Updates from Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

well tell me who have wednesday added to their squad
they are minted supposedly

tell me who have millwall added
tell me who has added more than 2 like we have
interested to know who you think is ready to go before training even starts

Wendies just reached the championship playoff final and haven’t just dumped half their squad. They have all sorts of shit we don’t like centre halves, central midfielders etc.

Millwall have signed David Worrall, Shaun Hutchinson, Gregg Wylde. i.e. more players than us despite needing less major surgery having reached the playoff final.

Millwall, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury, Bury, Charlton, Northampton, Peterborough and Walsall have all signed more players than us so far with the likes of Southend and Rochdale having signed the same number as us.

I suspect none have released/ transfer listed as many as we have and few will consider that their squad needed as big an overhaul as ours did so we are very much behind the pace. But I could have told you this would happen when we decided to bin the manager and head scout and start from scratch once again.

Fans beginning to meltdown before a manager has had chance to mop up the mess of previous regimes?

I mean, who'd have thought it?

Wilder OUT! :)

UTB

Not really surprising considering Adkins was sacked before he’d had the chance to mop up the mess of the previous regime.

Ajose to Charlton?
Tafazolli to Posh?
Downing to MK?
Oztumer to Wallsall?
Evans to Chesterfield?
Holmes to Charlton?
Novak to Charlton?
Worral to Millwall?
Canavan to Rochdale?
McGahey to Rochdale?
McGlashan to Southend?
Wylde to Millwall?
Hutshinson to Millwall?
Zakuani to Northampton
Revell to Northampton

But sure…. Let’s cite the club with the transfer embargo as the one’s whose example we should be following.

Funny thing is, when we’re out of the running by xmas again, you’ll be the one lambasting the manager for “choosing” not to bring players in.

I also note you haven’t answered me about the £10 charity bet on whether we spend £2million?

Wendies just reached the championship playoff final and haven’t just dumped half their squad. They have all sorts of shit we don’t like centre halves, central midfielders etc.

What?

I thought you were supposed to dismantle your squad and get rid of all your best players when you lose a playoff final, aren't you? That's how we do it!

The trouble is it don't look like McCabe will provide Wilder with a mop.

Hopefully ....... Tufty is the sort of lad who WILL be honest with the long-suffering supporters of this Club and tell the truth to us.

This may mean he has to drop the Board in the shit rather than covering for them and reveal if he's had the goalposts moved, the buying / selling rules changed .......

UTB & FTP

What?

I thought you were supposed to dismantle your squad and get rid of all your best players when you lose a playoff final, aren't you? That's how we do it!

Apparently there are alternatives to selling the best of the players that got you there and starting over.

Who've you got in mind?
No one in particular I'll leave that to tufty. The list is endless plenty of quality out there too. I am hoping for a busy couple of weeks for us in the transfer market if we're still looking threadbare by then it will be a worry, but the manager will not be to blame we all know who's fault it is.

Off the top of my head to name a few; Romaine Sawyers, Anthony Forde, Curtis Nelson, Kgosi Ntlhe.
Sawyers and Nelson are wanted by Championship clubs so that's a no go, Ntlhe is a left back and we've already brought our first choice in and Forde has scored 4 goals in almost 90 league games which isn't good enough for a winger, we need more goals from midfield.

Next?

The transfer market is not a race. Even if it were; the starting flag doesn't go down until August. Let's remember who won the Tortoise v Hare play-off.

We'll have signed a few more before the big kick-off. That's when we need them. Players are functional, not ornamental.

Alternatively we could just sign any fucker; good bad or fucking useless, to appease the usual S2 premature exasperation.

The transfer market is not a race. Even if it were; the starting flag doesn't go down until August. Let's remember who won the Tortoise v Hare play-off.

We'll have signed a few more before the big kick-off. That's when we need them. Players are functional, not ornamental.

Alternatively we could just sign any fucker; good bad or fucking useless, to appease the usual S2 premature exasperation.

I think people are anxious for us to get 2 first choice centre halves in nice and early so they can settle in and play pre-season as a unit so they don't play like strangers when the season starts.

Sawyers and Nelson are wanted by Championship clubs so that's a no go, Ntlhe is a left back and we've already brought our first choice in and Forde has scored 4 goals in almost 90 league games which isn't good enough for a winger, we need more goals from midfield.

Next?
Nelson is perfectly realistic, as is Sawyers. We're short on cover at left back so signing Ntlhe would be no harm whatsoever. It would also add some healthy competition. Wilder has said he wants another wide player and Forde would be a good addition.

I think people are anxious for us to get 2 first choice centre halves in nice and early so they can settle in and play pre-season as a unit so they don't play like strangers when the season starts.

Yes. So am I. So is the manager. What should we do? Bribery? Kidnap?

What we shouldn't do, but always in fact do, is assume that all the other clubs are signing world-beaters and we are 'missing out".

Yes. So am I. So is the manager. What should we do? Bribery? Kidnap?

What we shouldn't do, but always in fact do, is assume that all the other clubs are signing world-beaters and we are 'missing out".
If by "world beaters", you mean players good enough for a league one promotion push, we generally always have done that whilst being in league one, yes. And it's always turned out to be true.

Good shouts however you've outdone yourself again. All 4 offered contracts by their respective clubs, all 4 would cost compensation and all 4 of their contracts expire in 2 days.
Yes...and does their contracts expiring mean we wouldn't have to pay compensation? Shouldn't be anything we can't afford.

Nelson is perfectly realistic, as is Sawyers. We're short on cover at left back so signing Ntlhe would be no harm whatsoever. It would also add some healthy competition. Wilder has said he wants another wide player and Forde would be a good addition.
So you're saying we have just as good a chance of signing players who are wanted by Championship clubs?

How much can we afford to pay for cover at left back when CBs' are needed?

As I said regarding Forde, he doesn't score enough. I can't comment on his assists as I don't know what they are, that would be an interesting stat. What sort of player is he, I've hardly watched the bloke?

still way to early to moan about transfer activity
if no one comes in before july 14th then we can start to ask why

no ones bought any players in this division that I would want at ours, so its not even worth moaning

of the list here
Ajose to Charlton?
Tafazolli to Posh?
Downing to MK?
Oztumer to Wallsall?
Evans to Chesterfield?
Holmes to Charlton?
Novak to Charlton?
Worral to Millwall?
Canavan to Rochdale?
McGahey to Rochdale?
McGlashan to Southend?
Wylde to Millwall?
Hutshinson to Millwall?
Zakuani to Northampton
Revell to Northampton

only Ajose worth a sniff , and he wanted to stay south

how many are 500k plus fees

So you're saying we have just as good a chance of signing players who are wanted by Championship clubs?

How much can we afford to pay for cover at left back?

As I said regarding Forde, he doesn't score enough. I can't comment on his assists as I don't know what they are, that would be an interesting stat. What sort of player is he, I've hardly watched the bloke?
Forde is highly regarded and had a strong campaign last season. Not all wingers have to be goalscoring ones, although it does help. Where you generally want goals coming from in midfield is centrally, which is why I've said previously that Cameron McGeehan, for example, is one we also ought to be at least looking at.

Do you have any proof there is championship interest in Sawyers and Nelson? Even so, it'd be a step up for Sawyers, and a nice step up in terms of leagues for Nelson. As I say, they definitely shouldn't be out of a club like ours price range, and they are exactly the sort of players we need to be after.

Where the attraction to us will be for a player like Nelson is that we'll be able to guarantee first team football. You'd be hard pressed to find many teams signing players from two divisions below guaranteeing first team football. In addition to that, there's always the fact that Sheffield United is still seen as a more attractive club in terms of potential than many currently in the championship are.

Last edited:

...they're only realistic once the interest from championship clubs/Rangers interest is gone though...right!?

P.S- Barney , Barnsley offered a deal to Nelson (derisory, apparently) and Rangers are rumoured to be interested...

...they're only realistic once the interest from championship clubs/Rangers interest is gone though...right!?

P.S- Barney , Barnsley offered a deal to Nelson (derisory, apparently) and Rangers are rumoured to be interested...
He can't have been too flattered by it then. Which backs up what I said above.

And the SPL is league one standard anyway.

Back
Top Bottom