CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

you know the good thing is none of this exists. so its all fine. if you can crawl back to hole you came out or failing that jump in front of train & do us all favour it would be much welcome. you hidious worthless troll. who is a disgrace to the name of sheffield united

failing that ill just put you on ignore

I’ll see you when you come to end me big shot. Don’t be long.

easy tiger, you think this is funny do you, you want to come here & insult me, play me out to be some braindead moron. dont poke the bear & then play the victim because you got bitten.

you say ive dodged questions ive asked you 3 times. where would we fill the black hole & 3 times youve ignored seems you know even less than me call yourself a fan, your worthless stupid troll who talks more bollocks than Boris Johnson. no wonder they gave up on your education after junior school. they could tell it was waste of money

& if im making stuff up then so are these 3 stories.
View attachment 181995View attachment 181996View attachment 181997
Was true

Sean is consistent in his defence of the status quo and that is his narrative. Accepting his position as his opinion doesn’t mean you agree with him. My experience has come (previously itk) from those who know to an extent without being party to exact detail.

easy tiger, you think this is funny do you, you want to come here & insult me, play me out to be some braindead moron. dont poke the bear & then play the victim because you got bitten.

you say ive dodged questions ive asked you 3 times. where would we fill the black hole & 3 times youve ignored seems you know even less than me call yourself a fan, your worthless stupid troll who talks more bollocks than Boris Johnson. no wonder they gave up on your education after junior school. they could tell it was waste of money

Are you going to answer my question about where you got your inflated figures from? Why do we need to find £80-100m next season?

I don't think your wrong I do think alot of owners see CW as a risk.

Had a bust up with the boardrooms when managing in the lower leagues with Northampton/Oxford.

Obviously the well publicised bust up with our own owner.

We know West Brom owner vetoed the hiring of CW, and prior to that Charlton also pulled the plug.

View attachment 181992
This is from 2016. It came out afterwards that we came in for him and Wilder changed his mind before signing anything so I am not sure what there is to tear up!

Are you going to answer my question about where you got your inflated figures from? Why do we need to find £80-100m next season?
im not sure where the next season has coming from. i thought i clear it was on hypothetical scenario that we didnt go up this year & were still playing championship football

Southampton got a 102.6m for finishing bottom last yr, now you can only take Stephen bettis comments in Radio Sheffield interview at face value. so if he said then that the transfer strategy this summer was because most of it went on debts you would assume. at maybe 80m-100m. im assuming again because the prince wanted to sell us debt free

im not sure where the next season has coming from. i thought i clear it was on hypothetical scenario that we didnt go up this year & were still playing championship football

Southampton got a 102.6m for finishing bottom last yr, now you can only take Stephen bettis comments in Radio Sheffield interview at face value. so if he said then that the transfer strategy this summer was because most of it went on debts you would assume. at maybe 80m-100m. im assuming again because the prince wanted to sell us debt free
It’s nonsense though? Southamptons costs were and continue to be, much higher than ours. Their wage bill is massively higher, they have transfer fee payments outstanding and their running costs are also much higher, but how does their costs relate in any way to us?

So I’ll ask again, where is our £80-100m black hole just due to relegation?

It’s nonsense though? Southamptons costs were and continue to be, much higher than ours. Their wage bill is massively higher, they have transfer fee payments outstanding and their running costs are also much higher, but how does their costs relate in any way to us?

i think best we leave it. im not sure whats going on here because to me this is pretty simple maths. but their is some kind of misunderstanding here that we clearly cant get past. as we are talking 2 different things

Sod all this black hole, financial accounts and old Thorntons all this smacks of an owner who bullshitted his way to owning us and now realises he did need his own money to run a club.
Fancy thinking he can make money out of football club ey. What a joker.
Makes me laugh but this is the Blades way.

Mate all he said was Southampton got 102 million for finishing bottom. He wasn’t comparing us to Southampton

i think best we leave it. im not sure whats going on here because to me this is pretty simple maths. but their is some kind of misunderstanding here that we clearly cant get past. as we are talking 2 different things
You’ve said, hypothetically there is a £80-100m debt to cover if we aren’t promoted back to the PL.
I’ve asked where you’ve got your figures from and you’ve provided Southampton as a comparison.

It’s really simple. Where are our debts that leave us exposed to a £80-100m financial black hole that you suggested?

you’ve provided Southampton as a comparison
yes Southampton & every team who goes up since the new tv deal are guaranteed 102.6m its how the premier league works. so if we didn't go up Middlesbrough get that money. so what do we pay our debts off without premier league income

why did waffle on about Southampton wage bill & expenses that have no relevance to this issue

yes Southampton & every team who goes up since the new tv deal are guaranteed 102.6m its how the premier league works. so if we didn't go up Middlesbrough get that money. so what do we pay our debts off without premier league income

why did waffle on about Southampton wage bill & expenses that have no relevance to this issue
You were taking in the next few seasons, or were you only meaning historic. In which case they have no relevance on next season and we can move on?

You’ve said, hypothetically there is a £80-100m debt to cover if we aren’t promoted back to the PL.
I’ve asked where you’ve got your figures from and you’ve provided Southampton as a comparison.

It’s really simple. Where are our debts that leave us exposed to a £80-100m financial black hole that you suggested?
Financial liabilities 82 million . Depending how we got on this year will become clear in the summer when we sort out the squad for next season.

So the EFL don't have the power to impose points deductions for clubs that have broken regulations in the PL.

So the EFL don't have the power to impose points deductions for clubs that have broken regulations in the PL.

Pretty obvious really, EFL doesn’t have jurisdiction in the Prem and vice versa.

yes daily mail arent great but when multiple media sources & journalists thats just 3 that i posted. you have to assume no smoke without fire

You do realise that most 'news stories' are just copy and paste from the original 'story' so if a Wendy fan makes up a story it soon becomes - FACT.

Speaking of Fallowfield, you do realise that if you continue to insult other forum members you will end up in the same position as he did.

It is a very real threat it’s been on since the championship season. The storm is coming.

Come on Rifleman, a bit more please
If PA has cleared most of our debt due to PL revenues, what’s the big issue now that you’re referring to?

I've no idea how bad things are, but EFL P&S rules only allow losses of £13m a year. Next year we're allowed a bigger loss (~£20m) due to being in the EPL recently (& we get parachute payments, so we'll have an artifically higher income than other teams). The year we got promoted under Wilder we lost £21m, if we hadn't gone up we'd have been on course to break P&S rules. If we don't get promoted again before the parachute payments run out we'll have to significantly reduce spending to avoid breahing P&S. Plus the small matter of where the money is going to come from to actually overspend in the first place, if the prince doesn't want, or can't, keep financing the losses. Trying to break even every year might be the best long term strategy, but it will impact on the quality of players & results on the pitch (& doubtless increase the number of people asking where all the money has gone...)

I've no idea how bad things are, but EFL P&S rules only allow losses of £13m a year.
You’ve got me thinking now🤔

I read the other week that Kieran Maguire, finance academic and host of the Price of Football podcast, has calculated the operational losses for last season to average out at a remarkable £476,000 ($594,000) a week for every Championship club.

This equals an average of £24.752 million a year in losses. So how does that work for FFP as surely in a couple of years just about every championship club will be breaching FFP rules.

I’m not questioning what you’ve said Freddy as I remember the £13m per year figure, I’m just wondering how it will work going forward if championship club losses are at an all time high, and whether they’ll change the £13m figure per year to a much larger amount🤷🏻‍♂️ or just have all teams starting on minus points at the start of each season😁

Back
Top Bottom