Updates from Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Forde is highly regarded and had a strong campaign last season. Not all wingers have to be goalscoring ones, although it does help. Where you generally want goals coming from in midfield is centrally, which is why I've said previously that Cameron McGeehan, for example, is one we also ought to be at least looking at.

Do you have any proof there is championship interest in Sawyers and Nelson? Even so, it'd be a step up for Sawyers, and a nice step up in terms of leagues for Nelson. As I say, they definitely shouldn't be out of a club like ours price range, and they are exactly the sort of players we need to be after.

Where the attraction to us will be for a player like Nelson is that we'll be able to guarantee first team football. You'd be hard pressed to find many teams signing players from two divisions below guaranteeing first team football. In addition to that, there's always the fact that Sheffield United is still seen as a more attractive club in terms of potential than many currently in the championship are.
Sawyers is wanted by Brentford and Nelson by Barnsley from what I've heard. No proof I'll grant you but I don't need it although I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find it.

Sawyers is wanted by Brentford and Nelson by Barnsley from what I've heard. No proof I'll grant you but I don't need it although I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find it.
Fair enough, as I say, even if there's championship interest, it doesn't mean they're no go's as you originally said.

He can't have been too flattered by it. Which backs up what I said above.

And the SPL is league one standard anyway.

It was Argyle that turned the offer down Barney , Apparently he was on under £2k a week and will be out of contract anyhow in a few days so will have more bargaining power for a better deal....doesn't matter what the standard in football in the SPL, Rangers are a big club...

It was Argyle that turned the offer down Barney , Apparently he was on under £2k a week and will be out of contract anyhow in a few days so will have more bargaining power for a better deal....doesn't matter what the standard in football in the SPL, Rangers are a big club...
Fair enough, let's just give up then and get in a few more over age league one plodders.

Fair enough, as I say, even if there's championship interest, it doesn't mean they're no go's as you originally said.
As good as Imo of course.

It doesn't bode well for us if Championship clubs are after the same calibre of player as us. Two things though and they are (i) At least we're after good players but (ii) Should we not then lower our standards realising we don't have a good chance of getting them due to the competition for said player?

Having said all that, we don't know who we're after so we should really wait and see before we praise or slate anything regarding ins and outs.

Fair enough, let's just give up then and get in a few more over age league one plodders.

Fuckin' ell Barney ...get another haliborange down yer neck and cheer up!
Who's saying that? (apart from you)

Wilder is in talks with players he believes are good enough to get us up..these players you've quoted are looking for the very best deals they can get...if that interest's passes we may or may not be in there with an offer!

It's very frustrating, and we we're all paranoid because of previous inaction at BDTBL, but I do think this 24 online culture leads to far more angst and pulling of hair than before..Hey-ho...

UTB!

As good as Imo of course.

It doesn't bode well for us if Championship clubs are after the same calibre of player as us. Two things though and they are (i) At least we're after good players but (ii) Should we not then lower our standards realising we don't have a good chance of getting them due to the competition for said player?

Having said all that, we don't know who we're after so we should really wait and see before we praise or slate anything regarding ins and outs.
It's all a balancing act really.

I take your point about not being able to compete with championship wages, and we shouldn't under any circumstances be paying wages like that for any player this summer. All I was picking up on was the "no go" comment.

Promising players in league two are more likely to join a club like ours than promising players currently in league one are. In the end it'll depend on how much they care about the potential of the club they're signing for, and the guarantee of first team football.

The transfer market is not a race. Even if it were; the starting flag doesn't go down until August. Let's remember who won the Tortoise v Hare play-off.

We'll have signed a few more before the big kick-off. That's when we need them. Players are functional, not ornamental.

Alternatively we could just sign any fucker; good bad or fucking useless, to appease the usual S2 premature exasperation.

As long as any players we sign then have had a pre-season at another club. Don't want players who have been sat on their backsides.

In wilders interview today, it sounds like they are further down the line that many expect with regards to players, showing them round the club, training facilities, players and their respective agents.

If a player leaves a club when their contract expires and we sign them, are the parent club still due compensation? even if the player opt'd not to renew with his current employer?

In wilders interview today, it sounds like they are further down the line that many expect with regards to players, showing them round the club, training facilities, players and their respective agents.

If a player leaves a club when their contract expires and we sign them, are the parent club still due compensation? even if the player opt'd not to renew with his current employer?

Where's todays interview been posted? Got a link?

Where's todays interview been posted? Got a link?
Dunno about a link but back page of Stir says that we are in advanced talks with three prospects. I wanna believe... I should believe..........I'm gonna believe! Happy days.

Call me controversial, but advanced talks to me doesn't mean showing them around the club and facilities.

Advanced talks is deal agreed with parent club....player negotiating finishing touches on the contract. Not interested in whether they like our academy pitches, the ground or the feckin team bus.

Here's an analogy that I see as the situation we are in.
Think back to school, and it's Football in PE. There are 6 teams to be picked to have a little 5 a side tournament, so 6 lads are nominated to pick a side. The rest line up and it starts at one end to pick a player.
Which players get picked first?

I don't need to answer this because it will be the same in every school in the land. There is always a group of lads left that are crap, nobody wants and usually end up chucked in goal.

And this is where we are. The better players are picked up first. So if we are still shopping about come August, it's not because we have been waiting for the best players, it's because we have missed out on the better players. And it's at that point the panic will set in, and we will revert to paying over the odds to bring in average again.
I repeat.....this is not the managers position or fault. This is the board not sanctioning the transfers of the players we wanted and missing out, only now we have a fan favourite in place to play the card "we won't pay more than they are worth" to keep things calm....for now.
We are not in the position to scout for cheap talent from lower leagues, we cannot gamble on them succeeding from the off. If we want to go up, it's going to cost money. If they want to bring in cheap talent that's been scouted and researched then they need to be honest with expectations and say so. Because that will take longer than one season.

And before anyone spouts about Clough wasting millions.....just look at the players he wanted....and those he had to get instead. I'll start with Coady.....

Yes.

still way to early to moan about transfer activity
if no one comes in before july 14th then we can start to ask why

no ones bought any players in this division that I would want at ours, so its not even worth moaning

of the list here
Ajose to Charlton?
Tafazolli to Posh?
Downing to MK?
Oztumer to Wallsall?
Evans to Chesterfield?
Holmes to Charlton?
Novak to Charlton?
Worral to Millwall?
Canavan to Rochdale?
McGahey to Rochdale?
McGlashan to Southend?
Wylde to Millwall?
Hutshinson to Millwall?
Zakuani to Northampton
Revell to Northampton

only Ajose worth a sniff , and he wanted to stay south

how many are 500k plus fees

So you’ve gone from salivating over Ricky Holmes’ highlight reel to him not being worth a sniff?

Pretty quick about turn.

Hard to say we should have signed any particular player as we don’t know the financial package and whether it’s value for money. What I can say though is that quite a few of those players would improve our team.

ricky holmes looked decent in league 2
can he make the step up

who knows

wont be crying over it

what is your problem , you go on like if w dont sign another 4 OR 5 BEFORE JULY WE WILL GET RELEGATED
lets all chill out and see what occurs

way way way too early to hit the panic button
might just sign a championship player instead
I expect some incoming next week , prepared to see who it is

some players prefer to stay in the south
if they do we dont want them

Yes...and does their contracts expiring mean we wouldn't have to pay compensation? Shouldn't be anything we can't afford.
We still have to pay compo as the contract offer was/is still there. Agreed on the compo it won't be astronomical. The dingle offer will have been a token payment so they could start negotiations hence the derisory offer. So Barney do you now see those players are not actually open for negotiation due to their respective clubs still holding them to a contract.

We still have to pay compo as the contract offer was/is still there. Agreed on the compo it won't be astronomical. The dingle offer will have been a token payment so they could start negotiations hence the derisory offer. So Barney do you now see those players are not actually open for negotiation due to their respective clubs still holding them to a contract.
Well that isn't true. The fact that there has to be a compensation fee paid doesn't mean that the player cannot be signed.

These four being mentioned yes as they are 24 or under ,after that age it's a free

" those players are not actually open for negotiation due to their respective clubs still holding them to a contract."
OK maybe there are some underhand negotiations behind a clubs back these agents are cunts. Obviously the dingle offer was to get a jump on negotiations and get it wrapped up early. So you understand this. What I don't understand is another dig at the club from yourself when you have no idea who we are or are not negotiating with. Funnily enough could well be who you have mentioned, but nothing can be officially announced till their contracts have actually lapsed

OK maybe there are some underhand negotiations behind a clubs back these agents are cunts. Obviously the dingle offer was to get a jump on negotiations and get it wrapped up early. So you understand this. What I don't understand is another dig at the club from yourself when you have no idea who we are or are not negotiating with. Funnily enough could well be who you have mentioned, but nothing can be officially announced till their contracts have actually lapsed
No, you said "those players are not open for negotiation due to their respective clubs still holding them to a contract." This isn't true because if a fee is agreed, the player is open for negotiation.

"nothing can be officially announced till their contracts have actually lapsed" - Again, not true. If a fee is agreed and the player is signed, it can be announced just as any other free transfer can before their previous deal ends.

No, you said "those players are not open for negotiation due to their respective clubs still holding them to a contract." This isn't true because if a fee is agreed, the player is open for negotiation.

"nothing can be officially announced till their contracts have actually lapsed" - Again, not true. If a fee is agreed and the player is signed, it can be announced just as any other free transfer can before their previous deal ends.
I thought we were discussing out of contract players and not paying transfer fees just compensation

Back
Top Bottom