coady one is, even the (understandably) cynical might give a slight cap-doff to our Kev.

Anyway, cup draw time....

It is indeed and if El Accounto is right it's one of five bids we've got on various tables. If that's right, and clearly at least the Coady one is, even the (understandably) cynical might give a slight cap-doff to our Kev.

Anyway, cup draw time....
Great tie as well !!

Back
Top Bottom